Main Menu

re opened

Started by MR.YUM YUMS, June 15, 2012, 10:50:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MR.YUM YUMS

OK first off in my previus thread "Muted, no warning" I was not allowed to say what i wanted to say

in a defence so im going to say it now. Like i said earlier 80% of the people dont get permision to "spam" and

the excuse "you shouldnt do it in the first place" like the "you need to get permision to do it" is also like i said

a crock of "bullshit". Second point "the spam was annoying" which is probably the biggest stupid excuse ever,

everyone knows ninny loves anime and the spam was just a nice quiet sneezy jazz anime opener tune that no

one would really find annoying unless you have a deep hatered for sneezy jazz anime openings, to get

"hatered" confused with "annoying". The third point kind of makes since i was also unintentionaly muted of

"lagging the server" but other people were also "spamming" there mics, what about them? also as just a

regular person on the server i find myself with lag from mic spams but initialy like the spam so i dont really

care because most of the time (like 99% of the time)i just love what people are spamming and the other 1%?

actuall SPAMMERS that make my ears bleed to an extent (lovely), so initialy i have to put up with the lag but

admins can be like: "OH? im getting lag i should mute the guy whos talking or playing a song other people

seem to be enjoying" as with the adverage person: "OH? im getting lag, but im really enjoying this spam so

im going to tough though it and if i get disconnected from the server ALL I HAVE TO DO IS REJOIN", or with

the second senario with the adverage person: "OH im getting lag and i dont really like this spam im just going

to CLIENT mute this person until there done", and yes some people have said: But YUM YUMS, you have

complained about getting disconnected from the server?, yes i have but that was when people were talking

over each other
, and THAT is what gets annoying.

The forth point is I dont care what kind of mute it is, its a

mute which gets frustraiting because when i do some how get unmuted ill actually just ask ninny to "spam"

and the more likely answer is NO, from the hoovy which i do not take seriusly, other people get to spam with

permision but cause lag but they get to do it because all they did was they ask, and a spam about circus afros

and amazing horses is just much less annoying then a nice calm sneezy jazz tune that lightens the mood. the

fith and final point is "stop trying to start shit" but the only reson im starting "shit" is what i think happened

is honeslty Bullshit the mute maybe not so much but no warning= no no bullshit. Now before we come to

conclusions and close the thread some people might actually have an opinion about this. Also most likely

another admin will come on here saying why im wrong and because the admin is always right and the normal

player is always wrong even though we are imperfect beings made by god. For those of you how did read this

thank you for lisening to my bitching and have a wonderful day :)
Hell shalth have no fury like mine

krazyswagga

I think both the player and staff are in blame here.Gonna keep it there so I don't "insult" the rules of the server.

Silent Muffin

K, In My Opinion, Both parties are at fault in some way. We agreed to the rules when we joined, whether we read them or not, which is understandable. As myself (Not being a micspammer in the first place), don't really worry about the rule since Micspam is not my thing.

But for others, I will say (Since I'm playing TF2 for at least 6 or so hours per day), From what I've seen, There are more than a share of players that micspam or talk over one-another throughout the day, usually when an Admin isn't around. And a lot of the time, the micspam CAN be annoying (A lot of the time it is). That case just mute the person yourself if it's annoying, or if other people like it but you don't. I'm sure people do that when necessary.

I personally don't see why micspam is such a big issue in the first place, unless it's annoying. Which case, I mute the person.. Or in the case of people talking over one another, I just turn off voice chat all together and turn it back on later. Though I see this case as a "Wrong Action at the Wrong Time" sort of deal. If it would have happened earlier or later, depending, then none of this would have happened...

People may also get the impression that it's OK to micspam since the only 2 messages appearing in the chat window are "Don't Micspam over other Micspammers!" and "Annoying Micspammers may be muted", nothing about having permission to micspam in the first place.

Another thing is I feel that if a majority of players don't have a problem with it, or some cases even WANT the person to spam, then the person shouldn't need permission to do it.. But that's just my opinion about that.

Anyways, I'm rambling at this point. I could say more on the subject, but I won't simply because It's not that big of a deal (Can't stress that enough!), and I'm at work on the clock right now, and if my boss caught on me here I'd be gone quicker than last year's fads.
Caring, Giving, even Delicious ^_^
Be Sure to pick up your VERY OWN Santa Muffin while they\'re on Sale! It makes a GREAT holiday gift for the ones you care about, as well as proves to them that they\'re actually worth something in life! (Seriously, some people have that problem). Hurry Though! As we only have a limited amount, and will only be on sale until Christmas!
ORDER NOW!!!!

static2601

Maybe you want to rewrite this since it sounds like a bunch a rambling and doesn't make any sense. You were muted because your spam was causing lag, not what you were playing but how often it was being played. When players spam music or just talk, it uses server bandwidth that can cause lag especially when everyone is talking and spamming at the same time. I know that you spam alot and can see why you would get muted. I personally don't like half the crap you spam. Just be happy your allowed to spam at all. When an admin says stop, then you need to stop even if you not lagging yourself.

