Main Menu

advanced weaponiser / DCU

Started by MegaSuperGeneral, May 10, 2012, 01:05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonMasterNYC

Its good way to see who really wants it, if you really like a server and a plugin like this your going to register on their site to keep or get rid of something, especially if you really care about it that much. The site is advertised on the server all the time, plus you can't get a vote from everyone that goes to the server since all of our users can't pack into a 32 player server. This is more accurate then having it only on the server, since we can count more people in one shot and they have time to vote unlike in the server they can only vote within a small time frame. It is also gives them time to think about it.
God's in his Heaven. All's right with the world.

static2601

The poll is for the purpose of getting others opinions on it, so I can look at the results later and make a decision of what to do. The poll is not set to expire and people can vote whenever.

Kratos

--- Update ---

Quote from: static2601;4513The poll is for the purpose of getting others opinions on it, so I can look at the results later and make a decision of what to do. The poll is not set to expire and people can vote whenever.
.... see if I had known this I wouldn't have spent such along time on this post... i'll just save it for later if needed...

Flapjack

Quote from: static2601;4513The poll is for the purpose of getting others opinions on it, so I can look at the results later and make a decision of what to do. The poll is not set to expire and people can vote whenever.
i like the mod i the only time when i get lag is when 5 people are using a mic at the same goddam time, PLUS STATIC YOU HAVE TO MANY SHEEP IN YOU"RE FARM
Nobody ever said their life was better without peter the cat.

lulks

I am changing my vote. Advanced Weaponiser should not be removed. Sure some weapons are Overpowered, but that doesn't mean you can't change them. A few bad weapons should not spoil the rest.
"Veni, Vidi, Vici"

leviathan

The only weapon i see that makes it lag is the pyro one that shoots oil but i still think it should be removed anyway.
To be truly sane, one must first be insane.

Flapjack

Quote from: lulks;4518i am changing my vote. Advanced weaponiser should not be removed. Sure some weapons are overpowered, but that doesn't mean you can't change them. A few bad weapons should not spoil the rest.
the asian jesus has seen the light! :3

DragonMasterNYC

Quote from: lulks;4518I am changing my vote. Advanced Weaponiser should not be removed. Sure some weapons are Overpowered, but that doesn't mean you can't change them. A few bad weapons should not spoil the rest.
See now if we did this vote on the server you don't have time to change it on the forums you can.

I asked Static to make a post about his original intent on this poll.
God's in his Heaven. All's right with the world.

leviathan

If the oil shooting flamethrower wasn't as bad on my graphics and so the drops are spread so you would get different weapons then i would change my vote.

Doctor Who

!ragequit

leviathan

Well the heavy uber thing only lasts a few seconds and he is forced to use melee i think and with the invisible snipers you just need to pay attention to where the aim dot is and with the american gothic it increases melee damage taken so melee is the best weapon to use against it and on something that has nothing to do with this the huntsman takes skill unless its in the tunnels.

Flapjack

Quote from: Deadpool;4534THIS IS SHIT! This is fucking ridiculos! I hate All the weaponizer weapons! OKAY! Where do i start! Okay! first off! the weapons are not in the game because they are tooo OP! ITS FUCKING RIDICULOUS! I am fucking raging! For example! the heavy can uber himself therefor it is going to almost impossible for most classes alone to defeat him "but it requires 1000 damage" well apparently its not that big of a set back if it happens to me a thousand fucking times. second with the removal of the critz dispenser i am not expecting any fucking mercy of any overpowered piece of shit to come of this mod! third invisible sniper rifle. okay i hear Kratos say its not true invisibility because of sentries and  somthing else. Even though i respect Kratos and his opinion, the though of upgrading any of these weapons is a unholy abomonation.  SNIPERS SHOULDNT BE INVISIBLE! "but it reduces your speed"  *facepalm* your not getting the picture! the not in the game for a reason, because valve thinks they are too OP or just not safe! OKAY! think about this! if the people who made the cuntsman and the backburner think this shit is OP.. this this isnt OP, ITS FUCKING UNHOLY! how about the piece of shit weapon that changes your primary by the pyro! yeah "The American Gothic" thats fucking crazy! if suprise pyros wernt bad enough! THis shit sucks! It sucks so bad it fucks! Just thinking about it makes me want to have a fucking anal evacuation! OVERALL! THIS MOD IS THE UNHOLY FUCKNESS!!!!

