Main Menu

Your favorite games growing up

Started by Tama, June 20, 2012, 09:13:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tama

Personally my number one fav is Breath of fire 3. It's my fav game of all time.
I also grew up with the Pokemon Series when it just came out. Red/Blue/Yellow and all that jazz. I still play today on White. Also growing up I only owned Nintendo stuff expect a PS1 when I was about 9-10 which is when I got BoF3. Growing up I played tons of Mario, Zelda and Sonic games. Sonic games being on PC ports thanks to Sega, I played all the classics on a Windows 95 computer. That seems like forever ago now...

Dark

My list would go on forever, but here are some main ones:

Mischief Makers
Glover
Bomberman Hero
Bomberman 64
Super Mario 64
Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask (hurr)
Gex 64
Super Smash Bros.
Goldeneye 64

DragonMasterNYC

Where to start.

Zelda
Sonic the Hedgehog
Supper Mario bros.
Bomberman
Mega Man
Pacman
Gauntlet
Banjo Kazooie
Alex the Kid
Nights into Dreams
Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow
Smash Bros.
Rampage
Galaga
R-Type
Darius
Gradius
Air Gallet
Shinobi
Mortal Kambat
Tekken
Virtual Fighters
Street Fighters
Out Run
Crusin USA, World, Exotica
Need for Speed
Ridge Racer
Midnight Club
Burnout
F-Zero
Mario Kart
GTA
Driver
True Crime
Starcraft
Age of Empires
Civilization
Sim City
Sims
Roller Coaster Tycoon
Doom
Tribes
Unreal Series

That's only to name a few that I get get off the top of my mind.
God's in his Heaven. All's right with the world.

Flapjack

Nobody ever said their life was better without peter the cat.

lulks

I grew up with Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Metroid Prime, and others.
"Veni, Vidi, Vici"

leviathan

I never really played much of those old games but the first game i ever played was halo 2 not much else though.
To be truly sane, one must first be insane.

DragonMasterNYC

Quote from: leviathan;4957I never really played much of those old games but the first game i ever played was halo 2 not much else though.
Halo was only good on PC consoles are not good for FPS.

I was playing games since I was 2, I think, so I have a lot of gaming under my belt, 23 years maybe even 24.
God's in his Heaven. All's right with the world.

tman

Mario Kart 64, Mario party 2, The Sims, Rollercoaster Tycoon, Excitebike 64, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, Mario Golf, Wrestlemania 2000, WWF: No Mercy, Goldeneye 007

Silent Muffin

For me, it's more like a Mix of SNES, N64, Sega Genesis, PS1, and Early PC.

Though I'll give the shortened version...(Doesn't seem like it xD)

Super Mario Kart, Starfox, Donkey Kong Country, Yoshi's Island, and Pretty much everything on The Super Mario All-Stars Cartridge for the SNES.

Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, Banjo-Kazooie, Donkey Kong 64, Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Gex: Enter the Gecko, and Jetforce Gemini for the N64

The Original Sonic Games (1,2,3, Sonic and Knuckles), Columns, Altered Beast, Pretty much everything for the Sega CD (A lot of people think it's crap, but I liked it)

The Original Spyro series, Crash Bandicoot, and a lot of those early Racing games for the PS1.

I REALLY liked Quake back for the PC, (Probably a reason I like TF so much now), also Doom and other early FPS games.

After all that my Favorite game of All time growing up was actually Sam and Max Hit the Road for the PC.. Just has such a Huge Nostalgia factor on it, every time I play it, it makes me feel very Happy, no matter what happens.
Caring, Giving, even Delicious ^_^
Be Sure to pick up your VERY OWN Santa Muffin while they\'re on Sale! It makes a GREAT holiday gift for the ones you care about, as well as proves to them that they\'re actually worth something in life! (Seriously, some people have that problem). Hurry Though! As we only have a limited amount, and will only be on sale until Christmas!
ORDER NOW!!!!

_Necronium_

My first game was Super Mario Bro's 3, Donkey Kong Country 3 and Kirbys Dream Course

Then I got my Dreamcast with , Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, JSR, Power Stone 1 & 2 and Dead or Alive.

My favorite game has to be Jet Set Radio. Enough said, nothing more to say about it. It was and still is my favorite game, Great OST and good graphics back in the day.

But I also enjoy Majora's Mask and all of the Pokémon. Hell I love alot of games... so I can't really decide on a favorite... but JSR is definatlly one of my top five.

Lil_tankk

really i grew up playing nitendo supernitendo sega segadreamcast ps1 ps2  gameboy segaportibal wat ever was called and for like a year atari LOL many games i played even sum old pc games

Inquisitor Delo

For me, I started on my dad's N64 with Super Smash Bros and Star Wars Pod Racing. When I was in 1st Grade.

Next I got a Gamecube. Ah the Memories....
-Super Smash Bros Melee
-Super Mario Sunshine (my favorite when i was very young)
and Most importantly:
-Metroid Prime 1 and 2. Had the best time playing those.
=][= Exitus Acta Probat =][=

DuskKing

I went far into Pokémon at about the age of 4 when I got my first (bright yellow) Gameboy probably a mistake in the long term for my parents since that's what spawned my addiction to video games. I played Yellow / Red / Blue (in that order), Blue more so than the rest, until I got myself a Gameboy Color. From there it was Pokémon Gold, then came the SP which I played Emerald on. Lastly was the DS, probably 4-5 years ago now, which I played Pearl extensively on. I sorta quit at Gen 5 where the devs seem to be losing a little creativity on the design imo. I still mix and match their sprites for fun though, albeit, only up to Gen 4.

I literally only no consoles except a shitty computer so the majority of console gaming was spent at a couple of friends' houses. Of the mass of games we played, the only ones I remember are the two I enjoyed the most.

One was, justifiably, Super Smash Bros. Melee, which I was never able to beat my friend at, despite my best efforts. Favourite characters were Roy, Cpt. Falcon and Mewtwo, respectively. Got myself a Wii a year or so later (or whenever the hell they came out) and killed off weeks worth of hours in Super Smash Bros. Favourites being Meta Knight (until he got his ass banned from national standards) whereupon they became Toon Link, Lucario, and Falco, respectively.

The other game which another friend and I pulled so many all-nighters on was MechAssault. In specific, New River City. My fondest memories were of him posing as bait to lure the big ones in while I latched my tiny suit onto their backs and hacked them so they shut down. *Sigh* Good Times....

Bighead2496

The first game i ever played was Super smash bro. i for get which one when i was over my neighbors, The first game i ever own Zelda: the Wind Waker.