Main Menu

Waiting ever so patiently...

Started by Turboplant, September 12, 2011, 03:53:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonMasterNYC

After testing out this pre-release I can't wait to see how the final version comes out.

That exp bug is hell, Humancatpost wanted to get rid of a spawner with TNT, blew himself up, dropped all his exp made me lag, I got poisoned by a spider, and died. It took me over 20 minutes worth of lag just to pick up all the items and exp left on the floor. I was running 280-320 fps until I started to pickup the exp up at 4-9 fps. Only thing we couldn't find was a stronghold.

It's a big update so it's worth the wait. Looks like they will at least need till mid week before all the connection, exp, and lag bugs are ironed out. One thing I will like after 1.8 we will have access to nightly builds so we will be able to watch the game grow.
God's in his Heaven. All's right with the world.

Trinity

I'm excited about 1.8. I have enjoyed the pre-release. DragonMaster is so right about the lag in that it takes forever to get sorted out. Thankfully the Minecraft scripting community has come together to temporarily fix bugs such as the exp bug and the furnace crash bug to tide us over until the release.
I don\'t poke the puppy. I poke the poopy.  

Inquisitor Delo

I've read that Jens will update the pre-release tomorrow, so hopefully most of the bugs and glitches of the pre-release will be dealt with. Its fun but for me at least i get saving chunks-screened every minute or so after i load a map.
=][= Exitus Acta Probat =][=

Soda

I don't have Minecraft, but I'm not poor or Irish. :)
Whoever snuck SCP-504 into the cafeteria kitchen is getting terminated. Those tomato slices are like fucking shuriken. - Dr. Blast

static2601

I too go a lot of lag when playing today. Hopefully this won't be in the official release. Also, I found a bug where it rains inside of your house. Screen shot below.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Bighead2496

Quote from: static2601;658I too go a lot of lag when playing today. Hopefully this won't be in the official release. Also, I found a bug where it rains inside of your house. Screen shot below.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Thats a very nice leaky roof you have there... be ashame if something were to happen to it.. SSSSSSSSSSSSSSssssssssssSSssSSssss

DragonMasterNYC

Ya I saw that too last night as well in a yogcast.

This is what Jeb is working on for the next pre-release:

Quote* SSP chunk memory leak
* Mineshaft density (half now)
* Increased stronghold count to 3 per map instead of one
* Furnace tile entity crash
* Crafting bench ghost items
* Vines (and leaves) crash in nether
* Use item animation in SMP (blocking and eating)
* Blocking in SMP
* Sprinting with right-click or sneaking
* Added some blocks to creative mode
* Fixed dropping items
* Nothing can be eaten in creative mode
* Enderman client-side problems
* Chicken and cow drop burned food
* Squids drop exp
* 1.7 worlds should get structures
* Farmlands rejecting melon and pumpkin seeds
* Bonemeal on melons and pumpkins
* Bonemeal on mushroom only works on dirt or grass
* Added item drops for cracked and mossy smooth stone brick
* Adjusted fog strength at low positions

Hopefully this means we can have a better test of whats going on in 1.8.

Turboplant

In the server I go to we have a "Mountain of Lag"

It is exactly what the name implies.

If you approach this mountain under any circumstances your frame rate drops to 3-6fps. We are uncertain if it is the mountain or something in-between the player and the ocean/river diving the two.

humancatpost

By the way, he also stated that he fixed the EXP glitch
There\'s a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life.

DragonMasterNYC

2nd per-release is up today, can't upload it to the test server or run it here, but I hope we have less problems. Just don't blow us up Human.