Main Menu

A proper introduction to the chapter of Popo's Moderation.

Started by SuperKamiGuru, May 10, 2013, 08:39:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperKamiGuru

Wazzup fellow UA members and Mario Kart lurkers! Although it's been a few days since Tetra and myself received moderation privileges, I would still like to give out a proper thank you to all the support and respect I get from the server and I hope that my moderation does not restrict any harmless fun that the server may be blessed with. I make an official promise to the server that I will try my hardest to keep the server fun while still maintaining order, although we all know how fun the server is when everyone goes insane (myself included).

I would also like to ease anyone's mind who thinks that my "Popo" alias will get in the way of my moderation as we have seen done in the past. I am still 100% Popo, which means I still prefer to not use moderation powers to deal with minor issues and would rather do what many of you love seeing me do on the server (troll the living shit out of squeakers and try-hards). I would also like to ease anyone's mind who may think I have a problem with you or a personal issue with you. To do this, I would just have to say I really don't have any personal issue with any of you. You all hold a special place in my heart, no matter how much I may express otherwise. I would like to promise here that I will not use moderation powers for personal relationships with others (which is really just dumb to do anyway, but I want to take care of any issues people may have).

I understand my personality may not seem like a proper candidate for a moderator, but I personally guarantee everyone that I will moderate with responsibility and only when absolutely needed. Because hell, I love sexy talking to squeakers as much as you guys love seeing me do it, so don't expect that to change any time soon! Thank you all for your support, and I hope to make the server a much more fun environment for all of you.

Also 'Pecking Order'
                    Mr. Popo
Pecking order...

Trinity

The best advice I can give is don't let the power go to your head. Take your time observing what is going on. Think before reacting. And if your unsure ask a manager
I don\'t poke the puppy. I poke the poopy.  

MegaSuperGeneral

Nuro

Quote from: MegaSuperGeneral;9157what would mega or dragon do.

Give me five dollars. :3

Tetra

That is kind of how I am taking it as well, in fact sense I have had power and the times I have been on I have not even had to use my powers yet, not once so far have I even needed to mute someone, gag, etc, though I would propose this is because we are getting less trolls and far less annoyances than last year when I started playing on UA. However, I know what to do in cases where it will be needed.

Trinity

When I was admining servers with SG we were expected to moderate and not really play. My advice would be to play and have fun and only moderate if necessary.
I don\'t poke the puppy. I poke the poopy.  

Nuro

Quote from: Trinity;9160When I was admining servers with SG we were expected to moderate and not really play. My advice would be to play and have fun and only moderate if necessary.

I absolutely agree with this. Moderation isn't needed too often in many servers, and being an admin can grow very boring or stressful if you don't play and enjoy yourself too; I've seen the admin quality in games decline due to rules forbidding also playing causing those who did a good job to grow bored/tired and leave while those who only wish to abuse power stick around. Playing the game with those you are also helping through moderation also means people get to know you more -- for better or worse -- and can make a big difference in people's perceptions and opinions of the server. It also means you can hear in-the-moment what people like and dislike that can be changed. :3