Main Menu

Server Lag

Started by Nuro, May 04, 2013, 03:51:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nuro

For some reason this new server setup seems to lag a lot. Most of the time when I get on lately it's getting 1 second spikes of complete lag every few minutes to every minute. I'm not sure if it is due to one of the plugins, because the server is being restarted less (doesn't seem to be the case with how often it needs restarting), or just due to the new server itself. Any idea what is up with it, Static?

static2601

hey. Since the Steampipe update, things are not "right" just yet. the whole file directory has been redone to optimize tf2 and back it boot faster, update faster and perform better. The server was crashing last night when ever someone joined and, without doing anything, it fixed itself. Im not sure what the problem is, but i know that sourcemod wasnt logging anything, which probably meant that something wasnt working properly. It could be sourcemod or just the server itself.

I have been trying to work out any bugs in my downtime. I installed sourcemod with the latest build and it seemed to be fine, this was early this morning. When did you have the lag spikes? I am keeping an eye on the server but im not in there, so anyone with issues should post them here so I can look into the problems. One thing I can do is test if its sourcemod or the server, I can disable sourcemod and all the plugins and run it to see if theres a difference. If not, then its probably the server or server host.

Nuro

People were on earlier today and it was getting a lot of lag spikes. I think it was sometime around 13:30-14:40 EST (on May 4).

--- Update ---

We were playing again this evening with the plugins/sourcemod not loaded. It was fine initially, then it started lagging after an hour or so. When people went to micspam later it was also cutting out people's audio for about a third of a second every other second.