Main Menu

advanced weaponiser / DCU

Started by MegaSuperGeneral, May 10, 2012, 01:05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MegaSuperGeneral

I haven't been on the Mario cart server as much lately, mostly  due to the advanced weaponiser. The  advanced weaponiser is not going to stop me from playing but I'm going to be less frequently on the Mario cart server because of this mod. At first I thought the  advanced weaponiser was something cool and unique. Now just seems to take away from the fun server.

In DC universe poison ivy event has started. It's an opportunity to get limited items, everything from costume pieces to armor the even buffing items. DC universe is free to play so if you're just starting out we do have higher level players that are willing to help out lower level players to level up. So if you want to join us in DC universe contact Ninny or me .

monkalicious666

My real problem with it is the massive lag it causes on the server.
As I bear the darkness into battle, my suffering becomes my strength.

static2601

Quote from: MegaSuperGeneral;4457I haven't been on the Mario cart server as much lately, mostly  due to the advanced weaponiser. The  advanced weaponiser is not going to stop me from playing but I'm going to be less frequently on the Mario cart server because of this mod. At first I thought the  advanced weaponiser was something cool and unique. Now just seems to take away from the fun server.

In DC universe poison ivy event has started. It's an opportunity to get limited items, everything from costume pieces to armor the even buffing items. DC universe is free to play so if you're just starting out we do have higher level players that are willing to help out lower level players to level up. So if you want to join us in DC universe contact Ninny or me .
I like it except for shillings not dropping. I was going to try and make it so players can turn it off for them so you wont get drops or be able to use the loadout. One thing I could do about the lag is remove the attributes that cause the lag or even try to optimize it so it uses less entities. What weapons do you think cause lag?

monkalicious666

It's definately the entities cause especially when the pyro is throwing out oil and hay bales it lags really bad.
As I bear the darkness into battle, my suffering becomes my strength.

Silent Muffin

I'm not really a big fan of it either, mainly because I have to set my quality very low to get a very good consistent frame rate, not counting random lag spikes. I also think it takes away some of the fun of the server because more than half the time you can't see the models, there are weapon/item attributes that may seem unfair to other players, and most of all, I feel that if it's not broken, don't try to fix it. I know my conservative side is really showing right about now, but TF2 was just as fun, if not more than before this. I feel some things just need to be said, just my opinion though.
Caring, Giving, even Delicious ^_^
Be Sure to pick up your VERY OWN Santa Muffin while they\'re on Sale! It makes a GREAT holiday gift for the ones you care about, as well as proves to them that they\'re actually worth something in life! (Seriously, some people have that problem). Hurry Though! As we only have a limited amount, and will only be on sale until Christmas!
ORDER NOW!!!!

static2601

where are you when you get this lag and is the disco room on? There might be something i can optimize in the map. Type net_graph 5 in console and tell me what your lowest fps and your highest fps is. Your fps is the first number in the top, right hand corner of the graph. Mine is 35 and 299. You can get the lowest by going to the corner of the map and looking towards the center of the middle building. Actually, send me a screenshot of it when you start to lag. Then I can see where the lag is coming from.

Silent Muffin

It really happens when the disco room is on or off, but the lag is a bit worse when it's on. My Max FPS I usually get is about 200, and my Lowest is like 6 or 7. I usually don't lag too much in the tunnels unless a lot of people are talking on the mic, but When I'm outside anywhere that I get a Clear view of most of the map (like in the corner near the spawns looking toward the building) is when I'm lagging most.
Be Sure to pick up your VERY OWN Santa Muffin while they\'re on Sale! It makes a GREAT holiday gift for the ones you care about, as well as proves to them that they\'re actually worth something in life! (Seriously, some people have that problem). Hurry Though! As we only have a limited amount, and will only be on sale until Christmas!
ORDER NOW!!!!

Cold Assassin

It's Annoying. I like to use vanilla servers personally (no mods).

