Main Menu

Minecraft 1.1 Coming this month!

Started by humancatpost, January 10, 2012, 11:11:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

humancatpost

Jeb (@Jeb_) has recently announced on Twitter that the next Minecraft update will be launching later this month.  As some of you know, Jeb has just stepped up as the head Minecraft developer, and has been hard at work adding new language options into the game for those who don't speak english.  Here are some of the official changes so far:

-Dozens of new languages (including Pirate speak and Klingon)
-Faster Brewing and less random enchanting
-Return of beaches!
-Hills/mountains in forest biomes
-Mob spawning eggs in creative mode (no Ender Dragon eggs unfortunately)
-New terrain generation option (Superflat)
-"Fixed" ladders (removed hitbox around the ladders so you don't faceplant into them)
-Fence gates have a smaller hitbox, so you are able to move as close as you can to fences

That's all I can remember for now, although there has been talk of tons of other features that may/may not be worked on soon!
There\'s a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life.

lulks

"Veni, Vidi, Vici"

DragonMasterNYC

That he has, but I'm sure once this is out the API will soon follow.
God's in his Heaven. All's right with the world.

humancatpost

Quote from: DragonMasterNYC;3021That he has, but I'm sure once this is out the API will soon follow.

One can only dream...
There\'s a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life.

Bighead2496

does tht mean we have to rest the server again?

DragonMasterNYC

Quote from: Bighead2496;3027does tht mean we have to rest the server again?
No its a small change that we will see as we spread out.
God's in his Heaven. All's right with the world.

Soda

Whoever snuck SCP-504 into the cafeteria kitchen is getting terminated. Those tomato slices are like fucking shuriken. - Dr. Blast