MR.YUM YUMS

1. 80% of the people on the server dont even have permision
2. spam was annoying? yeah just listen to it [video=youtube;d-KxsdWX9xE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-KxsdWX9xE[/video]
3. Lag? now come on now dont tell me i was the only mic spammer causing lag there were like 2 other peopele spamming
4. dont care what the mute is its a mute and getting muted isnt fun
5. starting shit starts when bullshit happens (or when i think its bullshit)
6. I wasnt even warned she just did it, i would have if she said to
i must admit it is kind of a ramble i should have probibly shortend it but oh well i think i got my point arpund

static2601

Well, this doesn't sound bad at all but everybody has their own opinion on music. The point is, that there was lag from the mic spamming ( or so it seems) and the admin wanted it to stop, so they muted you. Maybe they should of warned you first, but muted instead. this would also work as a warning but id rather see something in chat or whatever.

DragonMasterNYC

Mr. Yum Yums first thing I would like to point out this is a constant thing with you. You never write a post that is "legible", and you write them in complete rage without any regard of structure so that others can read it. If you want our help take the time to make it look good, and not a wall of text. If you do have a problem take it up with the person that muted you before you make these threads, since after this point your walls of text are a waste of time. Atleast PM a manager if talking to them doesn't help.

Now I did see in chat logs that people wanted you to be muted, so Ninny was acting on that as well as the lag she was getting from it. Now maybe she should have warned you, but this happens every so often with you. So if something is happening over and over maybe you should take a hint and quit it. Now if your muted you should know most people leave and rejoin the server to avoid it, so why is it so hard for you to do it. You are no more special then the other players on the server, so there is no special treatment you must follow the same rules everyone else does.

On top of all this you don't even put these thread in the right section of the forums since it belongs in the server section, which shows me you can't follow the most simplest of rules. Now I moved them, but the general section of the forums is not for server related matters.
God's in his Heaven. All's right with the world.

Flapjack

thread isn't dead yet but first i'd like to say afew people on the server have been acting like their bigshots just because " Oh im friends with an admin so i can gag you" or "Yes im a admin" all of that bullshit im sick of it all when yum yums micspams everybody gets pissed but if some random guy joins for the first time and starts mic spamming they dont give a fuck, im pretty pissed as you can see i do respect all of the rules for ua and i do follow them but this is just bullshit here guys.
Nobody ever said their life was better without peter the cat.

static2601

Yes i know, I don't like it but there's not much you can do about it. Everyone there knows an admin, so it's kinda pointless. I try to treat new members differently since its there first time here and don;t know the rules ye. I'd expect everyone to do the same but it's nothing you really can expect.

Flapjack

Quote from: static2601;4892Yes i know, I don't like it but there's not much you can do about it. Everyone there knows an admin, so it's kinda pointless. I try to treat new members differently since its there first time here and don;t know the rules ye. I'd expect everyone to do the same but it's nothing you really can expect.
i just dislike the people who think their bigshots on the servers thinking they can do anything they damn well please.

Cold Assassin

3 words, CLIENT SIDE MUTE. We should make it an advertisement on the server, if you don't want to hear the mic spam, client side mute them. What about vote gag and vote mute on the server open to the public to initiate a vote. Have limits, like mutes only last one hour or some shit, just my two cents

Sent from my ATRIX 4G!

Flapjack

it would be a good idea and atleast a 10 min waiting time so people wont abuse the shit out of it like they did the last time.

MR.YUM YUMS

yeah but because of some tober douche bag who i never heard of, kept allegedly abused the vote and static took it away because of it :/ but there still is client mute

--- Update ---

i kind of forgot his name im pretty sure it was tober but i heard this referd to his computer as the diamond dick

Flapjack

Quote from: MR.YUM YUMS;4970yeah but because of some tober douche bag who i never heard of, kept allegedly abused the vote and static took it away because of it :/ but there still is client mute

--- Update ---

i kind of forgot his name im pretty sure it was tober but i heard this referd to his computer as the diamond dick
the diamond dick :3