Silent Muffin

I've been actually looking to get into competitive TF2 in my spare time. UGC Highlander season 7 is open for team sign-ups right now until June, and all participants get a free medal. I'm probably going to play as Soldier this season. So if you're wondering why you don't see me around as much, that's probably why.
ORDER NOW!!!!

Doctor Who

I am quite upset about the advance weaponizer Mod and i personally would like it removed! also Join DCUO if you haven't already Haha! Same goes for SMNC!

Tama

Personally I just want it removed all together.

lulks

I am not a fan of Advanced Weaponiser to be honest.
"Veni, Vidi, Vici"

Kaoru Konneko

Weaponizer has much unbalance to it and certain people use nothing, but the weaponizer weapons, I found there was a reason valve never included these designs, this is why.

I enjoy other server mods, but when it gets too chaotic because to many people are using these things, or people avoiding the server due to problems, I see need for changes.

Everyone I understand is entitled to their opinions, but I will say this "When it comes right down to it: The minds of the many out rank the mind(s) of the one or the few."
Kaoru Konneko

"You can harm me, but you will not be allowed to harm those I know."

What I am currently means nothing to me, what I am to myself and those who I know and care...
Means the world to me.

Doctor Who

Please who ever reads this for the love of all that is holy. PLEASE REMOVE WEAPONIZER MOD!

--- Update ---

There is a reason why these weapons aren't in the game to begin with! its because they are so OP. I will be off the server more until it is removed.

lulks

A lot of the weapons are overpowered (especially the Hell's Bells).
"Veni, Vidi, Vici"

static2601

Poll in effect. Please vote.

Flapjack

I like the mod but then again i cant say much about it due to i dont play on the server that much as a used to.
Nobody ever said their life was better without peter the cat.

Berry

I like the weaponizer fine, but I can also see why people have a problem with it. The server is great either way, so do what you want...I just find it hilarious how people still complain about the huntsman and the backburner when there are weapons that are so much more OP with this mod. XDD;
Some dumb kid trying to kid myself that I\'ve got my sh*t together.

Kratos

Quote from: Cold Assassin;4466It's Annoying. I like to use vanilla servers personally (no mods).
server is called "Mods n Fun". It may not be for you, this isn't about mods in generalit is about popular opinion on this one in particular.

--- Update ---

I find it funny that we're putting this on forums whee a majority of the regulars on the server rarely, if ever look, but the announcement is a start. Anyway, I am not surprised with the current results gien the people I've seen post their discontent with the plug in, and the way this matter is bein approached/handled in general.

I have yet to experience lag that I can even remotely contribute to the mod itself, and I myself haven't seen a single weapon in the mod that is so aweful, even if you listed them together, that would warrant this plug in being removed. And even if I had, tere are plenty of op weapons already in the game itself, such that crying about these weapons make me think there are people taking things too seriously.

There are a couple things I'd change but removing the plug in altogether won't fix anything, and if you did a vote n server once a day for a week I would vote in favor of keeping this plug in, and would really miss it if removed.

Cold Assassin

The point I was trying to get across was the original Mario kart servers back in the day didn't have mods. Its about Mario kart not some stupid mods. The thing I hate most about the weaponiser is all the bullshit it puts on the screen with drops and shit, second thing I hate is the OP weapons, and lastly the lag it produces. Then again why are you pointing out my post?

Sent from my ATRIX 4G!

Doctor Who

If I can Vote, I would like to Vote No on Advance Weaponizer.

Raanu

What if I told you potatoe.

CmereSweetHeart

If you lag because of the weaponizer...thats because your computer suck :3

lolsupbroskisiff

I voted for it to be taken off of the server. I've played with it for a  few hours and I honestly dislike it because (for me at least) the models  and such do not load and I don't know which op weapon I'm going up  against. The server had become very laggy for me a month or so ago and  this was the final nail in the coffin to not go to it.

Kratos

Well it certainly doesn't look goodfor the plug in... I still think this shouldn't be done in the forums. This effects people in the server, so it should be brought to the server.