Main Menu

Lockdown!

Started by Turboplant, September 15, 2011, 11:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turboplant

Lockdown is Spiral Knights' newest sub-game, it introduces a brutal PvP mode where players take their own equipment into a very TF2-esque battle.

there are 3 classes to play as Guardian (Shield + Health Regen), Recon (Spy!), and Striker (Demoknight and Scout had a baby.)

I know not many of you here play it, but running around at three times the regular walk speed sure is fun! :D

DragonMasterNYC

Looks like an interesting add-on to what they have so far for the game. I don't even remember what level my equipment is, been a month or two since I've played it.
God's in his Heaven. All's right with the world.

Turboplant

Quote from: DragonMasterNYC;789Looks like an interesting add-on to what they have so far for the game. I don't even remember what level my equipment is, been a month or two since I've played it.
It's super easy to get the good armors for Tier 2, the market is saturated with them.

DragonMasterNYC

Quote from: Turboplant;798It's super easy to get the good armors for Tier 2, the market is saturated with them.
I don't use the market not enough $$ to buy anything. I know I'm past Tier 2 since I've gone below the 8th level. I'm just not sure what I have right now.

Turboplant

Quote from: DragonMasterNYC;813I don't use the market not enough $$ to buy anything. I know I'm past Tier 2 since I've gone below the 8th level. I'm just not sure what I have right now.
Well I'd love to play with/against you but there are not enough active users in my guild to pull a full party together.

DragonMasterNYC

Quote from: Turboplant;836Well I'd love to play with/against you but there are not enough active users in my guild to pull a full party together.
I hate the fact I need to buy into the game to start a clan. I just use my alloted 100 energy each day when I feel like doing some smashing and grabbing.

Turboplant

Quote from: DragonMasterNYC;870I hate the fact I need to buy into the game to start a clan. I just use my alloted 100 energy each day when I feel like doing some smashing and grabbing.
Oh, there are ways to circumvent that, I've made a ton of money and Crystal Energy without paying a single Penny.

DragonMasterNYC

Quote from: Turboplant;886Oh, there are ways to circumvent that, I've made a ton of money and Crystal Energy without paying a single Penny.
Ya I haven't seen a way to get extra energy yet. Then again I stopped looking after the first week or so after I started playing since I didn't really run into anything useful.

Bighead2496

how do you play a game of it?

Turboplant

Quote from: DragonMasterNYC;895Ya I haven't seen a way to get extra energy yet. Then again I stopped looking after the first week or so after I started playing since I didn't really run into anything useful.

Quote from: Spiral Knights WikiYou can visit the coliseum by clicking on the crossed swords icon on the  HUD. All Coliseum events have a crown entry fee. A portion of the fees  are used as rewards for the winners of each match.

I can't explain it any better than this.

DragonMasterNYC

That part of the wiki wasn't out when I got this game, plus I'm not about to go and fight in the coliseum. I'll take may chances trying to get down to the next tier in the clockworks.

After last night I'm gonna need to change my mouse and keyboard layout, that is unless I can configure my ps2 controller.

Flapjack

Nobody ever said their life was better without peter the cat.

Turboplant

Quote from: Flapjack;1061i like the recon
Oh? What weapon combination do you use?

Flapjack

cutter.autogun but im thinking of buying a new gun
Nobody ever said their life was better without peter the cat.

Turboplant

Quote from: Flapjack;1136cutter.autogun but im thinking of buying a new gun
Yeah, Autogun is pretty awful against intelligent foes, consider a Blaster lineage or even Alchemer. Recons are really good with bombs, too. Consider dropping the Cutter for a Vaporizer. Stunning or Freezing is recommended.