Main Menu

Ugh... soo tired of mario.

Started by static2601, September 14, 2011, 07:59:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

static2601

Getting tired of Mariokart? wondering if there will ever be something else thats not mariokart? Well, I'm planning on getting another server to run maps that are non-mario and have an objective to them. I'd like to add some maps that I've made like the Statis map I'm working and some others, maybe tf2 stocks. I won't be getting rid of the mariokart server, just adding another one to have fun on. You can post your thoughts on this here.:D

Flapjack

I think it would be great static
Nobody ever said their life was better without peter the cat.

Inquisitor Delo

Sounds great. Maybe include the possiblity of map rotations and voting when and what to rotate?
=][= Exitus Acta Probat =][=

Bighead2496

maybe an all minecraft world with enderman entities?

Soda

How about Vietna- uhh... I mean A Portal map! A place where portals wouldn't feel out of place!
Whoever snuck SCP-504 into the cafeteria kitchen is getting terminated. Those tomato slices are like fucking shuriken. - Dr. Blast

Turboplant

Sounds like a plan. Having a custom map would be fun. I'm not really so disenchanted with Mario Kart that I wouldn't like to see a MK payload, or a MK KotH, though.

Whatever you do is cool, we'll be here to give feedback.

static2601

I want to add map rotation and/or map voting. i have some maps I've never finished i could i could finish and add, at least three. And if anyone has a map, i could through it in there too.

DragonMasterNYC

Makes me wish I could export from UDK to hammer.

Maybe you can add a few things from those concept maps, the ones you used to test a few intricate machines, into one of the new maps.
God's in his Heaven. All's right with the world.

humancatpost

Minecraft ravine.  A base lies in the rocks on opposite sides of the ravine, deep inside an abandoned mineshaft.  Glowing purple eyes can be seen watching you from the darkness.  Plus lava and water falls and maybe even a central ruin!
There\'s a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life.

Turboplant

Quote from: humancatpost;768Minecraft ravine.  A base lies in the rocks on opposite sides of the ravine, deep inside an abandoned mineshaft.  Glowing purple eyes can be seen watching you from the darkness.  Plus lava and water falls and maybe even a central ruin!

Seconded.

DragonMasterNYC

Quote from: humancatpost;768Minecraft ravine.  A base lies in the rocks on opposite sides of the ravine, deep inside an abandoned mineshaft.  Glowing purple eyes can be seen watching you from the darkness.  Plus lava and water falls and maybe even a central ruin!
Now that creative mode is here I think I'm gonna give him that concept map I was talking about, payload anyone.

static2601

Quote from: DragonMasterNYC;792Now that creative mode is here I think I'm gonna give him that concept map I was talking about, payload anyone.
Yea if i was gonna make a minecraft map, id go with payload. Catpost's idea isnt bad but i just don't have a whole lot of time anymore. This map he talks about would take a lot of time and patience. A ravine would be cool to push the cart up through and might try it if i get a chance. Any other mappers are welcome to submit maps youve made to maybe use in a map.

humancatpost

@static2601
Okay, but I wanna see some 1.8
There\'s a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life.

Soda

2 words: Blimp Bomber (that drops nukes)
Whoever snuck SCP-504 into the cafeteria kitchen is getting terminated. Those tomato slices are like fucking shuriken. - Dr. Blast

DragonMasterNYC

Quote from: static2601;801Yea if i was gonna make a minecraft map, id go with payload. Catpost's idea isnt bad but i just don't have a whole lot of time anymore. This map he talks about would take a lot of time and patience. A ravine would be cool to push the cart up through and might try it if i get a chance. Any other mappers are welcome to submit maps youve made to maybe use in a map.
How about a 1024x1024 Block area with a ravine running right through it, if a stronghold is found it makes it even better.

If anything we can all work on it in the drop.

Turboplant

Quote from: Soda;8092 words: Blimp Bomber (that drops nukes)
We've been there before, it was agreed that it wouldn't work.

humancatpost

Well, since you all wanted minecraft or a portal map, Static has finally begun working on a map.  And the map is... completely based on Pizza!  Thanks for all the input guys, it was a long road, but we got through it. If you are asking yourself "My good sir, why has he gone with this marvelous idea for a pizza map design?", the only true answer came from static himself this morning, and the answer is, "I was hungry."

Turboplant

Quote from: Turboplant;823We've been there before, it was agreed that it wouldn't work.
Mother of god.

humancatpost

Quote from: Turboplant;842Mother of god.

Did you, by any chance, just quote yourself?

Turboplant

Quote from: humancatpost;843Did you, by any chance, just quote yourself?

Lol yeah! I'm used to the Reply w/ Quote being on top of each post, not under.

Soda

Quote from: Turboplant;823We've been there before, it was agreed that it wouldn't work.
How could it not work? Everyone likes Fallout รข€‹Right?

DragonMasterNYC

Quote from: Turboplant;854Lol yeah! I'm used to the Reply w/ Quote being on top of each post, not under.
Happens to people that use other forum systems.

I'll tell you one thing the Pizza map looks so tasty, makes me wanna have a slice.

static2601

Quote from: DragonMasterNYC;875Happens to people that use other forum systems.

I'll tell you one thing the Pizza map looks so tasty, makes me wanna have a slice.
Uhm, what? I never made the Pizza map. I drew a flat cylinder, then scrapped it.

DragonMasterNYC

Quote from: static2601;878Uhm, what? I never made the Pizza map. I drew a flat cylinder, then scrapped it.
You just had to kill it.

Soda

Quote from: static2601;878Uhm, what? I never made the Pizza map. I drew a flat cylinder, then scrapped it.
Make a Sanvich or Dalakohs Bar map :D