Main Menu

Fireworks and Enchanted books in Minecraft. 1.4.6

Started by DragonMasterNYC, December 07, 2012, 05:26:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonMasterNYC

Even though they said there wouldn't be a snapshot this week a new one has been released. Now you have the chance to make fireworks without any mods. You can check out the effects by going here: http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Firework_Rocket. For now there's no sound for the fireworks but they look good. You can not only change the effects you can have multiple colors and change the timing on the rocket before it goes off in the air. Since this is apart of the Redstone update I'm wondering if we will get launchers blocks we can hook up to Redstone circuits and make shows out of them.  

No that's not the only thing in the snapshot but we also have Enchanted books so you can easily enchant your items with an anvil. Now they can be found rarely in dungeons sometimes even unobtainable enchantments, but you can always make them by throwing them on an enchantment table.

On a final note Nether Brick slabs have been added in for people to use, I just wish they would add a way to make Nether brick.

You can get this weeks snapshot here: http://assets.minecraft.net/12w49a/minecraft.jar.
God's in his Heaven. All's right with the world.

lulks

"Veni, Vidi, Vici"

Soda

Agree with the Nether Brick slabs. Looking forward to the fireworks.
Whoever snuck SCP-504 into the cafeteria kitchen is getting terminated. Those tomato slices are like fucking shuriken. - Dr. Blast

DragonMasterNYC

All I'm saying is this is gonna be one great update, I've been waiting a long time for some more Redstone fun.

I also found out I could just launch them form dispensers as well, great for firework shows.

lulks

Sweet! I have seen a fireworks mod from the past, but it hasn't been updated for a while.
"Veni, Vidi, Vici"

DragonMasterNYC

Quote from: lulks;7432Sweet! I have seen a fireworks mod from the past, but it hasn't been updated for a while.
A lot of what has been added to Minecraft after 1.0 has been in some type of mod. (Item frames, Ender Chest, Upside-down stairs and slabs, pots, anvils...)

lulks

That is true. I never thought about it that way.
"Veni, Vidi, Vici"

DragonMasterNYC

So far I'm looking at 1.0+ as a much needed mod addition to the vanilla game.

Trinity

With all the awesome stuff that has been added I'm perplexed by the people who complain after each update.
I don\'t poke the puppy. I poke the poopy.  

DragonMasterNYC

What I don't get is why when the mods the majority of people wanted in the game they get mad. Also if they really were following Minecraft, they should have known that the game would change since they said they would keep updating past 1.0. They must have though it was only bug fixes and not the game changing updates that Minecraft has always had.

lulks

I think it is mainly the number of changes being implemented in a timespan, not the mods itself.
"Veni, Vidi, Vici"

Chipawok

Not to change topics or anything, but you should rename this topic. The fireworks, as well as many of the other items that were in this snapshot are acutally coming out as the 1.4.6 update, otherwise known as the holiday update. Mojang doesnt want anyone spending their New years without some nice fireworks xD Front page minecraft forums ftw
I still sign because of Peer Pressure...

Bighead2496

DragonMasterNYC

Chipawok

Wasn't a mandatory thing to do, (really I was just joking and informing people that it was coming out as 1.4.6 at the same time) but appreciated nonetheless, Dragon. Many thanks xD
I still sign because of Peer Pressure...

DragonMasterNYC

I knew it was 1.4.6 after it was announced I just never changed it.