Main Menu

My Opinion of Remote

Started by John Sanguinis-Lac, January 13, 2013, 09:54:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Sanguinis-Lac

Hey guys, I just want to get everyone's opinions of remote. I personally hate remote and wish it was removed from the server. Just think of how you feel when your on that fifteen kill streak and suddenly a moving sentry comes up and totally destroys that. Some of you might say "But couldn't a regular non-remoting engineer just come place a sentry in front of or behind you and accomplish the same thing?". Well that is true but I'd say it requires quiet a bit more skill and finesse to do that than just was and d'ing with a sentry gun. For one you would have time to destory the sentry gun while the engineer was building it and if the engineer tried to ninja a sentry behind you, you would have time to turn around and attempt to destory it or run away from it when you hear it start building. When people remote you there is no build time so it's just suddenly sentry and your dead. I know some say this is supposed to be a fun server and removing remote would take away part of the fun people can have, but the truth is, most people utterly despise remote and it makes the server a whole lot less fun when people are able to use it. This is all just one opinion though, I'd like to hear yours and possibly it could be removed. Thanks for reading.

Tama

Quote from: John Sanguinis-Lac;7722I personally hate remote and wish it was removed from the server. I'd like to hear yours and possibly it could be removed. Thanks for reading.

Two things
1. I hate Remote as well, It's very annoying because of ragenineers camping in spawn and remoting their sentrys to get kills
2. Your going to have to ask Static on that. Personally I would love to see it removed.

Poke yo face

As lame a fix as this is you could just remote a sentry yourself when that happens I personally mainly use remote when people are friendly and i remote other non-lethal buildings

Dapeep12

I would honestly love it if the command was removed.

static2601

What if I made it so you couldn't use remote while in the spawns? This shouldnt be hard.

John Sanguinis-Lac

I think that is a fantastic compromise if you could make is possible :)

Dapeep12

Or as long as you are in the base no remote.

static2601

Well it would only be the upper part of spawn since ill be hooking the trigger kill to "ontouching" which is spread over the entire upstairs. At least this would keep them from hiding and being killed. If that doesn't work, I got some other ideas that might.

--- Update ---

Well, here's an update. I've been working on, well more testing to see how I could tie a function to the trigger_kill zone in the upper spawn and found out that I will have to figure out how to clear the properties of it and add a script to handle the killing of players when they enter. If i can do this, then I can add a function to disable remote in the spawn and I probably also do the same with the health lockers, add a delay like some of us have talked about. If nothing else, I can put out a map update thats needed anyways and change whatever I need to in it to accept the code. Everything would run as usual, even when the plugin is not loaded or sourcemods are down. I will keep you posted on the progress, hopefully ill have something by the weekend or sooner.

--- Update ---

another update. Ive been working with Sourcepawn alot to get these to work and found out I can tie code to the trigger_hurts but having a problem with hooking code to it. Same with the supply lockers. I will have to manually add the triggers in the map and put out an update, then hook the triggers i added and add the code to it. So ill be updating the map with the most recent tunnels and the triggers for the no remote in spawns and the resupply lockers, along with some other little stuff. So maybe by next week this will all be implemented, at least a new map update.

Poke yo face

well i must say i'm looking forward to that

Okami Amaterasu

Or just disable remote minisentries entirely.