Main Menu

Re-supply cool down. It's needed

Started by Tama, September 13, 2012, 12:49:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tama

How many times have you tried to kill someone only to have them bitch out and hump a supply cabnit? All of us had to deal with this and none of us should, The resupply cabinets should all have a cool-down, A minute or so plus. It's really annoying to see someone just hump the cabinets all the time and boast how they kill you after they do.

Tetra

Sounds good to me, I am sure many will be happy to not have people running away to their health cabinets, it will make engineers dispensers more worth while. I SAY WE POLL to have that DONE! Well a tleast with a cool down, it will be more of necessary refill of health, and allow medics to do their jobs a bit more.

lulks

I feel that this is completely necessary.
"Veni, Vidi, Vici"

leviathan

Maybe if it was a 30 second cooldown, because i don't like having to suicide to change my loadout.
To be truly sane, one must first be insane.

Tama

Quote from: leviathan;6392Maybe if it was a 30 second cooldown, because i don't like having to suicide to change my loadout.

30 seconds seems manageable, I threw the minute cool down as an example.

static2601

how do you plan on doing this? I don't think its a good idea to make it a rule, since it will be impossible to enforce it. It might be possible with a plugin. Look up hook event on player resupply or whatever. Actually i think you can modify the cabinets since hhh or whatever locks them, but id have to look into it.

Soda

Is it possible to make it able to resupply only after you've killed the played that damaged you last? Because I resupply only when I've killed the guy.
Whoever snuck SCP-504 into the cafeteria kitchen is getting terminated. Those tomato slices are like fucking shuriken. - Dr. Blast

static2601

i think what be better if you slowly got the health and immediatly got the hats and loadout changes. Or maybe even move the cabinets to the upper spawn.

Silent Muffin

I can not recommend doing this highly enough.
Caring, Giving, even Delicious ^_^
Be Sure to pick up your VERY OWN Santa Muffin while they\'re on Sale! It makes a GREAT holiday gift for the ones you care about, as well as proves to them that they\'re actually worth something in life! (Seriously, some people have that problem). Hurry Though! As we only have a limited amount, and will only be on sale until Christmas!
ORDER NOW!!!!

Soda

Quote from: static2601;6396i think what be better if you slowly got the health and immediatly got the hats and loadout changes. Or maybe even move the cabinets to the upper spawn.
That can work. Only stump I see is if you move it up a level of the building then they can just camp.
Whoever snuck SCP-504 into the cafeteria kitchen is getting terminated. Those tomato slices are like fucking shuriken. - Dr. Blast

monkalicious666

I Agree with soda. That would just encourage people to stay in the trigger_hurt area.
As I bear the darkness into battle, my suffering becomes my strength.

RyeGye101

Meh, I myself dont find it THAT annoying. Usually I'm stuck in a sticky situation underground, so I'd run to a resupply cabinet underground, and if someone was on my tail, I'd just hide until they left me alone

WELCOME TO SKULL FUCK CENTRAL!!!! Do you get the reference?

leviathan

Quote from: RyeGye101;6462Meh, I myself dont find it THAT annoying. Usually I'm stuck in a sticky situation underground, so I'd run to a resupply cabinet underground, and if someone was on my tail, I'd just hide until they left me alone

Which is why it should be changed.

static2601

i could make a plugin that puts a delay on getting health so if you touched the cabinet, you'd have to wait there for say 3 seconds before you got anything. this would require me to take away the func_regenerate from the lockers and put in trigger_multiple containing the command to run my plugin that will wait until your touching it long enough before regenerating your health and loadout. I might be able to make some kind of info like a hud that shows your progress. (think of left 4 dead when you use a medikit). Maybe not exactly like that but similar.

leviathan

RyeGye101

the thing is.. once you reach a Resupply, it opens then it takes a minute for it to close, and you cant regenerated health until it closes again. and its possible to kill someone when this happens

WELCOME TO SKULL FUCK CENTRAL!!!! Do you get the reference?

lulks

A minute? More like 3 seconds. The cool-down does need to be longer.
"Veni, Vidi, Vici"

static2601

I might start working on something soon. Ill see if it would be possible to put a wait on using them, they shouldnt just give them to you since you have to open them, get out what you want and use it so.. ill take a look at it tommorrow.