--- Update ---

I swear to saxton hale! Remove this mod or may the fucking headless horseman haunt you for a eterinty!

--- Update ---

!ragequit
wow you really need to calm down just because you get killed by the weapons you dislike does'nt mean everything else needs to be removed theres alot of weapons on there that are good and im sure you never tryed them for yourself but for asian jesus will you stop raging like  hannah rages at non friendlys

Silent Muffin

I asked the TF2 Gods what to do. They Said Pootis, and that was all they said. And it was Good.
Caring, Giving, even Delicious ^_^
Be Sure to pick up your VERY OWN Santa Muffin while they\'re on Sale! It makes a GREAT holiday gift for the ones you care about, as well as proves to them that they\'re actually worth something in life! (Seriously, some people have that problem). Hurry Though! As we only have a limited amount, and will only be on sale until Christmas!
ORDER NOW!!!!

rulerit2

I've got a bit of an apathy toward this plugin I suppose. some of the weapons are really cool ideas, although I supposed they could use some improvements. I'll also say that I think some of these weapons are seriously OP. it may not be the case if this were on a normal map, but we have narrow tunnels. all it takes is one jerk with the firkin flamer to spew oil everywhere, and an entire room is suddenly unaccessible. and some weapons just have to many positive sides. My main problem being with the Hell's Bells. not only does it do extra afterburn damage, but it heals part of the damage done. sure, it has a shorter afterburn duration, but it just doesn't seem to matter that much. and while you start with 40% less health, the healing effect actually overheals you. My other two concerns are the two weapons that have a guaranteed kil on the third hit. The Walkaout and the Knifemare. The effects say the third hit will be a crit, but they're a sniper and a knife. crits for them are a headshot and a backstab, both of which are kills on any class within the normal range of health. the knifemare is actually capable of killing a spy using the dead ringer immediately. Add to that the fact that it can just pop you out of your cloak immediately, there's no defense agains tthat unless you're a pyro sitting in a corner ready to airblast him. I'll also side with static, that I dislike schillings not dropping. I also wish the correct models would show up, because it's difficult to tell which weapon someone is using until they use it. and when it's the Chains of Command, or the Demo's explosive shotgun, you don't really have the opportunity to find out from a distance. Like I said though, some of the weapons are really cool ideas, although they all could use some tweaking, and some of them should probably be scrapped. I think if the mod were to be improved to an extent, it'd be more fun for everyone, but in its current state, I can understand the frustration it's causing. and there should definitely be an option to turn it off, because I hate getting all my typed messages interrupted because i found my seventh matador that I'll never use. and honestly, was this mod implemented with the intention of being permanent from the start, or was it added more as a test run to see how things would go? it doesn't really seem like the kind of thing that would be decided on immediately, and this vote just seems like the end of the test, and in my opinion, I'm not entirely sure this mod is quite built to be run on this map.

lulks

You don't hate the weapons, you hate the people who use the weapons cheaply, just like I do.
"Veni, Vidi, Vici"

static2601

I've unofficially removed Weaponiser for all the errors it was causing and the fact it broke sourcemod for the third time. Logs could not be written and sourcemod would not run as its supposed to. So, this poll has nothing to do with why its removed, it was because of the errors. This doesn't mean that it will be removed permanently, but will likely stay off until I feel the need to add it back or the problems are fixed.

From the poll results, it seems the half the people that voted don't want Weaponiser on the server. I now have a better idea about how people feel about it rather then hearing from a few people. I'd like for people to keep voting, as I may re add Weaponiser in the future or even fix it to work to peoples likings.