Main Menu

New Minecraft Server!

Started by static2601, June 15, 2013, 09:09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

static2601

OK, So I got a Minecraft server running 1024mb ram, located in Chicago.   Its open for anyone that wants to come in. It's completely Vanilla  right  now running on a default world. Ive built a house acrossed the  river  from spawn to the right, up the side of a hill. Feel free to take   shelter there use the supplies in the chests and modify the house if  you  plan on living there.

Rules are simple:
1. Don't grief players stuff or take without permission.
2. Don't destroy the land if you don't have to.
3. Replenish supplies you take.
4. Don't leave doors open for enemies to get in.
5. Respect all players and ops.

Ill be adding mods later and rules are subject to change at any time.

Server: uaclan.mc1.beastnode.net

There is no white-list, but may be one in the future.
The current world may be restarted since its only a start world right   now, you will be notified of any changes before they happen.
Please let me know if your planning on playing in the server so I know who everyone is.

That is all for now, please keep listing mods and stuff you'd like to   see added. I will try and do my best to keep it up to date.

Quote from: static2601I was wondering how many of you would play on it if I  got a Minecraft server. We used to have one but the server had to be  shutdown and the world was lost. It was a survival RPG server with some  other mods, I don't recall exactly which ones, but some where to give  you your stuff back if you died, rpg for leveling up and getting perks,  no explosion damage like from creepers or TNT, griefing protection among  others. I will get one if people will play it and Ill set it up with  whatever mods you'd like to see. I would rather not run Feed The Beast  or any industrial mods, but that's just me. So, tell me if you'd like a  server and what mods you'd like.

Poke yo face

I'll check it out if you do get it probably wont play much due to lag though

leviathan

I think i might try it for a bit.
To be truly sane, one must first be insane.

Inquisitor Delo

I've been wanting to play more Minecraft, so I'll try it out.

As for mods, not sure yet.
=][= Exitus Acta Probat =][=

Calvingreen17.

I'll check it out.

I get a bad login error.

Full Time PC Gamer/PC Enthusiast.

Always looking for friends, hit me up on xfire: http://www.xfire.com/profile/calvingreen17 .......

static2601

Quote from: Calvingreen17.;9474I'll check it out.

I get a bad login error.

Do you have the latest version of minecraft? I'm not really sure why you'd get that error, I see that you tried and lost connection 4 times. I would think its client side.

Trinity

Do you know if the host has Feed the beast?  The reason I ask is because Feed the Beast has different modpacks available. Now at the present time there is only a beta modpack for 1.5.2. The devs are still testing mods and are still waiting for a couple mods to be updated before they release the different modpacks. Chances are they are waiting for 1.6 which should be available in a couple months or so. My recommendation would be to wait until these modpacks are updated and available before adding mods. This makes adding mods so simple.

Thanks for providing a minecraft server for us again.
I don\'t poke the puppy. I poke the poopy.  

static2601

http://www.beastnode.com/ Im not sure if they have it or not but im sure it can be added through ftp. Im pretty sure it does though.

lulks

Here is some mod suggestions:

Tinker's Construct is a mod that lets you make and customize really nice tools. For example, you can make tools with the fortune enchantment with lapis lazuli, and you can make tools that regenerate. http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1659892-15xtinkers-construct/
"Veni, Vidi, Vici"

Tama

Mod Suggestions
Timber
Lockette
MCMMO
I also heard people with low-end PC's can't handle FTB well(But they can handle Normal Minecraft)

lulks

Also, on regards about Feed the Beast, the 1.4.7 version of Feed the Beast can be very, very laggy. However, the 1.5.2 versions of forge are a lot more optimized than earlier versions!
"Veni, Vidi, Vici"

Nuro

I looked at McMMO and it looks pretty cool!

I would LOOOVE to see Feed the Beast on the server. I already play elsewhere if I want vanilla Minecraft, so a vanilla server doesn't really appeal to me. Especially so since it will take way too long to get anything done with TNT disabled on the server. I'll probably play more if there are automation/redstone type mods.

