Main Menu

Remove Sprint foundation

Started by Tama, May 04, 2013, 04:19:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tama

Because I'm getting sick and tired of people using sprint to abuse hit boxes I made this thread. Anyone else who wants sprint removed should post in it.

static2601

I say no because I like to go fast in a big map and I don't think it affects hitboxes, Though im not 100% sure on this.

Tetra

Sadly, while I enjoy sprint as well the evidence is CLEAR sprint does in fact affect hitboxes mostly as a spy if you sprint towards someone you can get a back stab by glitching through the models.

Poke yo face

Yeah i like having sprint yet at the same time jarate sprint snipers are very annoying

stewartlittle327

As it were i agree that it's nice to run around the map at faster speeds but it messes with hit boxxes to the point of as a spy you run into someone and just facestab you or if you alpha just to run back to a cabinet so you can heal and then just run back at you. sprint to me is abused more then it is fun.

static2601

this would be mostly because your update rate, If you shoot at someone, that data has to be uploaded to the server. at the same time the guy your shooting at moves to the left and since he has the faster upload speed, he moves out of the way of your bullets. This would be lag on your network. It isn't much but if hes going faster ie sprinting, then its done a little quicker. The server is set to a default of 30,000 rate. you can match this by typing "30000 rate" in console if your getting lag, though you may not even notice depending on your connection.

some other things that could effect this are your computer not being able to process the game fast enough, the map is not optimized right now so when you play in the map, your computer has to draw the entire map and will cause frame rate drops. The next map update is currently in the works and will be properly optimized so to not be so hard on your computer. Places like the tunnels will only draw the areas your in and nothing else, opposed to drawing the entire map every second. Models will also not be drawn unless your within a certain distance. the difference will be most notable in the tunnels since the above ground is too open to properly optimize.

If you want to test your frame rates and network speeds, you can use net_graph 1-5, type it in your console. It will display all the info you need, then you can compare my map to a valve map and see the difference.

tman

After not being in the server for a little bit im surprised it still has sprint

Nuro

I absolutely hate sprint, as I have already stated in another thread. Add up how it messes with hitboxes, TF2's lag compensation, and people with poor connections and you get an extremely annoying combination that results in dieing when it makes no sense to have, or the other person practically teleporting to safety. It's seemingly intended use of getting to places quickly is subverted by people abusing it in order to get kills and avoid dieing (via myself included).

Actually using it to get somewhere puts you at a disadvantage, as the other player can now use their saved sprint to get to a healthpack without the risk of you keeping up via your own sprint. The other player can also use their sprint to get in your face with melee, flamethrower, shotgun, or other point-block damage sources with you having no chance of dodging or (if they know what they're doing) killing them in time without having also saved your own sprint or utilizing very specific weapon mechanics. That the effective counter to sprint is another sprint means a player who actually wants to win in an even fight cannot use their sprint to actually get around. These issues would persist even if the hitbox issues were somehow fixed.

Tama

Quote from: static2601;9107this would be mostly because your update rate, If you shoot at someone, that data has to be uploaded to the server. at the same time the guy your shooting at moves to the left and since he has the faster upload speed, he moves out of the way of your bullets. This would be lag on your network. It isn't much but if hes going faster ie sprinting, then its done a little quicker. The server is set to a default of 30,000 rate. you can match this by typing "30000 rate" in console if your getting lag, though you may not even notice depending on your connection.

some other things that could effect this are your computer not being able to process the game fast enough, the map is not optimized right now so when you play in the map, your computer has to draw the entire map and will cause frame rate drops. The next map update is currently in the works and will be properly optimized so to not be so hard on your computer. Places like the tunnels will only draw the areas your in and nothing else, opposed to drawing the entire map every second. Models will also not be drawn unless your within a certain distance. the difference will be most notable in the tunnels since the above ground is too open to properly optimize.

If you want to test your frame rates and network speeds, you can use net_graph 1-5, type it in your console. It will display all the info you need, then you can compare my map to a valve map and see the difference.

It has NOTHING to do with internet.
Sprint fucks with Hitboxes peroid. And people continually exploit it

drunkendan

Yeah sprint does mess with the hit boxes. I know this from a the fact that when people do it shots go through them without doing damage, and when I use sprint players bullets go through me.
will get an image soon maybe

Cajun Fox

Quote from: Nuro;9112I absolutely hate sprint
I didn't read the rest because I was distracted by a moth, but it's clear to me you're wrong. Sprint is a welcome addition to the server, and everyone loves it 100%, even the people who say they hate it. Your disposition is most likely due to the fact that you're a homogay transtesticle.

Tama

Sprint has now been removed. Thank you everyone who joined the cause!

static2601

Majority of replies want Sprint removed from the server, so it has been removed.