Main Menu

YouTube Video Suggestions

Started by humancatpost, October 17, 2011, 07:26:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

humancatpost

Hey people,

I just realized that I kinda want to do something with my YouTube channel, take it a new direction, a revamp of sorts.  So I need some ideas of some sort of new content to post!  Right now Its just a few gameplay clips from TF2, Minecraft, etc, so I kinda want to do something new and cool.  Any suggestions?  Make sure it's something you yourself would watch!  You can also check out my channel by clicking on the following emoticon.  :/

Regards,
Humancatpost
There\'s a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life.

Turboplant

If you already have some experience taking video, maybe try frag videos? Minecraft timelapse? I DUNNO.

Chipawok

I've had an idea that i would like to see done that no one else has done before. Why not download an adventure map, but instead of just recording yourself playing through it, us the story-line as a form of script. Get a small group of people who you work well with on a small server and act out the adventure map. I would love to see someone do this, and will definetly tune in to your chanel to watch.
I still sign because of Peer Pressure...

Turboplant

Quote from: Chipawok;1583I've had an idea that i would like to see done that no one else has done before. Why not download an adventure map, but instead of just recording yourself playing through it, us the story-line as a form of script. Get a small group of people who you work well with on a small server and act out the adventure map. I would love to see someone do this, and will definetly tune in to your chanel to watch.
That sounds exactly like Yogscast. :/

humancatpost

Quote from: Turboplant;1584That sounds exactly like Yogscast. :/

Helloooo!  My name is Professor Griswaaaaaaald!
There\'s a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life.

Bighead2496

Quote from: Turboplant;1584That sounds exactly like Yogscast. :/
its the same but different me and chip were talking about this. and yes it is sort of like the yogscast. but he means use already existing map. ones we didnt make and turn it into a story with actors

Chipawok

that and the yogscast dont use script, or anything other than a simple thought up story before they just end up winging everything in there episode. I do love the yogscast and shadow of israphel, but  my idea involves a higher level of proffesionality and preemtive thought before throwing together a video

humancatpost

Well, if you have a mic and want to help out, feel free.

DragonMasterNYC

Quote from: humancatpost;1588Well, if you have a mic and want to help out, feel free.
You know you can count me in, I can make a story out of anything.
God's in his Heaven. All's right with the world.

humancatpost

We have a server, we have writers, and we have actors!  That was easy!

Chipawok

Glad i could help get you started.

Bighead2496

DragonMasterNYC

Quote from: humancatpost;1594We have a server, we have writers, and we have actors!  That was easy!
I've always said you can count on the community to help out on anything.

You know we do need to move to a new location after the release of Minecraft, maybe we can all go on an adventure to find a new home for our people.

humancatpost

Quote from: DragonMasterNYC;1598I've always said you can count on the community to help out on anything.

You know we do need to move to a new location after the release of Minecraft, maybe we can all go on an adventure to find a new home for our people.

Son, I like the way you think.

Bighead2496

Quote from: humancatpost;1599Son, I like the way you think.
and maybe we could have one or two people to be the bad guys. and one of the things you are looking for are a npc village

Inquisitor Delo

Quote from: Bighead2496;1600and maybe we could have one or two people to be the bad guys.

I wouldnt mind being an antagonist.
=][= Exitus Acta Probat =][=

humancatpost

Quote from: Inquisitor Delo;1601I wouldnt mind being an antagonist.

Is someone writing this down?

Chipawok

Dont worry, im working on a script as we speak, As i said, Ive had this idea for a bit, so i already have a bit of story in mind, and with more peoples feed back we can have a fantastic series. We just need to know all who is going to take part in the actual recording, so we can get a script and basic story-line going for all members.

Bighead2496

all i request is one diggy diggy hole reference

DragonMasterNYC

Quote from: Bighead2496;1609all i request is one diggy diggy hole reference
Well we most likely are gonna need to diggy diggy hole before we get to our new location, since it might be that far.

How about this for a simple idea you can tie into the story. It's high noon in Spawner Ville (Haven't named our town yet.) and our explorers come back with news of a new town in a far land. (Will need to insert something like past the desert or mountains once I load more of the world in November.) Human, me and a few others start to stock up on supplies before night falls. After a good nights rest we load up our backpacks and meet at the towns gates. With weapons in hand we start our adventure into the unknown....

humancatpost

Well, we will need to start this after the 18th.  Considering we are going to a new land, we will need a few players other than us to go out a few thousand blocks to build this land.  We won't see it until the episode where we arrive, but the people who built it will also play the role of the explorers who found the city.  Also, we need a plot twist.  Possibly town in ruins when we arrive?

DragonMasterNYC

Quote from: humancatpost;1615Well, we will need to start this after the 18th.  Considering we are going to a new land, we will need a few players other than us to go out a few thousand blocks to build this land.  We won't see it until the episode where we arrive, but the people who built it will also play the role of the explorers who found the city.  Also, we need a plot twist.  Possibly town in ruins when we arrive?
The town should be overgrown with vines and trees. At best we should build it over the a Stonghold, but it seems we won't be able to get to the End since some players have generated our Strongholds already. If I could force a new Stonghold to be generated that would be great for this.

We should have a crew of at least 6 guys.

I've been looking at a map of what out seed looks like in 1.9 and there are a lot of mountains to the north of the town past the Hotel and desert. Hopefully they will generate, wouldn't want to restart the world again.

Bighead2496

Quote from: DragonMasterNYC;1611Well we most likely are gonna need to diggy diggy hole before we get to our new location, since it might be that far.How about this for a simple idea you can tie into the story. It's high noon in Spawner Ville (Haven't named our town yet.) and our explorers come back with news of a new town in a far land. (Will need to insert something like past the desert or mountains once I load more of the world in November.) Human, me and a few others start to stock up on supplies before night falls. After a good nights rest we load up our backpacks and meet at the towns gates. With weapons in hand we start our adventure into the unknown....
i shall ready the tnt traps !!!!!!

DragonMasterNYC

Quote from: Bighead2496;1617i shall ready the tnt traps !!!!!!
Make one and watch what happens.

humancatpost

I don't know, we may need to turn off the creeper/TNT nerfs for all of this; possibly even scavenger.  I think it would be more interesting without handicaps.