Main Menu

Minecraft 1.9 pre-release 4

Started by DragonMasterNYC, October 14, 2011, 10:52:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonMasterNYC

The 4th pre-release of 1.9 was loaded up yesterday by jeb and you can download it from here.

What we know so far about this release is you now have access to the Ender Realm. I was in creative mode and looked like a single solitary island, and there is no way out, Nether gates don't even work there.

If you want to find a gate use an Eye of Ender to find a Stronghold, and you will need about 12 Eyes to open the gate.

Dragons aren't in the game just yet, but maybe we will see them next release.

Post anything you have that I may have missed.

That's all for now
UA Staff
God's in his Heaven. All's right with the world.

humancatpost

Enchantments now actually work and are AWESoMe!  Also, there are new throwable potions, and a circular sun and moon with phases!  Also, on reddit, there is a jar modification for the prerelease that allows you to spawn ender dragons by right clicking with a golden sword.
There\'s a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life.

lulks

You can increase the effectiveness of enchantments with bookshelves.
"Veni, Vidi, Vici"

Turboplant

Dragons ARE in the game, but there is no legitimate way to produce them.

lulks

Even another end portal won't work. I tried.
"Veni, Vidi, Vici"

DragonMasterNYC

Quote from: lulks;1500Even another end portal won't work. I tried.
Ya you just cant get out.

lulks

They will probably fix that in the next pre release maybe.
"Veni, Vidi, Vici"

Turboplant

Quote from: lulks;1512They will probably fix that in the next pre release maybe.
With any luck we'll have an entire game patch rather than another pre-release.

DragonMasterNYC

Quote from: lulks;1512They will probably fix that in the next pre release maybe.
Well it is the End, but you never know.

lulks

I think getting out has something to do with the enderdragons,
"Veni, Vidi, Vici"

DragonMasterNYC

Quote from: lulks;1540I think getting out has something to do with the enderdragons,
Could be I just want to ride one and fly.

Soda

Hopefully the Endermen and Dragons are neutral in their world too, or else, we're screwed.
Whoever snuck SCP-504 into the cafeteria kitchen is getting terminated. Those tomato slices are like fucking shuriken. - Dr. Blast

DragonMasterNYC

Quote from: Soda;1546Hopefully the Endermen and Dragons are neutral in their world too, or else, we're screwed.
Na we are screwed.

humancatpost

Quote from: DragonMasterNYC;1522Well it is the End, but you never know.

Notch was saying something on Twitter about a crazy over-the-top endgame message for when you beat Minecraft.  Maybe you have to go to the end and kill the dragon to get an endgame achievement that triggers an endgame message.
There\'s a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life.

DragonMasterNYC

Quote from: humancatpost;1563Notch was saying something on Twitter about a crazy over-the-top endgame message for when you beat Minecraft.  Maybe you have to go to the end and kill the dragon to get an endgame achievement that triggers an endgame message.
Could be or maybe you need to die in the End to get to the sky realm.

lulks

Its funny to kill the endermen using lava, beds, and fire
"Veni, Vidi, Vici"

DragonMasterNYC

Quote from: lulks;1576Its funny to kill the endermen using lava, beds, and fire
So he want's to burn me in my sleep.