Main Menu

What should happen with this server?

Started by static2601, January 20, 2014, 07:38:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

static2601

Ok, so the Minecraft server has been out of date now for, I don't even know, and bukkit has yet to put out a stable release of the mod. Id like to update to the latest version of Minecraft, but that would mean that the plugins wouldnt work and some important ones like lockette everyone uses to lock up their stuff in chests, private doors and whatever. I been trying to figure out what to do with the server. I havent seen anyone in it in quite a while and the whole thing is going to waste, please give me some ideas on what you think I should do. I could back up the world and update it, maybe even make a temporary world while we wait for bukkit or even a new mod. Then restore it back to how it was. Let me know, thanks.

Chipawok

Hey guys, first and foremost, sorry for being so dead lately... anyway, so personally i kinda missed out on this last world update since i didn't have a computer to play on for like a year... I would love a new server if people played on it... I think that at this point, bukkit is basically dead. If we were to make a new with stuff on it, we would have to move away from bukkit. again, personally i feel that most people dont really bother with minecraft anyway. I haven't been able to bring myself to play unless it was with friends or on a server, and the ua minecraft server was my life for the majority of 2011 and 2012... If some of the old group of regulars we use to have were to come back, or if the server is just going to continue to be pretty much vacant, I feel just make a temp world, or simply update vanilla. Since there isnt anyone there what could there be to grief? If people did come back, then we can trust them and we can still be free from grief. I would use it simply as a single player world in that case xD

Oh also, does anyone have a download for the last world? I wanted to save a few things from that world, or at least keep it around as a memory piece, like i said that server was  my life for quite some time... id like to keep it handy ^^
I still sign because of Peer Pressure...

static2601

Coldassassin may have the old world files, that were thought to be lost. Youd have to talk to him about it. Id like to check it out myself, really. I dont know how many poeple would play on the server if it was updated to the current version, without bukkit, but I know that there are some people have been waiting for it to update. Id like to just update it but then peoples privated stuff could be stolen. I may just run a new mod, something better for now, but like to know what other think about it first.