Main Menu

Static Wants YOU to contribute ideas to the map.. DO IT HERE!

Started by static2601, March 01, 2013, 12:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

static2601

Quote from: Nuro;8715I'll just make a list of suggestions and opinions:

• Change the central building roof's colour
Ive never seen this as an issue and I mostly play blue team. I dont think its necessary to change the color of the roof, I might redesign it soon anyways.

Quote• Remove the sentries from bases[/B]
These are still in here mostly for fun. I was planning on making them only activate for the owners of the base. I may also use them in a future idea i have. I may also reposition them or even downgrade them.

Quote• Make warp pipes easier to use[/B]
Ive seen this issue and had a plan to press a button like crouch and it will disable it for you, though im not sure if i could for just one person. I could however, have that command push the player down, but it could be abused if i dont do it correctly. As of right now, you can switch gravity to high then back to normal for your self to get unstuck from it. (!hlgravity) I think it is.

Quote• Fix haystacks/pipes affecting projectiles
[/B]
This has been like this from day one and yes they can be flagged to only work on clients and not projectiles, I may do that in the next map.

Quote• Have boats turn smoother[/B]
Func_tracktrains (boats, cars) is old and is buggy when you try to get them do work like cars, I can smooth the turns but may make a wider turn or might just bug out all together. Ill take a look at what I can do to smooth them out, though I dont think there is anyhting I can do about shots lagging when you shoot at someone.

Quote• ? blocks should have consistent packs[/B]
[/B]
I might do something with this later.

Quote[/B]• Reconsider top-world health and ammo packs[/B]
[/B]
I was planning on changing all full packs to meds or small and put them around more.

Quote[/B]• Remove cabinets from tunnels and middle building[/B]
[/B]
Cooldowns on the lockers was a project I was working on but have but a side. I will probably add triggers to all the lockers so when I get to it, I can have the plugin hook these triggers and use the cooldown effect.

Quote[/B]• Add ammo and health packs to the underground[/B]
[/B]
again, these will come in the future, when more tunnels and area are added.

Quote[/B]• Return the Minecraft room[/B]
[/B]
as much as people liked the Minecraft room/area, it was too big for the map, though I still plan on adding some type of minecraft area, it just has to be smaller. I made a big house in minecraft, but it was way too big, about 3 times bigger then the original mc room. Minecraft blocks use alot more brushes then any tf2 map and alot more surface area. It is pretty hard to find the line between the 2 area that valves engine can put up with. Anything more and it will lag and youll see errors cuz the engine cant do it all.

Quote[/B]• Redesign the tunnels[/B]
[/B]
I have already worked on adding tunnels off to the side you can take to avoid running down a long hallway just to have a sniper step out and kill you and your teammates. I agree these long sight lines make great sniper points and poor anything else, just a tunnel or death. So side tunnels will be added to break these up. The box room may be turned into something else, maybe a point to fight over or something fun, Im just not sure yet. The current tunnels were just for testing to see how people liked them that size and I never got around to really updating them or even optimizing them or the map so you dont get game lag. What the optimizations would do, for one, would break up the tunnels so not everything is drawn by the engine, only what your seeing or the tunnel your in. Right now, without optimizations, the entire playable map is being drawn by the game engine and puts a lot of strain on your system.

Quote[/B]• Adjust the speed tunnels for faster travel[/B]
[/B]
Im not sure how the winter map was better for speed tunnels, but I have plans for adding more ways to get above ground from the tunnels and vice versa. I will probably add more shorcuts and/or speed tunnels to areas around the map.

Quote[/B]• Make the entire map out of fire
[/B]
Lol Wut?! I could add a fire breathing dragon that sits on the middle building roof and burns players as they try and cross the map.

So with all that said, im not sure when ill get these updates out but when I do, ill try adding what I can. I will most likely add these acrossed a few map updates rather then one big one. Thanks for the ideas and keep them coming.

--- Update ---

Quote from: Nuro;8715I'll just make a list of suggestions and opinions:

• Change the central building roof's colour
Ive never seen this as an issue and I mostly play blue team. I dont think its necessary to change the color of the roof, I might redesign it soon anyways.

