Main Menu

Angrynewb

Started by angrynewb, September 06, 2011, 03:42:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

angrynewb

Hello everyone im Angrynewb.

I started out playing warcraft 1 back in the mid 90s and started owning nubs in Duke Nukem around 98 or so while in the Marine Corps and played a little Asherons Call Darktide server 99+. I remember playing DOD, CS, and TF1 back in the day and just recently started playing TF2. Obviously in my order age i play less and less as my life as progressed into Husband/Father roles but i still enjoy a nice FPS session from time to time to make sure that our younger generation understands that while they carry the torch it was us Generation Xers who handed it to them.

Semper FI
Angrynewb

Bighead2496

Semper Fi Marine
Good to see a marine on this forum. I look forward to playin TF2 with you.

angrynewb

Hey Bighead your sig has Marine Snipers in it, i take it your a Marine?

DragonMasterNYC

Welcome to the site angrynewb and enjoy you time here.

Counter Strike was a great mod turned game.
God's in his Heaven. All's right with the world.

Bighead2496

Not yet Angry im a wannabe considering im only 15 i still got some time before i can server but i will even if it means i break every bone in boot camp. and oddly enought im not enlisting for snipers. im enlisting for either Combat photographery, or combat engineer.

DragonMasterNYC

Quote from: Bighead2496;319Not yet Angry im a wannabe considering im only 15 i still got some time before i can server but i will even if it means i break every bone in boot camp. and oddly enought im not enlisting for snipers. im enlisting for either Combat photographery, or combat engineer.
I would never enlist, but I think a combat engineer would be a good position that is unless you like taking pictures.

Bighead2496

i have two options because i know altwast one of them is going to be full. i accutally got a list of 5 jobs but those are my top two. Ethier job im willing to do cause i like taking picture and the other job i get to handle explosives Win-win.

Soda

Welcome to the UA Clan. Enjoy your stay!
Whoever snuck SCP-504 into the cafeteria kitchen is getting terminated. Those tomato slices are like fucking shuriken. - Dr. Blast

angrynewb

Quote from: Bighead2496;329i have two options because i know at least one of them is going to be full. i accutally got a list of 5 jobs but those are my top two. Ethier job im willing to do cause i like taking picture and the other job i get to handle explosives Win-win.

Couple of things to keep in mind when selecting a MOS is how relevant is that job in the civilian job market, and how much time will i actually spend doing the parts of the MOS that feel i will enjoy.

Combat Photography is another term for rifleman with a camera, you will basically work side by side with the grunts doing the same things they do. Your photography time will be limited to your free time outside of faps and other duty assignments. "filling sand bags, standing fire watch, cleaning gear etc" Once you hit E-4 to E-5 is when you will have the power to actually spend some time doing your job. Remember it can take sometimes 3 to 4 years to make E-4.  outside of the service you can look to set up a wedding photography shop and hope to make a living snapping brides and grooms give there I Do's. Combat correspondence for news outlets would be the best possible case scenario for a civilian job in a related field.

Combat Engineer these are the guys that build bridges and blow shit up. in reality you will spend much more time in standard rifle combat then blowing anything up. Combat Engineering will be come your 2nd MOS behind 0311 "rifleman" so not only will you perform all the task as a standard infantryman but you will also have to occasionally build some shit houses, dig fox holes and maybe blow up some confiscated ordinance.

I have no doubt that both of these jobs can be very rewarding but at 15 years old you have a few years to really decide what it is you want to do and trust me don't let some recruiter talk you into a MOS because of some enlistment quota. Research each option carefully and don't hesitate to ask me any questions you may have.

DragonMasterNYC

Quote from: angrynewb;351Research each option carefully and don't hesitate to ask me any questions you may have.

I say this to anyone who is thinking of doing this and like he said don't let them just drag you in.

Bighead2496

I know i have done alot of research. and im using another forums for people interested in be marines and they have recomended alot of places for reasearch. i know the way i put it sounds blunt and i sound like i have no idea what i am saying. but i have done my homework. but thank you for your help it reminds me thats i still have alot of options. :D

DragonMasterNYC

We all have options when it comes to what we know and do.

We just don't wanna see you taken for a ride.

Bighead2496

Nah the recuirters arent gonna full me the other forums i was talking abou tells us how to deal with your recuirter. in a reaspectable manner.

angrynewb

Good deal.

--- Update ---

is there a reason why im muted now in the game? ever since i put the UA tag on i cant chat in game.

Bighead2496

idk i thik it was the raging squeaker cause we muted him so when we did that he tried vote muting people and then some people saw the vote mute ad thought it was some other person.

DragonMasterNYC

If this hasn't be resolved before I get in Ventrilo tonight I'll tell Ninny or Static to remove it.

angrynewb

at some point yesterday i could chat again. Seems to be random.

DragonMasterNYC

Quote from: angrynewb;451at some point yesterday i could chat again. Seems to be random.
Glad to see you can talk again.

humancatpost

Introduction turned military sign up sheet.  I like it.
There\'s a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life.

Bighead2496

Quote from: humancatpost;460Introduction turned military sign up sheet. I like it.
yeah i know its awesome.

DragonMasterNYC

Only guy I know that enlisted is still in an old clan, he's not home much though.

Tober

Tama

Quote from: Tober;637Check my doubles
Don't spam dude.