Main Menu

Feed The Beast Server

Started by Chipawok, December 31, 2012, 02:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chipawok

Okay, so I have some experience hosting servers before (not that silly hamachi crap, but an actual server). Also, I did happen to get a decent desktop computer for the holdays. So I was wondering what the clan thought of if I were to dedicate my old laptop to a Feed the Beast server for the clan.

Now some basics things should be kept in mind, sort of like rules; Explosions would be turned off, quarries would have to be approved so you dont accidentally dig out the bottom of someones house, and finally the server would be on a whitelist. Of course all of the other rules apply. Also, just keep in mind, it might not exactly be a 24/7 server, my laptop would probably and litterally melt under that kind of stress, but for the most part it would be kept up.

Anyway, what do you all think?

--- Update ---

Oh, and btw; I can have this server running by tomorrow if enough people think its a good idea.
I still sign because of Peer Pressure...

Tama

Trinity

Sounds good. If you do this would you tell what mod pack or mods are being used.
I don\'t poke the puppy. I poke the poopy.  

stewartlittle327

this is an awsome idea its 1 more thing to keep up but heck id play the hell out of it

Chipawok

Quote from: Trinity;7577Sounds good. If you do this would you tell what mod pack or mods are being used.

In the FtB launcher there are a few packs to choose from, once I get an idea of what everyone thinks of me hosting a server (albeit even if its only for a few hours a day) i was going to make a separate poll to decide the pack. And if you haven't already played Feed the Beast, its a lot like an enhanced version of tekkit. Each of the packs have slight changes, different sets of mods, but they all revolve around buildcraft, industrial craft, redpower, and equivalent exchange.

Also, this is really just a trial thing to see how everyone likes using Ftb, maybe it can evolve into a full time server for the clan. The regular rpg server is practicably dead anyeay, and we need something to keep everyone playing :)

Trinity

I've been playing using the FtB launcher using Direwolf20's pack and really enjoy it. Even easier than using multimc to install mods.

Inquisitor Delo

Im throwing my wallet at the screen but nothings happening
=][= Exitus Acta Probat =][=

DragonMasterNYC

Quote from: Inquisitor Delo;7581Im throwing my wallet at the screen but nothings happening
Donate and a server may pop up.

As for packs I can't really decide, to many to choose from.
God's in his Heaven. All's right with the world.

lulks

Direwolf20's pack is awesome. His LPs are nice too! I would love a FTB server. Which pack would be used though?
"Veni, Vidi, Vici"

Chipawok

Okay, so even as we speak I am setting up a trial run for the server. I decided on the mindcrack pack, since that was created for a server in the first place. Anyway when everything is finalized I will post the ip :D Oh and if everyone will be so kind as to post their in game names who want to play that would be appreciated. Whitelist and all xD

Tama

DragonMasterNYC

You can always look at the clan roster for Minecraft IDs, it is also on our profile pages under the About Me tab.
God's in his Heaven. All's right with the world.

lulks

My name ingame is lulks. The one thing I hate about Mindcrack is how it has Gregtech. I like the top-tier items, but I hate how he abused the hell out of the forge ore dictionary, and made several unnecessary recipe changes.
"Veni, Vidi, Vici"

Inquisitor Delo

Name-MrCrisisSuit

>2013
>Voting No
I Scooby dooby doo

Oh and Gregtech...
...I've heard some bad things about GregTech....
=][= Exitus Acta Probat =][=

Chipawok

I havent heard anything about his gregtech... I follow most of the people from the minecrack server, like vintagebeef, etho, goude, and others. Thats why i thought it would be kinda cool, but of course if there is something everyone would prefer instead then by all means, i can change it.

Also, the server goes live tomorrow at around 3, ill post the ip then :D

lulks

If we are doing mindcrack, could you please disable Gregtech?
"Veni, Vidi, Vici"

wispy256

Hey, i am just wondering if I would be able to join this server if and when it goes up.  I am also wondering if this is going to be a white-list server or not.
My minecraft name is wispy256.

Chipawok

Okay everyone, The server is official. For right now try not to be too close to either spawn or any other players. Also, NO EXPLOSIVES: I do not need you crashing the server xD           Ip: 71.175.68.141

Bighead2496

Will there be fire spread cause I know a guy who is good at fighting then xD

Chipawok

Firespread is off, as is pvp and mobgriefing

Trinity

I have a friend I would like white listed to the server. He goes by the name bazingashane0. He has spent some time in vent and is also known by Dragon and Mega.

Chipawok

I added him. Be sure to tell him that he is welcome to come and play, so long as he follows the rules and such :)

Trinity

Chipawok

So if anyone hasn't yet heard, I'm now basically out of a computer. I still have the server running on my family pc, but haven't seen nearly any use out of it at all. I will gladly keep the server running if its in use, but if not then I would like to conserver the energy and turn it off. If I do decide to turn off the server (at least for now until I can get a better one and maintain a 24/7 server) I can give out the world file to anyone who would like to continue playing on it. Being a clan project of mine, I would gladly take everyone's input :)

Trinity

A friend of mine and I have set up a 24/7 Feed the Beast server. We could host the world file until you get a new pc up and working. After your up and running again we will give the file back to you.