Main Menu

TF2 Favorite Loadouts

Started by Nipple Nugget, April 01, 2013, 06:01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nipple Nugget

Hello! I had an idea that we could all share our favorite loadouts for each character on TF2. These don't have to be your best loadout, just ones that you have fun playing with. I'll start.

Scout
Force-a-nature, Winger, Holy Mackerel

I don't play a "serious" scout, so this is mainly for dicking around and making people kind of angry. The FaN knocks people back (fun to do with snipers), the winger is just a pistol, and how fun is it to kill people with a fish?

Soldier
Rocket Jumper, Shotgun, Market Gardner

This is pretty much self explanatory. Rocket Jumper + Market Gardner = Fun

Pyro
Degreaser, Shotgun, Postal Pummler

This is one of my "serious" classes, so it makes sense to me to have one of the best combos (Degreaser + Axtinguisher and reskins) as my main loadout. Besides, when else do you get to kill someone with a mail box? SO MUCH PUN-TENTIAL! I choose shotgun over flare gun because it seems more consistent and I don't have the best aim in the world.

Heavy
Minigun, Sandvich, Gloves of Running Urgently

Once again, this is a "serious" class for me. Minigun is overall my favorite of Heavy's guns, the sandvich is for healing (and being sandvich hoovy is fun), and the GRU is for running urgently (who would have guessed?).

Demoman
Grenade launcher, Sticky Jumper, Ullapool Caber

Sticking jumping with the caber is just too fun if you have a "I don't give two shits what happens to me" approach.

Engineer
Frontier Justice, Southern Hospitality, Gunslinger

With the weak mini-sentries that beef up the Frontier Justice and a deadly Southern Hospitality for both damage and bleed effect, this makes a formidable loadout and my favorite for the Engie

Medic
Crusader's Crossbow, Medigun, Amputator

I don't really play "battle medic", so most of the time I'm healing. Other than that, the Crossbow and Amputator are there for the +4 health/sec ability.

Sniper
Machina, SMG, Shahanshah

Frankly this is my worst class so I don't fool with it much. The main reason I went with SMG over Jarate is because of close-range combat without much to deal with. I'd rather walk backwards and fire than hit something head-on.

Spy
Enforcer, Dead Ringer, Spy-cicle, Red-Tape Recorder

"LOL I TROL U" set. 'Nuff said.

OH MY GAWD.....MY WORLD HAS BEEN TURNED UPSIDE DOWN!

Nuro

Scout
Force-a-Nature, Pistol, Boston Basher
FaN has great burst damage, but I primarily love it for its mobility. Being able to triple jump around, stop fall damage even after a double jump, and super FaN jump to high locations all appeal to me. Pistol has great close to mid-range damage. Boston Basher is used to help your medic build uber faster.

Soldier
Rocket Launcher/Original, Gunboats, Escape Plan
The Rocket Launcher has 1 more rocket than the liberty/direct hit. I like having normal explosive radius for dealing with longer range targets as well as groups. The normal projectile speed isn't an issue if you have good prediction skills, both in predicting where your target will willingly go and how your previous rocket will manipulate their trajectory. I love rocket jumping, so gunboats are my preferred secondary. If there's a competent Medic, however, I might use the shotgun instead. Escape plan is for when I'm at 15 or less HP (rocket launcher + gunboats does 15 damage per rocket jump) and need to get to a health pack. On the UA server I don't really care what melee I use, though.

Beggar's Bazooka, Gunboats, Escape Plan
Used for when I want burst damage or flight not requiring surfaces to rocket jump from.

Black Box, Gunboats, Escape Plan
Less about killing and more about being an annoying distraction on the flank. Shooting someone with the black box will give back HP equal to that spent on the rocket jump.

Pyro
Degreaser, Flare Gun, Axtinguisher
Normal pyro loadout. The faster switch speed is more important than the slightly more damage on the flamethrower. Airblasts I also consider vital, so Phlogi and Backburner are out (not that anyone should ever use backburner as its a downgrade). Light, airblast, flare or ax depending on the situation. Flaregun also has the bonus of lighting targets on fire from long distance.

Degreaser, Shotgun, Axtinguisher
For when the enemy team has many pyros.

Demoman
Grenade Launcher, Sticky Jumper, Bottle
For when I want mobility and am being silly. Doesn't work as well as the normal sticky launcher in actual games, but its a lot of fun. I don't bother with the caber as I'd rather not die when it comes time to use my melee weapon. The grenade launcher allows for spamming chokes, can hit bunched up teams or engi nests, and has more shots than the loch-n-load.

Grenade Launcher, Sticky Launcher, Bottle
Srs mode.

Grenade Launcher, Scottish Resistance, Bottle
When my goal is just area denial and I can trust that my team will defend me in the event someone gets past. Can make a carpet and selectively detonate them when an attacker approaches. Can deny multiple chokes, or the same choke from multiple enemies without the sticky downtime on the normal launcher.

Heavy
Tomislav, Sandvich, GRU
Sillier layout I use when running around as a heavy trying to flank people. Works well enough for faster play -- when you want to quickly get in there, get a kill, and move elsewhere.

