Main Menu

Unknown Assassins' Adventure Map

Started by Chipawok, October 25, 2012, 08:15:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chipawok

Minecraft 1.4 is officially out, and in the update Mojang added in quite a few new tools for the creation and development of custom maps. Customized  spawners and spawn locations to a whole new block just for red stone activated commands. I have always wanted to create a map, and have worked on a few small projects of the sorts, and had the idea of creating an Adventure map based off of the clan. Some of the things I thought of having were Custom enemies to act as bosses that the player would have to "assassinate" or otherwise kill, and also include clan member npc's and builds to emulate our rpg world. Right now this is just an idea, (though I am as we speak working out some of the concepts) and would like to know if anyone would be interested in having Clan adventure map. I also want to know if i can have permission to use some players gamer tags (say one character in the map would be named Chipawok, ect...) If you would like to see your name or character possibly make its way into an adventure map, please let me know in this thread.

Also if anyone has any other ideas to add to the concept, please share. I would love to incorporate it into a map :D
I still sign because of Peer Pressure...

DamonRageDevil

That sounds like an awesome idea my chippy friend. Playing with the assassin concept could really work. Have a bunch of books giving the next target or whatever. Kill all us UA people. I have a death quota to fill, so if that's what your planning, add me in. If it's not what your planning, add me in anyway. Because me and you go back a long way... to... that one thingie.
Still Norwegian, still...err...something that rhymes with Norwegian.

Chipawok

xD That is sort of the idea I had, Damon ol' buddy ol' pal. But instead of hunting the UA clan, it would be from the point of view of someone trying to join or getting caught up in the Unknown Assassins. Then this person would be given tasks to eliminate certain enemies or whatever (say the Unknown Templars?!) And I could definatly add you. Do you want to be on the UA side or the UT side? I can find a way to kill you in either ;)

DamonRageDevil

Templars are boring, put me on the UA side oh buddy ol pal. Dying is second nature to me, so it has to be in there someplace eh? thanks you wokinated genius you.
Still Norwegian, still...err...something that rhymes with Norwegian.

leviathan

I don't think i fully understand what it would be, but it sounds very interesting.
To be truly sane, one must first be insane.

DragonMasterNYC

Leviathan it's a simple change of rules to the server or the world in this case.

We could use command blocks to teleport people form place to place, do /me, give xp and items. So we can set up something more RP. Hmm makes me wonder about that map that just came out a few weeks ago I think it was a map of WOW in Minecraft, I think it was about 24GB. With that said it reduces the need for some commands on the server.

Also there is a new adventure gamemode so that people can't break certain blocks. If anything there will be no need to protect the world from griefers.
God's in his Heaven. All's right with the world.

Chipawok

I was thinking more along the lines of a regular adventure map, but turning it into a better rpg for the server would be much cooler xD I can see towns being sort of like quest hubs for the Assassins, and in the towns the player would be in adventure mode so they don't break anything. But we could still have the survival aspect to the server by adding a gate at the entrance and exit of each town that changes there mode back to survival when they leave. Also, some areas in the wild could have dungeons and such that when they enter, they are set to adventure mode and have to work their way out, and of course get an achievement out of it. Maybe when should have a creative server up so people can build different types of dungeons and plan out quests that can be added in for all of the players on the main world.