Main Menu

Halp

Started by Codbarley, August 20, 2013, 04:59:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Codbarley

I'm running a mac, version 10.6.8 and I get this error everytime I try to get on the server. Any ideas?

lulks

This advice might not help, but you might have to install it manually.
"Veni, Vidi, Vici"

Codbarley

I don't have the map files though :(

static2601

the web server I was using got suspended, so all fast downloads for the maps wont work. Ill have to get a new web host or dropbox to put the map in.

static2601

Map downloads are back, I tried it and works for me but ive never gotten the CRC error you got.
Heres a direct download:
http://43940.artofwarcentral.com/redirect/maps/dm_mariokart_2013_summer_p1b.bsp.bz2
Make sure you unpack the bz2 just as you would a zip, drop the map in your download/maps folder, make sure there is nothing with the same file name anywhere, just want the bsp.

Codbarley

YAY IT WORKS. Thanks a bunch static. I'm probably going to have to manually download each new map update though.

static2601

NP, im guessing you couldn't download it from the server and downloaded it directly? I try and post alternate downloads when I put out map updates since people have had problems downloading from the server in the past. I just hope the reason people weren't playing was because this was down. Im pretty sure tf2 asks if you want to black list the server if you cant connect. Im not sure how long that was down for.

Codbarley

I dont know but I haven't been able to connect to your server in like 4 months. I figured it was an issue with my operating system so I forgot about it for a while. I do miss everyone. I hope the server livens up soon.

Tetra

Hopefully, though doubtful UA will return its 2010-2011 glory.

Codbarley

What the hell happened to us anyway? gametracker says the server hasn't had more than 8 people on at one time in a month.

MegaSuperGeneral

to many IPs , and the last ip for this one was laging real bad

Nuro

Server went down for a while due to sudden, unexpected maintenance. Then the server was moved to a machine in Texas for about 2 months. A lot of people were lost when this IP changed (since TF2's server list doesn't save domains, only the resolved IPs) for one. Secondly, a lot of people were lost over this 2 month time due to an extremely laggy server that was practically unplayable over half the times I was on it at least. The server was finally moved again due to this issue, though the old server's title was replaced with info for the new one. Still, I am sure some people were too lazy to copy the IP for the new one.

There's also that a lot of regulars got caught up in other games (e.g. Minecraft, DCUO, Warframe).

Cold Assassin

The problem was artofwar was junk and I stated this from the beginning, but static wanted full control and didnt want to pay for it, so you get a shit server with shit service..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Lil_tankk

Well things come to a end if there no communication or accept the. Fact we need help I know cold will gladly will help out he always has done it