And for people who have trouble running Minecraft, I highly recommend installing Optifine. It adds a lot of graphics options both low-end and high-end, as well as optimizes the game. With lower settings my friend went from 6-13 FPS vanilla Minecraft to 25-30 FPS with Optifine.

static2601

There are a lot of mods out there and I have no idea what mods will work with whatever other mods, nor have I ever ran a Minecraft server with mods. Dragon always took care of all the modding and server stuff. I got a server but only really wanted to put on the rpg mods we had before. I really dont have alot of time either, so someone is gonna have to tell me how this is all done and have some patience since Im not always on or will be dealing with the server. Ive seen the biomes o plenty and it looks really nice but of course I dont know what is required or if it will work with these other mods you list. Trinity might be better to run the server right now then me or someone else. So ill look into it all but really dont have much time, especially this week since im trying to finish up the map, not get caught up in something else. Once the map is updated ill have a lot more time to do other things.

Nuro

I personally like McMMO + Feed the Beast using MCPC+. Adds a lot of functionality and using a modpack means you don't have to deal with compatability issues between mods and managing updates across the plethora of mods.

If we're not doing FtB, then I'd like to nominate Buildcraft, Railcraft, and RedPower for building cool contraptions. I think Equivalent Exchange is also fun, but it's a game-breaking pandora's box in terms of what it lets you do if not very carefully configured, so probably wouldn't work well here.

Trinity, do you have recommendations for Static based on what people have said so far? You know the most here about Minecraft mods.

static2601

Ok, so the server is now running craft bukkit and I put on an anticheat plugin and lockette (for locking your chests and doors).

Trinity

I currently have a private feed the beast server and have been really enjoying it. I'd love to see us have one of those if at all possible. Nuro, if your familiar with this host maybe you can help out as well. I know that the host I use has the different ftb modpacks available such as Direwolf20's and Ultimate, etc. It might work at bit different with this host. I do know that there is a beta pack for 1.5.2 currently which was just updated today. Now whether this pack is available for servers I don't really know. More than likely it is. If anything I agree with the suggestion you gave nuro plus any other mods that are of interest to others. I do know that working with a modpack just seems to be easier than installing mods one at a time unless one is using multimc. McMMO I'm not that familiar with as I have been using the default commands that come with a vanilla modded server.  Thus far I have not had any issues as the people who have played on my server have been people I know. If Static doesn't have the time right now then maybe you and I can come up with something together.

static2601

This host has all that, FTB direwolf, mindcrack, yogacraft, ultimate. tekkit, voltz and bukkit as 1 click mod installs or just add your own like i did for bukkit, it was in the list  but manually installed it anyway. Then I can select from a plugins list of bukkit plugins it will auto install. What host do you use Trin?

Trinity

I'm using Creeperhost. They do the same thing as your host with the 1 click mod install so it's super easy. The configs are even already taken care of so all the mods work seemlessly together.  When adding mods manually instead of with a pack you can run into block id conflicts which are easy to fix but a pain.

Calvingreen17.

Quote from: static2601;9475Do you have the latest version of minecraft? I'm not really sure why you'd get that error, I see that you tried and lost connection 4 times. I would think its client side.

I do have the latest version.

And it is client side. TRied to join other servers, no luck, Minecraft cant even reach them or resolve the host name.

Always looking for friends, hit me up on xfire: http://www.xfire.com/profile/calvingreen17 .......

Nuro

Quote from: Calvingreen17.;9490I do have the latest version.

And it is client side. TRied to join other servers, no luck, Minecraft cant even reach them or resolve the host name.

It sounds like your firewall is blocking the connection. Are you using the default Windows firewall? What OS?

static2601

To anyone that doesnt know yet, McMMO, (rpg leveling system) is now on the minecraft server. So McMMO and lockette are the current plugins right now.

Calvingreen17.

Quote from: Nuro;9491It sounds like your firewall is blocking the connection. Are you using the default Windows firewall? What OS?

Tis Windows 8. Tis not de best OS but I like the faster boot.

I will try and see what turning the firewall off does.

Trinity

I have Windows 8 as well and it does have it's schizophrenic moments. Another thing you can try is to move your current .minecraft folder to your desktop and download a new instance.

Calvingreen17.

Tried that, to no avail, didnt work. Funny, all of this started after I reinstalled Windows cause of some hardware failures.

Trinity

Do you have team viewer? Maybe someone can see what's going on using team viewer.