Main Menu

Some screenshots of Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders mod for Minecraft

Started by lulks, April 15, 2012, 10:53:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lulks

These are just some screenshots of a Minecraft mod called "Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders". This mod makes Minecraft look so much more better. I would recommend downloading the "Ultra No Motion Blur" setting, since the motion blurs do get annoying. Here is the forum: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/940974-125sonic-ethers-unbelievable-shaders-glsl-shaders-dynamic-shadows-more/
Here are the pics:

A jungle biome:

A plain:

Another plain with a big oak tree:

A creeper at night:

My Character w/my dokucraft pack in the shade:

My character again, coming out of the shade:

Again, my character, completely out of the shade:

Plains with my dokucraft pack:

Skeleton:

Doku Creeper
:
"Veni, Vidi, Vici"

Inquisitor Delo

This mod was amazing to look at, but I didnt use it too long.

It kept crashing my Minecraft every minute.
=][= Exitus Acta Probat =][=

lulks

Thats odd inquisitor. Do you have mods installed? You need optifine installed.
"Veni, Vidi, Vici"

Trinity

That looks amazing. I've always had trouble running optifine. I have tried two different versions and I always get lag spikes and then I crash from memory errors.
I don\'t poke the puppy. I poke the poopy.  

DragonMasterNYC

Remember that mod is slightly GPU/CPU intensive so if it can't handle it the game may crash out.

Best thing to do is check your settings.
God's in his Heaven. All's right with the world.

lulks

Everything Dragon said was true. Some computers cannot handle it.

Here are some tweaks (as posted by the author of the mod).
Spoiler: ShowHide
Once the mod is properly installed, you can edit and replace any of the shaders that the game runs in Minecraft.jar/Shaders. Composite.fsh is where the real-time shadows are written and all of the other post-processing effects are written in final.fsh. I recommend editing these files with a program like Notepad++ if you want to make any changes to them. For better performance, you can make any of these adjustments to these shaders.

1. Open composite.fsh in a text editor (Notepad makes it a jumbled mess, I recommend Notepad++ or Word Pad) and change /* SHADOWRES:2048 */ to /* SHADOWRES:1024 */. More information is at the top of composite.fsh

2. Open composite.fsh and disable SSAO by adding "//" to the beginning every line that starts with #define SSAO at the top of the file.

3. Simply run Minecraft at a lower resolution if you want to keep SSAO but are suffering bad performance from it.

4. Disable smooth lighting in Minecraft video settings. There have been reports of large fps improvement when smooth lighting is disabled. To adjust motion blur amount, open final.fsh and edit "#define MOTIONBLUR_AMOUNT 2.5". Some people may prefer less motion blur. To disable motion blur, add "//" to the beginning of all lines that start with "#define MOTIONBLUR..." You can also enable some disabled shaders if you'd wish, although they're not configured to look proper with the settings I have created so you'll have to tweak them yourself.

--- Update ---

Also, I am using the standard version of optifine. I have not tried the mod with the smooth version, although I have heard it is the best option for this mod.
"Veni, Vidi, Vici"

DragonMasterNYC

Quote from: lulks;4371Also, I am using the standard version of optifine. I have not tried the mod with the smooth version, although I have heard it is the best option for this mod.
You really should try it.
God's in his Heaven. All's right with the world.