Main Menu

Petition to have Tama reinstated as an admin (For the server.)

Started by Sir Tado, May 16, 2013, 01:21:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Tado

Hello all, this is just a small Petition I've decided to put together as I believe Tama should be given back her admin status on the server.

As you most know, a few months ago she lost admin status due to circumstances that I only know so much about. In recent weeks it seems that a lot of the traffic we used to receive has gone down quite a bit, and the main reason for this is because of rude and annoying non-clan members (and a few who are members). Heck, I've even stopped going entirely. Normally they would not have been much of a problem because they were usually dealt with in some manner (Muted, kicked, or just plain banned.) The thing is the only admins I ever really see on the server are Mega, Static, and Tama, the first two rarely being on at all. Tama is the one who was on most of the time and dealt with the troublemakers that arose from time to time. She was pretty much the only admin that did much for the players. I believe that if she is reinstated, it would help to bring some of the clan back, and help bring in new people again. That's it really, and thank you for reading this through.

• If you agree with having her reinstated, comment with your support.
  • If you disagree, comment with why you don't support.

drunkendan

I disagree, the reason Tama had her powers revoked was due to allowing others to cheat(Ex. disabling aimbot detection for Dapeep to use, or giving monk 999 health), she disabled various plug ins when she was told NOT TO, and never went through proper procedures for dealing with issues of kicking muting or banning, and abused her power. Remember when you and Video game were killing Tama in the game she started admin slapping you. When it came to kicking or muting people she would mute if her friend asked for the person to be muted EVEN if the server did not have an issue. She even kicked players for killing her in the game.

The real reason the server has lost many of its players is the new server. 1 it is a crappy server with tons of lag. I have decided to stop going on the server myself until the server is changed and 2 many players were not informed when the server moved.

Also Mega is on all the time! How is he not around? When he is not on the server he is easy to grab. Not even just for me but for other clan members. Tetra is an admin, and Popo is communications(as in he can deal mutes when needed and only has done it once when a kid was being bad and the server wanted them muted)

With Tama's track record I can't support her being given full admin again. If ANY power is to be given back to Tama, it should be something small, like having the power to mute.
will get an image soon maybe

Doctor Who

I disagree. The server is not as populated because of lack of adminship. Mega is always on steam and easy to get a hold of if he wasn't on TF2. tetra is a new admin as well and Popo is a comm officer. Clearly the lack of adminship is not the issue. The real reason why people are not on the server is because of 1. The server change ( IP address) 2. The new server is an Art of war Central one, witch has a HORRIBLE track record and lags like crazy. and 3. Static has (in my opinion put little effort ) into helping fix the problem with the Server host so continuing lag. That is why people are not on the server. with that being said most people know why Tama had her powers removed. I do not support. (I say this out of my care for everyone in the clan so if I mentioned you it is what i believe to be for the benefit for the clan. Not personal Bias)

Tama

First off, I did't turn the aimbot thing off. Do your homework next time
Second Monk didn't kill with the 999 HP
Third The slaps were fine with the members that I slapped
Fourth I NEVER kicked anyone for killing me

drunkendan

You did turn off the aimbot. Static even pulled up the logs when it was off. It is one of the biggest reasons you were depowered.
will get an image soon maybe

MegaSuperGeneral

tama hours 5 , Sir tado 13.63 hours , dan 41 hours,  static 55 hours, Mega's hours 58.52

Nuro

QuoteShe was pretty much the only admin that did much for the players.

Mega does a lot and really doesn't get much (or any) thanks for what he does. He often had to restart the server when it would crash or stop allowing players in mid-day. He also actively tried to advertise the new IP address when the server changed in order to help people find it. He tends to be more neutral when people have issues and I have not seen him play favourites.

Static owns the server, works on the map, and works on the plugins. That said, he does have that frustrating combination of laziness plus the drinking problem plus seeming ADD when it comes to what he's doing that causes things to not be completed as fast as people should expect, and I can certainly see how this would give the impression of not doing things.

Quotedisabling aimbot detection

I had actually noticed that Sprint and RTD were disabled on the server and was the one who brought up plugins being disabled when this occured. From what I was told the aimbot detection plugin was also disabled; I would like to hear from static to ensure this isn't a rumour gotten out of hand, however. But, Ninny, you shouldn't be disabling plugins without a very good reason: most likely because they are lagging or crashing the server. Disabling them solely because you don't like them gives an inconsistent experience to players. It would've been better to just make a thread as you later did and ask people what they wanted: that actually got somewhere and had no negative consequences because you checked with what people playing wanted and people had time to respond if they wished to. Again, I would also like to hear from static on what rules he set on disabling plugins and how he communicated them.