Natascha, Sandvich/Shotgun, GRU/Fists of Steel
Natascha is used to slow down targets so my team can more readily kill them before they get behind cover or get in range for Medic heals. Can also stop rocket/sticky jumping Soldiers/Demomen from diving your team (especially the Medic). I switch between Sandvich and Shotgun depending on the situation and plentifullness of ammo crates. Fists of Steel can also work pretty well when trying to retreat.

Medic
I am just going to go through the weapons individually since the weapon in each slot depends on the situation with this class; there won't really be a consistent loadout.

Blutsauger
For when your team isn't particularly competent and you know you will need to directly fight more often.

Syringe Gun
The normal weapon I use on Medic. The added health regen beats out the blutsauger's health from combat if you don't actually enter combat often due to having a competent, coordinated team.

Crusader's Crossbow
I need to learn to use this more. Seems like it'd be extremely effective on open maps where you might need to heal an ally from long-range. At shorter ranges I wouldn't use the healing from this, as its heals won't give ubercharge percent. If I am using this I'll use the amputator for the health regen bonus. I am more likely to use this combo if I am not using the Medigun (see Ubersaw).

Medigun
I tend not to use the default medigun if I don't trust my team to keep me alive for long. If I trust my team and they're proving to be rather good, or at least I have a great pocket soldier, I'll run this. This should be the first choice, as invulnerability to all damage will beat out any other medigun's effect in a matchup between Medics with patients. It can also be juggled between two patients with full up-time, albeit at a shorter uber duration, as well as quickly drop invulnerability on your team's players to completely cancel damage they're about to receive.

Kritzkrieg
For when my team isn't doing a particularly good job at protecting me. I'll run this with the blutsauger in that situation. Otherwise I'm running this because I need the fast charge time to attempt to kill the other medic before they can build their Medigun charge, I want to take out a group of clumped up enemies (last point on certain maps this works well on), mid-fight is going on and the kritz would be effective on the given map, or I just really want to see a lot of deaths on the kill feed today.

Quick-fix
I would never use this normally in its current state. But even though its a rather shitty medigun, it is extremely fun when you're on voice with a competent Demoman or soldier. Or both!

Amputator
I don't bother with the group heal on this. I'd rather be using my medigun to heal, as it builds uber and doesn't leave me as a sitting duck. The only time I use this is if I have the crossbow. Or if we're playing in the UA server's melee room and I want to spam taunt heals because I'm a huge bitch.

Ubersaw
What I use normally. +25% ubercharge from a single hit can completely change the outcome of a game. This is especially the case when you're running the medigun and someone bombs you while you're at 75%+ ubercharge. Hit them once and quickly pop uber, then run away and uber the closest thing you can. Clutch ubersaw saves are always fun to do and watch!

Sniper
Sniper Rifle, SMG, Shiv
The normal loadout I use. Quick headshots or bodyshots, a close-range weapon with relatively good damage, and bleed for when you will inevitably die anyway. Not much to say.

Sniper Rifle, Jarate, Shiv
For gamemodes and maps where the enemy team will bunch up, such as payload. Can help a lot with getting your teammates more damage on many enemies. The mini-crits also remove fall-off damage.

Sydney Sleeper, Jarate/SMG, Shiv
Jarate or SMG depending on situation, though usually jarate. While I think the Sniper Rifle is generally more effective, I like this in areas where you don't have much room to realistically get headshots consistently. More about helping your teammates deal damage than dealing the damage yourself. Also fun when you just don't feel like having to aim as much sometimes.

Spy
Ambassador, Sapper, Knife, Dead Ringer
The Red Tape bug has been fixed, and at this point I'd consider it a downgrade to the normal sapper. I prefer the normal knife over the spycicle for the very reason you'd use the spycicle: its ability to extinguish flames. Now why would that be bad? Say you're going for a pick on the Medic or Demo and they have a pyro protecting them. The pyro's noticed you, or is maybe just squirting flames around, and you get hit. There goes your pick; now the enemy team also knows you aren't as much of a threat until your knife comes back as well. At which point they can repeat. I'd rather know that a stray flame won't ruin my Medic pick. Besides these two, the other knives just have too large of a downside to make effective use of them. Dead Ringer I enjoy as I prefer being a huge annoyance as the spy. I'll make my presence known, often perform obvious fake deaths as I steal the ammo boxes and taunt them (not the taunt key) into chasing me. If I'm one player distracting more than one player, then our team is now effectively up more players. In this regard you can also distract your enemies from the actual threat -- your team -- as they get the first strike advantage, or simply make them waste plays that they should've pulled off. I feel the ambassador fits well with this playstyle; drop a headshot on someone and they're going to either be looking for you, or running for health. Or they'll die if they're a 125 class. Or often you can kill the Medic from mid-range. The enforcer is a nice alternative for a straight-up fight, but I still prefer the longer-range single-shot damage of the ambassador more.

Doctor Who

Pyro - Degreaser, reserve shooter, axtinguisher

Poke yo face

my preferred pyro loadout is my rainblower detonator and homewrecker so i can either spread cheer around an engi base while spy checking or attempt to snipe with my detonator or just plain smack someone with a sledge hammer

Cold Assassin

Shouldn't this be in clan discussion?

Sent from my ATRIX 4G using Forum Runner

Lil_tankk

What he said

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk 2

Tama

Quote from: Cold Assassin;8924Shouldn't this be in clan discussion?
I don't think it should. It lets people who arn't in the clan post as well, giving insights on their sets and can help others improve.