Main Menu

Just 2 annoying things tf2 mariokart server

Started by Poke yo face, October 09, 2012, 01:30:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poke yo face

1. Teams being unbalanced i.e. Blu 10 Red 13.
2. The amount of afk people i see on the server.

Anyone else agree?

DamonRageDevil

yep
There is an autobalance sometimes. And a 5 min afk manager would help alot
Still Norwegian, still...err...something that rhymes with Norwegian.

leviathan

The only small problem i think there is just the afk people being there, And usually the balance is fixed after a short time.
To be truly sane, one must first be insane.

DragonMasterNYC

It's mostly the AFK players that affect balance. I remember when I used to sit in there the blue team would have a bunch of guys just AFK sitting in the base, or I would be playing and most of my team is AFK.
God's in his Heaven. All's right with the world.

Tama

We do need an AFK kicker. Whenever I see someone idle I kick them and it gets annoying after a while

Silent Muffin

People apparently get the idea that just because it's a Mario Kart map, it's okay to idle.... Gotta admit, it is good for charging up Ubers and leveling up S. Medi-guns. xD
Caring, Giving, even Delicious ^_^
Be Sure to pick up your VERY OWN Santa Muffin while they\'re on Sale! It makes a GREAT holiday gift for the ones you care about, as well as proves to them that they\'re actually worth something in life! (Seriously, some people have that problem). Hurry Though! As we only have a limited amount, and will only be on sale until Christmas!
ORDER NOW!!!!

static2601

Quote from: Silent Muffin;6584People apparently get the idea that just because it's a Mario Kart map, it's okay to idle.... Gotta admit, it is good for charging up Ubers and leveling up S. Medi-guns. xD
Well it is in the rules that it's ok to idle. But maybe I can make it balance AFK players so each team has the same number of idlers. Also team balance, a difference of 3 is better then 2 because of auto balance running and you constantly get balanced. Believe me you don't want that.

Soda

About the AFK kicker...
Everytime I get up to quickly do something and I'm AFK for about 2-3 mins I get kicked, and some guy that's been AFK for at least an hour is still there.
Whoever snuck SCP-504 into the cafeteria kitchen is getting terminated. Those tomato slices are like fucking shuriken. - Dr. Blast

static2601

I don't think its that short, I think its 10 minutes but ill have to check first. The kicker kicks people that are idle, at random. It needs to check to see who's been on the longest, highest score, has building built or not, has friends on that team, and whatever. there was a plugin to do this but it was removed due to it not working. So I may edit the afk kicker to check for some of these things. It can be done and ill start looking into it some more.

Dark

I notice the teams become stacked when one team gets a successful engie nest running in a place that's nearly impossible to flank.
I say just prevent people from joining a team when the ratio of players is 2:1.