Quote• Remove the sentries from bases[/B]
These are still in here mostly for fun. I was planning on making them only activate for the owners of the base. I may also use them in a future idea i have. I may also reposition them or even downgrade them.

Quote• Make warp pipes easier to use[/B]
Ive seen this issue and had a plan to press a button like crouch and it will disable it for you, though im not sure if i could for just one person. I could however, have that command push the player down, but it could be abused if i dont do it correctly. As of right now, you can switch gravity to high then back to normal for your self to get unstuck from it. (!hlgravity) I think it is.

Quote• Fix haystacks/pipes affecting projectiles
[/B]
This has been like this from day one and yes they can be flagged to only work on clients and not projectiles, I may do that in the next map.

Quote• Have boats turn smoother[/B]
Func_tracktrains (boats, cars) is old and is buggy when you try to get them do work like cars, I can smooth the turns but may make a wider turn or might just bug out all together. Ill take a look at what I can do to smooth them out, though I dont think there is anyhting I can do about shots lagging when you shoot at someone.

Quote• ? blocks should have consistent packs[/B]
[/B]
I might do something with this later.

Quote[/B]• Reconsider top-world health and ammo packs[/B]
[/B]
I was planning on changing all full packs to meds or small and put them around more.

Quote[/B]• Remove cabinets from tunnels and middle building[/B]
[/B]
Cooldowns on the lockers was a project I was working on but have but a side. I will probably add triggers to all the lockers so when I get to it, I can have the plugin hook these triggers and use the cooldown effect.

Quote[/B]• Add ammo and health packs to the underground[/B]
[/B]
again, these will come in the future, when more tunnels and area are added.

Quote[/B]• Return the Minecraft room[/B]
[/B]
as much as people liked the Minecraft room/area, it was too big for the map, though I still plan on adding some type of minecraft area, it just has to be smaller. I made a big house in minecraft, but it was way too big, about 3 times bigger then the original mc room. Minecraft blocks use alot more brushes then any tf2 map and alot more surface area. It is pretty hard to find the line between the 2 area that valves engine can put up with. Anything more and it will lag and youll see errors cuz the engine cant do it all.

Quote[/B]• Redesign the tunnels[/B]
[/B]
I have already worked on adding tunnels off to the side you can take to avoid running down a long hallway just to have a sniper step out and kill you and your teammates. I agree these long sight lines make great sniper points and poor anything else, just a tunnel or death. So side tunnels will be added to break these up. The box room may be turned into something else, maybe a point to fight over or something fun, Im just not sure yet. The current tunnels were just for testing to see how people liked them that size and I never got around to really updating them or even optimizing them or the map so you dont get game lag. What the optimizations would do, for one, would break up the tunnels so not everything is drawn by the engine, only what your seeing or the tunnel your in. Right now, without optimizations, the entire playable map is being drawn by the game engine and puts a lot of strain on your system.

Quote[/B]• Adjust the speed tunnels for faster travel[/B]
[/B]
Im not sure how the winter map was better for speed tunnels, but I have plans for adding more ways to get above ground from the tunnels and vice versa. I will probably add more shorcuts and/or speed tunnels to areas around the map.

Quote[/B]• Make the entire map out of fire
[/B]
Lol Wut?! I could add a fire breathing dragon that sits on the middle building roof and burns players as they try and cross the map.

So with all that said, im not sure when ill get these updates out but when I do, ill try adding what I can. I will most likely add these acrossed a few map updates rather then one big one. Thanks for the ideas and keep them coming.

--- Update ---

Wish someone would fix these forums, Damn double post ^^ I cant edit it for some reason.

--- Update ---

Wish someone would fix these forums, Damn double post ^^ I cant edit it for some reason.

Nuro

The fire thing was because me and Mega were making jokes on Skype while I was typing it, and I said I'd insert it into the post.

I'd look into fixing the forums, but I sadly do not have access to them.

static2601

Im pretty sure php needs updated, maybe even vbulliten but i dont have access to the control panel.

