Main Menu

Site updates and new features.

Started by DragonMasterNYC, March 15, 2012, 01:43:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonMasterNYC

Since yesterday I've been updating the different sections of the site. As well as adding a few new features to making posts with YouTube easier and a little bit of eye candy to make the forum layout a little better.

For starters you will notice that it shows my country flag and gender in my post now. If you go to Settings > Edit Profile you will see new drop down menus for your Gender and Country Flag. (Flag icons may change in the future.)

People who have not chosen an avatar now have a default one to fill in the void in your post, visitor messages, profile pages, and any other location that shows your avatar.

I've added a Spoiler code to the forums, so if you want to hide text, images, or videos you can now. When making a new post or thread in the advanced editor just click the icon and insert what you want inside the tags.

Last, but not least, if you post a YouTube video link in a post without the Video tags it will automatically fix it for you once you hit the submit button.

Now if anyone finds a bug or runs into a problem feel free to post it here or in the help section.

Also on a side note the Minecraft RPG server no longer uses Spout, but since the server can't be updated yet you might want to keep using SpoutCraft since it still uses the older version of Minecraft.

Happy Gaming,
UA Staff
God's in his Heaven. All's right with the world.

lulks

So, the rpg server doesn't use spout anymore eh? So, can smp mods be requested now? If so, http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/364525-123-equivalent-exchange-2-v1403-smp/

--- Update ---

Oh, by the way, happy birthday!
"Veni, Vidi, Vici"

DragonMasterNYC

Well it still uses Bukkit for the plugins, now I can add SMP mods, but I'm trying to hold off on that for now. Once the Minecraft API comes out I will be adding mods to the server since it will be much easier for everyone to mod their games. Jens said in an interview there will be a central repository for mods that people can download form, plus no need to open the minecraft.jar.

Main things I would like to add are Better then Wolves, Buildcraft, Industrial craft, MiniMap, Power Craft Factory, Redstone Power, and the Zipline mod. If the Bukkit team include Multiworld support I will add another world that will generate everything, since I promised everyone I wouldn't delete the RPG world anymore.

Your early, but thank you.

lulks

No prob. Industrialcraft and redpower are great. Never tried the zipline and the powercraft factory before. I had buildcraft, but I could not understand it. If you do add redpower and industrial craft together, you should make sure to disable the generation of one of the mods' copper and tin. It gets annoying to have different stacks of those ores.
"Veni, Vidi, Vici"

DragonMasterNYC

Quote from: lulks;3751No prob. Industrialcraft and redpower are great. Never tried the zipline and the powercraft factory before. I had buildcraft, but I could not understand it. If you do add redpower and industrial craft together, you should make sure to disable the generation of one of the mods' copper and tin. It gets annoying to have different stacks of those ores.
Well once the mod API comes out they might just share the ID and textures, so there might not be a need to disable them.

I was testing the Buildcraft beta last night, but I had to also show Static what it was since he really doesn't mod the game. I would mostly use it to get supplies form 1 town to another, along the rail lines. Speaking of which I forgot another great mod, Railcraft.

Cold Assassin

Sounds good dragon! Keep up the good work!