Main Menu

Map Ideas

Started by Tama, August 27, 2011, 05:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tama

Static told me to make a thread of map ideas I had so here are a couple I had.

1. Multiple spawns- As much as I enjoy Toxic spawn camping a lot of players don't like it. Making an alternate spawn location that you sometimes spawn at but warps to the main map when you leave it would be a good ide
a.

2. The Creeper picture near the Red base teleport to the Minecraft room- This was in the Space map and it would be nice to have it on the Earth map as well.

static2601

One of the great things with toxic is running up to the other team's spawn and mass killing everyone in there. I don't really like the idea of making multiple spawns so people can avoid this. I can see how it can be annoying, but it only last for 45 seconds. Ill have to see what others think about it before deciding what to do on this. And as for the stuff thats in the space map, everything will be moved to this one, i just have to update it. The second entrance to minecraft, certain switches for the admin room and others will be added to the Earth map. i also have plans for expanding the underground a bit and adding water down there too. Also planning on reskinning the minecraft room to match our Minecraft sever's texture pack.

RockCambo

I think that you should readd the spawn protection so people could stop complaining about the toxic camping (well, if they had the brains to head to one of the teleporters before protection wears off). I also had an idea for rtd, revolving around engie. Is it possible to make an effect of infinite metal for 45 seconds? If so I would like it implemented.

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils, because it prolongs the torment of man." -Friedrich Nietzsche

DragonMasterNYC

Ya we really should have that spawn protection, even if it's for 5 seconds.
God's in his Heaven. All's right with the world.

static2601

I will re add it for 3 seconds.

--- Update ---

I have re added spawn protection for 3 seconds.

RockCambo

Good to know, thanks Static. And if you're going to add the extra Minecraft entrance in the sky like in the Space map to the regular map, make the ground unbuildable to stop a team from hiding inside it for a good few hours. That is all.

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils, because it prolongs the torment of man." -Friedrich Nietzsche

static2601

I am currently updating the map and have already transferred what was in the space map like the teleport to the top piece of land in Minecraft and made it lockable. This is your last chance if you like to see your idea in the next map. This will only be a small update. I will add a changelog after uploading it.

Tama

Maybe add some music like we did that one time with Block Party.

RockCambo

I thought Static said he was figuring that out?

static2601

Well, the whole thing with adding music doesn't seem to work in the map for some reason. Ive been trying to add it but with no luck getting it to play. I've discovered that with the Quake sounds plugin, that when the files are added to the server and the fast download, players download it once and don't have to again and they work fine. But when i install the sounds the same way, they don't work. Maybe its the format or quality. Ive noticed that Quake sounds contain both mp3 and wav files. That tells me that both formats work. I think that the plugin requests that the client download the files and provides it to them. But, in this case, the map is doing the same thing and should request the files be downloaded in order to play. I'll keep looking for ways to get this to work.

DragonMasterNYC

Well mp3s are smaller, so if you can get them to work it would be better.

If find an up to date plugin to handle this you may have a better chance of getting it to work.

Bighead2496

Maybe you could add something of value to the blues side of the tunnles. and a sewer underneath the tunnles and its full of water. that way you can sneak attack in the tunnles.

static2601

I like the idea of that. How would you lay that out, could you make a drawing or something? i could connect it to the underground somewhere. I'm expanding it in the following updates.

Bighead2496

i could make a minecraft scale sort of thing im not the best artist.
And i was also thinking you could use the sewer tunnle think to connect to the middle building.
ill have a map layout and basic design for you no later than next weekend. it would be sooner but school starts up tomorrow.

static2601

OK no rush i may not have time to work on it til Friday anyways. And the pictures don't have to be that good, just to give me an idea.

Bighead2496

Tama

Maybe have the option to enable/disable the barrier under the bases in the Admin room.

DragonMasterNYC

Quote from: NinnyChan;261Maybe have the option to enable/disable the barrier under the bases in the Admin room.
We can rebuild them right now, but I'm not sure how much more he can add to the map without making problems in hammer.

Tama

Quote from: DragonMasterNYC;263We can rebuild them right now, but I'm not sure how much more he can add to the map without making problems in hammer.
True. Just removing all together then would be nice then. The barrier I mean.

Bighead2496

And you might want to move the enterance to the secert cloud at the very top.Cause someone... and im not gonna name any names *Cough* levithan *cough* just told like 50 people where it is and i know you didnt want people knowing about it.

static2601

Quote from: Bighead2496;284And you might want to move the enterance to the secert cloud at the very top.Cause someone... and im not gonna name any names *Cough* levithan *cough* just told like 50 people where it is and i know you didnt want people knowing about it.
It's not really a secret, I just wanted to see people run around looking for it. I new that as soon as someone found it, everyone would know soon after.

--- Update ---

Quote from: NinnyChan;265True. Just removing all together then would be nice then. The barrier I mean.
I've added the list of commands to remove those barriers, to the server cfg, so no need to execute them.

Soda

You should make a portal to a giant pool that strips you of all weapons except melee (I know this is possible I went to a server that had that PM me for IP) and a ball that you can't pass through. Also RED and BLU goals with a score counter (I went to another server that had all these pm me for IP). I know this would be popular because everyone was playing TF2 soccer when Static activated party mode and a ball spawned. The only thing that was not good was that you can pass through the ball, do a lot of people were being beat with Sandmans.
Whoever snuck SCP-504 into the cafeteria kitchen is getting terminated. Those tomato slices are like fucking shuriken. - Dr. Blast

DragonMasterNYC

Quote from: Soda;332You should make a portal to a giant pool that strips you of all weapons except melee
We have been trying to find or make a plugin to help us do this with without affecting the whole server.

Soda

Quote from: DragonMasterNYC;335We have been trying to find or make a plugin to help us do this with without affecting the whole server.
Well, there is one where you can strip attributes of weapons, but not erase them entirely. I'll PM you the IP to the server that has that.
Whoever snuck SCP-504 into the cafeteria kitchen is getting terminated. Those tomato slices are like fucking shuriken. - Dr. Blast

static2601

You know, if you go to a server and you want to see what plugins their using, just type sm plugins in console.