Main Menu

Help with installing Minecraft 1.9 Prerelease 3

Started by lulks, October 10, 2011, 08:20:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lulks

So I have been trying to install the newest prerelease for minecraft 1.9, but it does not work. When I replace the .jar file, I can start up the game, but if I try to make a new world, the client ends up crashing and I get left with a notepad file that says hs_err_pid(number). Can anyone help me with this?
"Veni, Vidi, Vici"

humancatpost

Try deleting your .minecraft folder and starting with a fresh 1.8.1 installation, then replace that jar with the 1.9_3 file.
There\'s a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life.

lulks

That is exactly what I did. Same thing happened again
"Veni, Vidi, Vici"

humancatpost

Are you using a Mac or a PC?  I've heard there have been problems with the pre-release on Macs.
There\'s a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life.

lulks

"Veni, Vidi, Vici"

humancatpost

Did pre-releases 1-2 work?  Because Jeb/Notch is going to release pre-release 4 in less than a week, so you could just wait for that one.

DragonMasterNYC

All crash errors should be checked against the errors reported on the wiki as well as the Minecraft forums. If you do find a solution for your problem post a link for others.
God's in his Heaven. All's right with the world.

lulks

I haven't tried the other prereleases.

--- Update ---

Nevermind, I got prerelease 4 today and it is working fine. Can someone please close this thread?
"Veni, Vidi, Vici"

DragonMasterNYC

Good to hear you got it working.

Thread Locked.
God's in his Heaven. All's right with the world.