Main Menu

Happy Halloween, Mercenaries!

Started by humancatpost, October 27, 2011, 11:14:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

humancatpost

As you may have noticed, Team Fortress 2 may have just started updating [queue spooky wind].  But have no fear, this is simply the Third Annu-Hell Very Scary Scream Fortress Event!  Actually, have lots of fear, because it's absolutely terrifying!  [sound of screaming and ghoulish laughter].  Here's the spine-chilling change log:

Halloween 2011 Event

Viaduct has been haunted and is now... Eyeaduct!
One full multi-piece costume set has been added for each class
Random gifts containing costume pieces drop in Eyeaduct on registered servers
2 new Halloween 2011 achievements
Any unusual hats uncrated during the event will be Halloween-themed
New Halloween-themed items are available in the Mann Co. store, but only for a limited time!
Updated effects for The Cow Mangler 5000
Updated in-game abuse reporting tool to include option for reporting abusive game servers
Added mapcycle_halloween containing all Halloween event maps
Fixed team colors and styles not updating properly in store previews
Fixed bug in reputation trend status display for registered servers
Fixed a problem that could cause repeated stutters after joining a server
Fixed the Spine-Chilling Skull not appearing when equipped by soldiers
New Halloween-themed community-created items submitted to the Workshop are now available in the Mann Co. store!

Undocumented changes

All Ghastly Gibuses have been upgraded to Ghastlier Gibuses. Ghastlier Gibuses have been upgraded to the new Ghastlierest Gibuses.
The Halloween 2010 Noisemakers have been made re-availaible in the MannCo Store
Hitting the Horseless Headless Horsemann now plays a hitsound, as if you had hit a player.
Not giving Humancatpost a free hat will result in your steam account being VAC banned.  Spooky!

Also, I promise to update the UA Event server and the Mario kart server tomorrow morning (if static didn't by then).  I tried tonight, but the server traffic made it utterly impossible.  We will also be running the new map, Eyeaduct, on the Event server so you can kill the new, strangely Terraria like boss.  Enjoy!  [lightning; queue T0$t3D laughing maniacally, then coughing on saliva]

Happy Haunting,
UA Staff
There\'s a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life.

Soda

[Okay, umm, no first comments. This is my chance! :O] Uhm...I like pie?
Whoever snuck SCP-504 into the cafeteria kitchen is getting terminated. Those tomato slices are like fucking shuriken. - Dr. Blast

humancatpost

Now looking for cauldrons!

--- Update ---

Mario Kart server now updated!
There\'s a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life.

Flapjack

Nobody ever said their life was better without peter the cat.

Inquisitor Delo

I'd like the sniper set. I already have the silver bullets, which look awesome.
=][= Exitus Acta Probat =][=