Main Menu

Banning Weapons?

Started by Silent Muffin, December 02, 2012, 11:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent Muffin

From what I'm hearing, there are plans to ban the Red-Tape Recorder due to it downgrading things to fast.

I'm personally not in support of this, seeing as Valve may end up nerfing it anyways, like they did with the Tomislav (Originally 75% faster Spin-up, nerfed to 40%, later nerfed to 10%) or enforcer.

As well as the fact that if there's a rather large Engineer nest right outside of the base that nobody is able to take out (Not even multiple Ubers), the red-tape can help at least weaken it so the team will have a chance of getting out.

Plus, the old complaints about the Huntsman, Direct Hit, and Loch N Load have been coming back, more so than that of the red-tape. (I've heard numerous complaints about the 3 stated above, and only 1 complaint about the red-tape during the last few days.) With those having the capability to one-shot 4-5 of the 9 classes both close and far range alike as well as having insanely fast projectile speed.

If the Red-Tape gets banned, I'd think that some of the above weapons be banned as well, I mean, It'd only be fair. Though I'm not personally in favor of banning anything, as it's only Mario Kart, which is meant for fun more than anything else. (And none of these personally annoy me to that level)

Anyways this is just my opinion on the situation, feel free to post yours.

~Santa "Muffin Button"
Caring, Giving, even Delicious ^_^
Be Sure to pick up your VERY OWN Santa Muffin while they\'re on Sale! It makes a GREAT holiday gift for the ones you care about, as well as proves to them that they\'re actually worth something in life! (Seriously, some people have that problem). Hurry Though! As we only have a limited amount, and will only be on sale until Christmas!
ORDER NOW!!!!

Soda

Weapon banning is ridiculous. The weapons are like the 9 classes; each of them has a disadvantage. Take the huntsman: It's really easy to get kills in the tunnels because of the tight spaces, but a pyro that actually knows how to airblast or a scout with bonk can easily get past that.
Whoever snuck SCP-504 into the cafeteria kitchen is getting terminated. Those tomato slices are like fucking shuriken. - Dr. Blast

Silent Muffin

I agree, I was just making the point that if just a sapper ends up getting banned, it would only be fair to ban the things that are causing most complaints.

I find it kinda unfair to ban anything in the first place, as there's always a counter to everything.
Be Sure to pick up your VERY OWN Santa Muffin while they\'re on Sale! It makes a GREAT holiday gift for the ones you care about, as well as proves to them that they\'re actually worth something in life! (Seriously, some people have that problem). Hurry Though! As we only have a limited amount, and will only be on sale until Christmas!
ORDER NOW!!!!

Tama

If huntsman gets banned I quit, I didn't pay 14 keys for nothing

static2601

14 keys for a huntsman? why didnt you just craft one.

Silent Muffin

I'm assuming it's a huntsman of the Strange Variety, from Salvaged Crate 40.
ORDER NOW!!!!

Tama

MegaSuperGeneral

I dont think weapons should be banned, The Red tape just needs to down grade slower.

Engineer  nest can be taken out easy. sometimes team mates will just go one way  when trying to fight it. when the camp near red's elevator there is 4  ways to go to attack it. and when its near Blue's elevator there is 3  ways to attack , but its easier for Demoman to take it out there. why people keep going one way i dont know why.

now for huntsman, Pyros and Scouts can take care of that, Bonk stops the arrow. Pyros can air blast them back .  

Direct  Hit your kinda just hurting yourself and yes there are people that cant  aim, most people see a rocket coming and move.  when it hits the wall  with the Direct Hit your less likely to get runners. and if your  storming bases and in it, you cant really help, because your less likely  to kill people coming down from the spawn.  

Loch N Load you miss with it your done. i cant be anymore simple that that.

Silent Muffin

Keep in mind that we're not dealing with competitive-level players on servers like this, most times it's the polar opposite, so most times, team strategy is out of the question. xD

Though I also agree that nothing should get banned, as There's always a counter for everything.. And the server's just for fun, not like UGC.
ORDER NOW!!!!

static2601

Well the server is both for fun and for serious gamers. The weapons are balanced and I don't think any of the weapons are overpowered to the point that they should be removed. Ill let valve decide what stays and what goes. Yes I could remove weapons from the server or even remove classes like the spy but i wouldn't do that unless there was a serious unbalance of the weapon that pretty much all gamers of TF2 (not just the server) agree that is unbalanced. It that case valve would probably remove it. I never really thought of the red tape recorder as anything useful. more of practical joke the spy plays on the engineer, reversing his build. Its no worse then the sapper were it disables and destroys it. Im pretty sure you can just smack it with your wrench and build it back up. Maybe you should be carrying pyros with you.

Dark

Make the Red-Tape go any slower and it's useless, the whole purpose of it's existence is to provide a balanced sidegrade to the regular Electrosapper. We don't need to remove or nerf weapons, were aren't STAR.