Cajun Fox

Quote from: static2601;8729Ive never seen this as an issue and I mostly play blue team. I don't think its necessary to change the color of the roof, I might redesign it soon anyways.

This is ABSOLUTELY an issue, Red players are neigh(sp?)-invisible from above. The sooner you churn out that redesign, the better.

Also, to throw in my own 2 cents, the collision damage from the cars is just annoying. Probably one of the main reasons people swarm the tunnels is to avoid the stupid cars. Really, does anyone actually LIKE this feature?

drunkendan

I hate those cars because they are inconsistent. Sometimes they will kill me after a few seconds, sometimes they do nothing, sometimes they take away a chunk of my health. It is not fun.
will get an image soon maybe

Nuro

The cars are also very inconsistent in their damage. Sometimes they'll just push you, sometimes they do 15 damage after a while (or instantly), sometimes they flat out kill you... and sometimes that's even after a few seconds. They're also very effective at stealing kills due to this.

static2601

i put added those because i thought it would be better then getting stuck in the cars or stuck in the ground or dragged around the track, when you get hit. they didnt work as well as i planned and will probably remove them or do something diffrent with them.

Nuro

Quote from: drunkendan;9122I hate those cars because they are inconsistent. Sometimes they will kill me after a few seconds, sometimes they do nothing, sometimes they take away a chunk of my health. It is not fun.

I like how we said almost the same thing.

Tama

We need more marble collems, And Tigers with lighting bolts. (I'm not kidding)

leviathan

Quote from: Tama;9168We need more marble collems, And Tigers with lighting bolts. (I'm not kidding)

Brilliant.
To be truly sane, one must first be insane.

stewartlittle327

I guess to put my 2 cents in, since Nuro and others covered like buggy things and changes. But my 2 cents would be to change around or redo the posters and the lucky star billboard.

Change around the middle building maybe with less player stopping enteties, cause for someone running from somone and getting caught on it and dieing. x.x

Possible bigger spawn buildings so demos can't just sticky spawn trap.

Maybe a puzzle room of some sorta, don't know maybe for later date.

More passage ways underground and maybe a little darker lighting cause snipers, and revamp the disco if you keep it maybe to have like streamers and sparklers make it look like we are party like it 1984 :D

I also will say Minecraft room needs a return! I'ts been so long since i've seen a Minecraft room, also saying I remade the Minecraft house in Creative Mode in actual Minecraft,,,,,,3 times.

leviathan

I agree with the parts about bigger spawns and the minecraft room, however i have no opinion on the rest.

stewartlittle327

I'd actually wanna see people come up with more ideas for the above ground as laggy as it can be most of the time, it gives some want to go above ground cause it gets no love cause everyone goes below ground to base camp gets annoying and boring real fast for me, after like 10min of it i log off and go do something else cause its just not something i particularly like to see or do. Other then that i've pretty much said everything i can on my end.

Nuro

One reason I see people go to the underground is due to snipers. Very few people on the server understand the variety of tricks and shortcuts you can use with the map's geometry and layout. The low gravity and that there are also 100% health packs at the popular sniper spots doesn't help.

Another reason is that it is very easy to set up a decently fortified sentry camp in the tunnels, but it is impossible to do so above ground. Once you have a protected teleport in the tunnels near the enemy base everyone moves underground: the team with the camp are all using the teleporter while the other team are all trying (and often failing) to kill the camp. And now you have everyone back in the tunnels again.

It doesn't seem to cross people's minds that you can just ignore the sentry camp and stay above ground.

leviathan

Quote from: Nuro;9191
It doesn't seem to cross people's minds that you can just ignore the sentry camp and stay above ground.

That's an option?

stewartlittle327

Quote from: Nuro;9191One reason I see people go to the underground is due to snipers. Very few people on the server understand the variety of tricks and shortcuts you can use with the map's geometry and layout. The low gravity and that there are also 100% health packs at the popular sniper spots doesn't help.

I actually know for a fact that that it's true i only go sniper and scout above ground just for  open space and better places to jump. On the other hand your right snipers get annoying and everyone goes underground then you get others with mini sentries and full blown bases that are really hard to bust, so its a fight to figure out what to do good percent of the time.