Quote Monk didn't kill with the 999 HP

I am sorry, but this does not justify giving someone 999 HP. For one, there is no good reason for a player to be given that much health purely because an admin felt like it. Second, it negatively impacts the fun of others. People trying to actually play the game by killing the other team will end up targeting this player, likely unable to kill them, and then die to their teammates. This is frustrating; it isn't fair at all to them. Third, it means playing favourites. Again, this isn't really fair to the rest of the players.

There is more I'd like to add, but I'll save that for when I make my decision about what I think should be done.

Now, I do not know the actual events that occured here, and making a single-line response to accusations of admin abuse doesn't really help your case. Ninny, I'd appreciate it if you could give a more detailed account of what happened. Same for Dan or whoever else directly witnessed this. I have no interest in unreliable, repetitive second-hand accounts of what they think they were told occured.

Honestly, Ninny, I was going to be supportive of having your power re-instated. But that you never brought up giving your friend 999 HP as even a potential form of admin abuse really hurts your credibility. And I am disappointed that you did that.

Currently still waiting to decide

stewartlittle327

What a wonderful way to come back to the forums after being gone people grasping at throats and trying to accuse others, i'm at a standoff on really what to say cause of what people are saying, but alot of what you guys are saying is true butalot of it didnt hurt people and the server before wasnt laggy at all untill funmode and become HHH was released giving people overhealed hp such as like 999HP was usually put of HHH and monk usually and monkjust played around and never killed anyone i will vouch but that made the server fun its mariokart we should be allowed some form of fun that isnt base camping or sniper war or engie camping. i have more to say but not the time or the place for me to say do what you wish cause theres nothing i can do about what goes on but just seems like no one wants to bother to care about a second and final chance.

Doctor Who

for the last time the, NEW SERVER IS LAGGY BECAUSE IT IS AN ART OF WAR CENTRAL SERVER! Not because of Funmode. Not because of HHH. We need to accept that our "upgraded" server was just a ruse for weak watered down replacement.

royce212

I know I'm new, but I have at least a good few hours on the server, so here's my two cents. While this may have changed while I was busy in real life, this is what I remember. First, I love the server. I play almost exclusively on it when I play tf2. So I'm not hating on the server, but I do think that these things bothered me.  First, admins were on less than some think. As I go school still, during spring break I had a chance to see what the server was like 24/7. Sometimes a jerk would go on and start trolling people, calling them bad, etc. They would often be there for long periods of time before an admin came on. I'm not calling the admins lazy, they do what they can with the time they have, and I respect that. But I did see tama often come in from some request, mute someone and leave (likely leading to the 5 hours thing). It may have been against the admin code or w/e I dunno, but I was grateful. Second, the timed chat messages tell you to "report micspam" even though the main source of it was people with [UA]. It never bothered me but it bothered some. Finally, I was there for a lot of silly things like 999 health (But not that incident in particular). I only ever saw I on a sparsely populated server, and it didn't ever seem to bother anyone. I found it fun. BUT tama did understand the rules, and broke them. So make of that what you will, because I for one have no idea what I think. I just want a well moderated server. Lag doesn't matter to me.

static2601

Quote from: Nuro;9223Static owns the server, works on the map, and works on the plugins. That said, he does have that frustrating combination of laziness plus the drinking problem plus seeming ADD when it comes to what he's doing that causes things to not be completed as fast as people should expect, and I can certainly see how this would give the impression of not doing things.
Drinking problem? no, not at all. Maybe a year ago but not now, I cant stand being drunk since i cant program or map without messing something up. And I told you this last night Nuro. I have literally 2- 3 hours after work m-f to work on what i can and weekends. I spend alot of time trying to come up with the right way to do things, on top of it all, im still learning the plugin language. So I think its a little unfair to say I have a frustrating combination of lazyness and a drinking problem.

--- Update ---

and this whole thing with Ninnys admin, It was removed mostly cause i felt that she was too addicted to the console and it was driving her crazy and mad. She was also doing commands that I felt were too much. Also this thread is in violation to our terms for flaming staff and admin. Her admin will be given back when I feel it to be necessary.