Main Menu

Please post what youd like to see put on the mk server, plugin wise

Started by static2601, March 26, 2013, 08:04:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

static2601

What plugins should be added to the server? I know I may be missing a few from the server move, so tell me. I can also write some if they don't exist. Search for them here http://www.sourcemod.net/plugins.php
Keep in mind im not gonna add every plugin, Ill also write some if people really want them and there not really complicated.

Soda

Whoever snuck SCP-504 into the cafeteria kitchen is getting terminated. Those tomato slices are like fucking shuriken. - Dr. Blast

static2601

Nuro

The server seems to have all of the plugins that I knew were on before the server move.

RTD  has a different cooldown on it and such; I'm not sure if that  is due to a plugin update or lack of config or just a decision that was  made.

Is it possible to make !hlgravity not output to the chat,  similar to how RTD works? It also seems like the gravity is higher than a  normal server's when jumping around as Scout with high gravity on.

I  also am not a fan of Sprint. Maybe it has been fixed now, but before it  would cause some oddities with hitboxes combined with lag compensation.  Just figured I'd mention it since I've seen Ninny and Dan complain  about it before, too. Maybe a lot of others like it, though.

I love HLXCE iff the stupid chat spam of points and rankings are disabled. The ability to view your stats with varying classes and weapons as well as overall server statistics (class and weapon usage percents for example) via a website is great. However, it seems the current server can't handle it. How much does the current server cost per month out of curiosity?

static2601

Quote from: Nuro;8811The server seems to have all of the plugins that I knew were on before the server move.

RTD  has a different cooldown on it and such; I'm not sure if that  is due to a plugin update or lack of config or just a decision that was  made.

Is it possible to make !hlgravity not output to the chat,  similar to how RTD works? It also seems like the gravity is higher than a  normal server's when jumping around as Scout with high gravity on.

I  also am not a fan of Sprint. Maybe it has been fixed now, but before it  would cause some oddities with hitboxes combined with lag compensation.  Just figured I'd mention it since I've seen Ninny and Dan complain  about it before, too. Maybe a lot of others like it, though.

I love HLXCE iff the stupid chat spam of points and rankings are disabled. The ability to view your stats with varying classes and weapons as well as overall server statistics (class and weapon usage percents for example) via a website is great. Howeever, it seems the current server can't handle it. How much does the current server cost per month out of curiosity?

Im not sure if the cooldowns and length of the rolls were changed or not but they are probably on default and I can change them if needed.

The !hlgravity command I'd perfer if people bind it to a key, bind sm_hlgravity in console, the ! before it will display the command in chat and the / will not display unless it is not a valid command. Almost every command that uses ! can be bound or typed in console if you fix sm_ to it minus the !.

Im not sure if the hitboxes are effected or not, the plugin uses the whip effect from the soldier's whip and is a stock condition that is added, so its a Valve effect and im sure they wouldn't have hitbox issues with it, though I can't say for sure.

I tryed TF2 stats but it caused lag in the server, It may have been that the database it was uploading to was slow to receive the data or was something with the plugin itself. I do want to add stats so player can track them though the forums or another site. Ill try hlxce and see if that works any better. The server is around 30 a month including web server, and full CPanel. I also got a deal through a friend so its not that bad.

Nuro

I had it bound, but didn't realize there was a method that didn't display it in the chat. Thanks!

--- Update ---

I had it bound, but didn't realize there was a method that didn't display it in the chat. Thanks!

The thing with Valve's usage of the whip effect is that it requires a soldier with a melee weapon to hit their allies. Because of this, the only time you'll see its effect is out of combat. Since sprint can be used on-command in-combat, as it does not require team interaction nor one player to become unable to attack temporarily, it will commonly pop up in scenarios that can break it. Furthermore, since it can be used within combat and using it out of combat activates the cooldown still, its use is best saved until you enter combat (whether for increased mobility in combat or running away) instead of using it to actually get places (as the whip is used).

static2601

Im assuming you had it bound to "say !hlgravity"?
I was thinking about making a plugin to GetClientButtons and use it as the variable in a new bind, so it would do FakeClientCommand bind a sm_hlgravity. Then I wouldnt have to see everyone typing it in chat. :)

And the sprint command is really only meant to be for fun, the cooldown can be increased or limited to only refreshing when you kill someone. I use it all the time, like when im being attacked by a scout and i cant catch up to him to smack him, ill use sprint to catch up to him or ill use it to get out of sticky situations or jump further, like into the pipes. I can see how the whip becomes useless while sprint is enabled, but again its for fun. If anything I could modify the plugin do work differently. Honestly, sprint is one of my favorite plugins cause I don't have to waste time walking, I can get to the battle faster.

leviathan

Quote from: Nuro;8813The thing with Valve's usage of the whip effect is that it requires a soldier with a melee weapon to hit their allies. Because of this, the only time you'll see its effect is out of combat. Since sprint can be used on-command in-combat, as it does not require team interaction nor one player to become unable to attack temporarily, it will commonly pop up in scenarios that can break it. Furthermore, since it can be used within combat and using it out of combat activates the cooldown still, its use is best saved until you enter combat (whether for increased mobility in combat or running away) instead of using it to actually get places (as the whip is used).

That is not true at all when i play soldier with a whip i keep the sprint effect on all nearby allies and still manage to kill a few people.
To be truly sane, one must first be insane.

Nuro

Yes, I was using bind mouse3 "say !hlgravity" since I didn't realize there was an equivalent command that didn't spam the chat.