Main Menu

Minecraft 1.9 Pre-relase 2 is now live.

Started by DragonMasterNYC, September 29, 2011, 10:28:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonMasterNYC

The next release of the 1.9 beta is now live and ready for downloading.

Link

New features:

• Nine new music discs (11 in total, one "broken")
  • Blaze powder
  • Magma cream
  • Glass bottle
  • Spider eye (dropped by spiders) and fermented spider eye
  • Game mechanics
  • Hardcore mode: game over when you die, hearts have new icons
  • Golden apple now has a shining animation
  • Pressure plates on top of fence posts now make sound when you walk on them or next to them
  • Villagers has no names (No more TESTIFICATE)
  • Holding the spacebar allows you to jump continuously again
  • The enderman pearls now teleports you when thrown
  • Endermen teleport to dodge arrows. Endermen teleport out of water when they touch it. Endermen teleport a lot more
  • Item repair! Put two damaged items in the crafting grid (arrangement doesn't seem to matter)
  • F5 view cycling
  • Fences now attach to adjacent blocks, has an interesting outcome when used certain ways
  • Pumpkins can be “crafted” into 4 Pumpkin Seeds
  • Zombie Pigmen now randomly drop rotten flesh or gold bits instead of everytime
  • F8 cinematic mode is back
  • Animal breeding:
  • Feed passive mobs wheat to make them breed with each other
  • Passive mobs follow you when wheat is selected
Video of potions:
[video=youtube;2E5fY4sdpps]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2E5fY4sdpps[/video]

Happy Crafting,
UA Staff
God's in his Heaven. All's right with the world.

Soda

Whoever snuck SCP-504 into the cafeteria kitchen is getting terminated. Those tomato slices are like fucking shuriken. - Dr. Blast

humancatpost

I'm guessing the cream, powder, and the eye will have something to do with the potions feature
There\'s a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life.

DragonMasterNYC

Quote from: humancatpost;1190I'm guessing the cream, powder, and the eye will have something to do with the potions feature
Yes it will and the cream is crafted with a slime ball and blazed powder form what I've heard.

Notch also stated that there will be 2 more major additions to the game before it's code locked mid October for the final build in November. I hope this means bosses and Aether, could also be mod API.

Turboplant

Quote from: DragonMasterNYC;1204Yes it will and the cream is crafted with a slime ball and blazed powder form what I've heard.

Notch also stated that there will be 2 more major additions to the game before it's code locked mid October for the final build in November. I hope this means bosses and Aether, could also be mod API.

I think Notch and Jeb_ wanted to use that time to get some bug-crunching done, at least that's what the Twitter feeds seem to suggest.

DragonMasterNYC

Quote from: Turboplant;1214I think Notch and Jeb_ wanted to use that time to get some bug-crunching done, at least that's what the Twitter feeds seem to suggest.
Yup 1 month to do garbage collection and polishing. Just the past few updates were great. I  can't wait for the final relase and the need to no longer refresh the worlds. I think they need to add code to the game to convert old worlds to new ones based on what chucks that were edited. The funny part is someone made a plugin like this a wile ago.

humancatpost

There\'s a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life.

DragonMasterNYC

Quote from: humancatpost;1225Time to buy my ticket to minecon.
Go for it your the closest, and get a cape if you go. Just take lots of pictures and a video or 2.

I added a video of the potion at work in the first post.

Looks like we got some new images for upcoming features:

Enchantment Table

Brewing Stand(Will replace cauldron.)

Turboplant

Quote from: DragonMasterNYC;1234Go for it your the closest, and get a cape if you go. Just take lots of pictures and a video or 2.

I added a video of the potion at work in the first post.

Looks like we got some new images for upcoming features:

Enchantment Table

Brewing Stand(Will replace cauldron.)
Not sure how I feel about the brewing stand...

--- Update ---

Oh, I noticed you condensed the topic thread. Saving space~

--- Update ---

Oh wait, I am mistaken, I could've sworn this was the 1.9pre1 thread...

Tama

How do I make mine this version? I try and do stuff but mine stays 1.8 ._.

Turboplant

Quote from: NinnyChan;1264How do I make mine this version? I try and do stuff but mine stays 1.8 ._.
You need to install it to the ".minecraft" folder in
Users > (You) > AppData (this folder may be hidden) > Roaming > .minecraft > bin
Copy the minecraft.jar that's in there, save it somewhere, then replace it with the new 1.9pre2 .jar

--- Update ---

once the game patches up for real, change it back to the old .jar file

--- Update ---

Jeb Tweets:
QuoteIn the prerelease, there are 161 brewable unique potions. Unless we change it, there will be 2,653 with all ingredients added.
Also adding:
QuoteThe wiki has already found the basic "clean" potions that don't require a lot of work:

I am just going to waste all of my slimeballs and sugar on this shit.

DragonMasterNYC

Quote from: Turboplant;1265I am just going to waste all of my slimeballs and sugar on this shit.
I hope this means more slime spawns

Turboplant

Quote from: DragonMasterNYC;1269I hope this mean more slime spawns
Okay, despite the "rarity" of slimes, we encounter a FUCKTON in our Hamachi server, they are actually a nuisance because they keep clipping with the low ceilings.

DragonMasterNYC

Quote from: Turboplant;1270Okay, despite the "rarity" of slimes, we encounter a FUCKTON in our Hamachi server, they are actually a nuisance because they keep clipping with the low ceilings.
So your guys don't like to pay for Minecraft.

That server may be running mods to spawn them more for pistons.

Turboplant

Quote from: DragonMasterNYC;1276So your guys don't like to pay for Minecraft.

That server may be running mods to spawn them more for pistons.

Excuse you? I am an Alpha tester for Minecraft, I payed my dues. We play on a Hamachi network because we have not yet set up a server. I pay for good games!

--- Update ---

Also, to clarify, our server does not use our plugins to reduce or increase the likelihood of particular enemies to spawn.

--- Update ---

DragonMasterNYC

Quote from: Turboplant;1277Excuse you? I am an Alpha tester for Minecraft, I payed my dues. We play on a Hamachi network because we have not yet set up a server. I pay for good games!
Well excuse me for being on the same boat and not seeing you, but it's an odd way to play on an online server with a slow connection.

In any event if you would like we may have extra space on the server. Ask Assassin for pricing information.