Main Menu

Sniper Tournament

Started by Bighead2496, September 08, 2011, 07:59:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bighead2496

I noticed the server has been getting a bit boring, So i have an idea. Why dont we have an tournament for fun, and i guess it proves who of the sever is the best of the best. I can organize the whole thing. so here is the basic idea Two divisons:
Alpha Divsion- 1v1 sniper rounds
Omega Divsion- 2v2 sniper rounds

And their will be four different terrians for the rounds:
Clouds, skybox, underground, and main building

each round has three sub rounds: stock outload mode, sniper hide and seek, and a normal round of sniping with what ever sniper outload you wish.
you must win 2 of the 3 sub rounds to win the round.

if you want to join the tournament please fill the following out in a post:
TF2 Name:
Sniper load out:

That all i need to know. if you have any suggestions please send me a private message.
I will post a list of people who will be competeing. if you want to find a partner on the list for the 2v2 talk to the person and then post it on your partners name. and be sure to make it clear that you are partners.

I will be the offical judge and any judgments i make are final!

Soda

I'll enter.
Machina
SMG
Kukri

--- Update ---

Quote from: Bighead2496;500I noticed the server has been getting a bit boring, So i have an idea. Why dont we have an tournament for fun, and i guess it proves who of the sever is the best of the best. I can organize the whole thing. so here is the basic idea Two divisons:
Alpha Divsion- 1v1 sniper rounds
Omega Divsion- 2v2 sniper rounds

And their will be four different terrians for the rounds:
Clouds, skybox, underground, and main building

each round has three sub rounds: stock outload mode, sniper hide and seek, and a normal round of sniping with what ever sniper outload you wish.
you must win 2 of the 3 sub rounds to win the round.

if you want to join the tournament please fill the following out in a post:
TF2 Name:
Sniper load out:

That all i need to know. if you have any suggestions please send me a private message.
But what about the trolls that kill us in the middle?
Can admins Password protect the server for our tournament?
Whoever snuck SCP-504 into the cafeteria kitchen is getting terminated. Those tomato slices are like fucking shuriken. - Dr. Blast

Bighead2496

Quote from: Soda;504But what about the trolls that kill us in the middle?
Can admins Password protect the server for our tournament?

that why their are different times and places.
but im hoping to have an admin to watch over and kick people who troll us.

DragonMasterNYC

This would been best done on the weekend and Static must be advised before so that the server can be locked for the time needed.

You will also need to have at least 20 people to make it worth wild to lock the server.
God's in his Heaven. All's right with the world.

Bighead2496

thats why if it doesnt get very big i wont ask for the lock. but ill be advertising it and sending out invations to some of the forum members.

DragonMasterNYC

Quote from: Bighead2496;513thats why if it doesnt get very big i wont ask for the lock. but ill be advertising it and sending out invations to some of the forum members.
So be it.

See who you can get from the forums or the group and see where it goes.

Soda

<removed by Soda>
Whoever snuck SCP-504 into the cafeteria kitchen is getting terminated. Those tomato slices are like fucking shuriken. - Dr. Blast

DragonMasterNYC

Soda thank you for being the first to be given an infraction. Don't do this again, you have been warned.

leviathan

ill enter
Machina
Strange Jarate
Strange Bushwacka
To be truly sane, one must first be insane.

angrynewb

Machina
Tribalman's Shiv
Razorback

Inquisitor Delo

Bazaar Bargain
Darwins Danger Shield
Tribalman's Shiv

I was f2p when I first posted, but when I upgraded, I found a shiv and later traded my bushwacka.
=][= Exitus Acta Probat =][=

Flapjack

Ill enter
Strange sniper rife
Danger shield
Bushwacka
Nobody ever said their life was better without peter the cat.

Bighead2496

ok guys we currently have 5 people in this sniper tournement. i want atleast 5 more to accutally have it. but i need 15 more before i ask for the server to be locked for a day so we can hold it. so invite friends that play TF2 all i ask is that the register here and make a post so i can have the accounted for.

static2601

Ya know, i could just restrict classes to sniper only instead of locking the server. This would be much better. i would also make a motd the popped up explaining what is going on. I could also load plugins such as headshot only you you wanted.

Bighead2496

Quote from: static2601;663Ya know, i could just restrict classes to sniper only instead of locking the server. This would be much better. i would also make a motd the popped up explaining what is going on. I could also load plugins such as headshot only you you wanted.
That would be great. but i want to make sure i get enought people to be in the sniper tournement cause i might get a prize like a stange sniper rifle.

DragonMasterNYC

Quote from: Bighead2496;667That would be great. but i want to make sure i get enought people to be in the sniper tournement cause i might get a prize like a stange sniper rifle.
Makes me want to play in there, but do to Minecraft 1.8 and the servers I don't have the time.

Bighead2496

Quote from: DragonMasterNYC;671Makes me want to play in there, but do to Minecraft 1.8 and the servers I don't have the time.
well i havent come up with a date so i think we can make it work for you.

DragonMasterNYC

Quote from: Bighead2496;673well i havent come up with a date so i think we can make it work for you.
Well it's going to be a wile off till I'm going to be in TF2. Testing 1.8 is taking a lot of time since others seem to have more problems then me, could just be my setup.

Bighead2496

Quote from: DragonMasterNYC;689Well it's going to be a wile off till I'm going to be in TF2. Testing 1.8 is taking a lot of time since others seem to have more problems then me, could just be my setup.
ok well its all good even if it doesnt work out if this goes well ill be planning more of these events.

mmalingo

gun=the machina 2=darwin's danger shield and the bushwavka
hat=party hat bage=soldier of fortune
and i am a grate sniper
o_O

Turboplant

Quote from: mmalingo;698gun=the machina 2=darwin's danger shield and the bushwavka
hat=party hat bage=soldier of fortune
and i am a grate sniper
o_O

Heh, be ready to put your money where your mouth is. ;D

Bighead2496

Quote from: Turboplant;699Heh, be ready to put your money where your mouth is. ;D
you say that yet you are not going to take part. Unless... are you considering on joinng?

Turboplant

Quote from: Bighead2496;700you say that yet you are not going to take part. Unless... are you considering on joinng?
Nope, my forte is Medic.

Bighead2496

Quote from: Turboplant;709Nope, my forte is Medic.
Anyone can Snipe, and with enought practice anyone can be a expert sniper.

DragonMasterNYC

Quote from: Bighead2496;710Anyone can Snipe, and with enought practice anyone can be a expert sniper.
It's true anyone can snipe, but some people don't like to take the time to wait for others to come into view, they just want to blast everyone. I only do it because I'm swift with my movements and I know where my mark will be. It took a lot of time to train myself, since each game has different mechanics.