Main Menu

SPAAAAAAACEEEEEE. or ummmm MAAAAARRRRRS

Started by Bighead2496, August 06, 2012, 04:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bighead2496

well its offical, Curiosity has landed. Launched back in november the Mars Science Laboratory(MSL), landed at 5:14 UTC today, its job to analyze more data, Faster than the preivous one rover still in operation now. its mission as set out by nasa:

In other words its going to be the green light for weather or not we can live on mars. Curiosity landed in the gale crater.
 if some of you didnt notice I'm really into the moon landed, space exploration, and Astro-physics. so im super geeking out about this xD.

lulks

"Veni, Vidi, Vici"

leviathan

I thought there was already something done like that.
To be truly sane, one must first be insane.

Bighead2496

Quote from: leviathan;5907I thought there was already something done like that.
there were two rovers on mars already Spirit and Opportunity, Spirit was since 2008 been out of commission, Opportunity is still in Operation, But this new rover is is twice as long and 5 times as massive as the first two.

Inquisitor Delo

At $2.5 Billion, that was quite the hit or miss. But I was happy to hear it landed safely, especially with the landing mechanisms it used. Now, time for SCIENCE! on Mars.
=][= Exitus Acta Probat =][=

Bighead2496

Id like to be the first astronaunt to set foot on another planet.

DragonMasterNYC

It is good to hear this though now we just need people to go.....

Quote from: Bighead2496;5913Id like to be the first astronaunt to set foot on another planet.
So be it.

We will start working on that mission right away.
God's in his Heaven. All's right with the world.

Inquisitor Delo

Quote from: Bighead2496;5913Id like to be the first astronaunt to set foot on another planet.

I sorta lost that ambition, but I've settled for the ambition of designing a spacecraft for commercial interplanetary flight.

Aerospace engineering, anyone?
=][= Exitus Acta Probat =][=

Soda

Whoever snuck SCP-504 into the cafeteria kitchen is getting terminated. Those tomato slices are like fucking shuriken. - Dr. Blast

Bighead2496

Quote from: Inquisitor Delo;5950I sorta lost that ambition, but I've settled for the ambition of designing a spacecraft for commercial interplanetary flight.

Aerospace engineering, anyone?
That is a very demanding job delo Good luck

RockCambo

Hope the Rover doesn't run into an imp while it's there... (blatent Doom reference is blatent)

I'm really excited that we sent another rover over there. Now when do we send the astronauts?

Quote from: Bighead2496;5968That is a very demanding job delo Good luck

I once considered Aerospace Engineering for a future career path, but then I just shifted to Astronomy instead.

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils, because it prolongs the torment of man." -Friedrich Nietzsche

Bighead2496

Quote from: RockCambo;6115Hope the Rover doesn't run into an imp while it's there... (blatent Doom reference is blatent)

I'm really excited that we sent another rover over there. Now when do we send the astronauts?

some where around 2020. that i know of

DragonMasterNYC

Quote from: Bighead2496;6116some where around 2020. that i know of
I thought they said 2025
God's in his Heaven. All's right with the world.

Bighead2496

Quote from: DragonMasterNYC;6130I thought they said 2025
ok i was 5 years off sorry xD