Main Menu

Minecraft servers have been updated to 1.1.

Started by DragonMasterNYC, February 02, 2012, 02:21:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonMasterNYC

We have just updated the RPG and Build server to Minecraft 1.1, so if Spoutcraft asks you to update today you can click yes.

It now snows right next to Central City, so don't be surprised to find snow on the ground.

Here's a small reminder of what was done in Minecraft 1.1

Quote from: Minecraft Wiki
  • Bows are now enchantable, with four new enchantments specific to bows: Power, Punch, Infinity, and Flame.
  • Arrows which are on fire now set entities they hit on fire.
  • Golden Apple recipe changed to use gold nuggets instead of gold blocks.
    • Golden Apples now restore rather than and cause regeneration for 5 seconds rather than 30.
  • 56 new language translations, including fictional ones such as Pirate, Klingon, and Quenya.
  • Infrastructure for improved mob AI added, allowing for more  complicated behavior than before. These behaviors themselves have not  been implemented yet.
  • Slightly smoothed color transitions between biomes.
    • Swamp land and water colors now smoothly transition to other biomes.

• Re-added beaches.
  • Taiga biomes now contain snow and ice.
  • Decreased randomness of enchantment levels at Enchantment Tables.
  • Biomes are slightly more varied, with differing elevations of land in previously flatter biomes.
  • Reduced brewing time to 20 seconds from 30.
  • Added Spawn Eggs to creative mode.
  • Added a world type option (available types: Superflat and Default).
  • Removed collision box from Ladders.
  • Sheep eat Grass (converting it to Dirt) and Tall Grass to regain their Wool.
    • Sheep only drop 1-3 wool per shearing.

• The collision box on Fence Gates now matches that of Fences instead of being square.
  • Fence Gates can now be opened and closed with Redstone.
  • Oak (default tree) Leaves now have a 1/200 chance of dropping Red Apples.
  • Blacksmith buildings in NPC Villages now hold chests with loot of the same type as Strongholds.
  • Void fog removed in creative mode.
  • Melons and Pumpkins can now grow on Dirt, instead of only on Farmland.
  • New settings in Server.properties:
    • level-type
    • spawn-npcs
    • generate-structures

• Magma Cubes can now drop Magma Cream on death.
  • In SMP servers, non-ops are kicked if they spam in chat too  much (Ops are not notified of the kick, they must assume that the player  was auto-kicked)
  • The distance that Wheat attracts friendly mobs has increased from 2-3 blocks to 8-9 blocks.
  • All Music discs except for "11" can be dropped from creepers killed by skeletons.

Sorry for the wait
UA Staff
God's in his Heaven. All's right with the world.

humancatpost

Can't wait till 1.2, gonna post cat guards around the kingdom to keep creepers out.  I love how creepers are scared of felines!
There\'s a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life.

Flapjack

Quote from: humancatpost;3347Can't wait till 1.2, gonna post cat guards around the kingdom to keep creepers out.  I love how creepers are scared of felines!
i wonder how you could tame cats in 1.2. maybe with fish?
Nobody ever said their life was better without peter the cat.

humancatpost

Quote from: Flapjack;3351i wonder how you could tame cats in 1.2. maybe with fish?

Yes, with fish
There\'s a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life.

DragonMasterNYC

We kinda need to get the jungle in there before that happens which mean we have to wait for a plugin to load jungle in the world. It's only becuase Jeb said they wouldn't load in old worlds.

Flapjack

Quote from: humancatpost;3352Yes, with fish
cooked fish?

lulks

"Veni, Vidi, Vici"

Flapjack

Quote from: lulks;3361I think its raw fish Flap.
why not both?

humancatpost

Flapjack

DragonMasterNYC

Quote from: Flapjack;3418what else is in 1.2. besides cats?
Jungles and that is the only place they can spawn, also they scare the shit out of creepers. Jungle trees add a new sapling, wood and leaves to the game. Villagers and other mobs have a better AI system, villagers will go in search of a house at night. lava will have a sound to it as well as giving a popping sound off when a ember comes out of it. I'm sure there's more that I forgot but you can always go the to Minecraft Wiki to find full information on the weekly builds.

lastly we may have to wait for jungles since I will require a plugin to add it to the current world.

humancatpost

Zombies now break down doors (hard difficulty), attack villagers, and drop iron loot rarely.  Skeletons can drop bows (rarely), and pigmen drop gold stuff (RARELY).  And cats purr and meow.

DragonMasterNYC

Quote from: humancatpost;3462Zombies now break down doors (hard difficulty), attack villagers, and drop iron loot rarely.  Skeletons can drop bows (rarely), and pigmen drop gold stuff (RARELY).  And cats purr and meow.
That's right, funny part is if the sun is up zombies run to the nearest door.