Main Menu

Turboplant's Signature Discussion

Started by Turboplant, September 12, 2011, 12:20:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turboplant

So I'm weighing how to go about an ideal signature, so far I have this:

▐ It will consist of a single image, animated .GIF format.
▐ It shouldn't convey too much information; no more than desired.
▐ Most of all, it should be a hallmark of my presence, unique to me and a good indicator of my personal interests.

DragonMasterNYC

Images are allowed you just need to host them elsewhere.

As for size the most they should be 150px by 400px.

If you make an animated one make sure it's not over 512KB since it will lag the pages when loading ideally no more then 128KB.

A signature should show something about you. Whether its just your name with a design in it, some abstract art, or a game scene faded or tinted.
God's in his Heaven. All's right with the world.

Turboplant

Quote from: DragonMasterNYC;653Images are allowed you just need to host them elsewhere.

As for size the most they should be 150px by 400px.

If you make an animated one make sure it's not over 512KB since it will lag the pages when loading ideally no more then 128KB.

A signature should show something about you. Whether its just your name with a design in it, some abstract art, or a game scene faded or tinted.

I'll keep that in mind; avoiding going over 100px in height.

DragonMasterNYC

Quote from: Turboplant;678I'll keep that in mind; avoiding going over 100px in height.
75pc - 100px is an ideal height without going crazy. Sometimes the smaller the image the better since it doesn't take much space. Considering how I have the post view it's not much of a problem since it will fill the empty space.

I know you were talking about an animated gif, but have you tried to make an animated png, only saying it because they're better quality.
God's in his Heaven. All's right with the world.

Turboplant