Main Menu

Feelings on !remote?

Started by monkalicious666, September 04, 2012, 08:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkalicious666

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm kinda getting a bit tired of people raging, going engineer, then spamming remote sentries. Getting dominated by a remoted Lv3 sentry from an asshole that's hiding in their base so they don't get killed is complete bull to me. So what do y'all think?
As I bear the darkness into battle, my suffering becomes my strength.

Silent Muffin

Just another reason I don't play TF2 much at all anymore... People are always Ragey and quick to insult you and play extremely cheaply...
Caring, Giving, even Delicious ^_^
Be Sure to pick up your VERY OWN Santa Muffin while they\'re on Sale! It makes a GREAT holiday gift for the ones you care about, as well as proves to them that they\'re actually worth something in life! (Seriously, some people have that problem). Hurry Though! As we only have a limited amount, and will only be on sale until Christmas!
ORDER NOW!!!!

static2601

Nah remote has been on the server since day one and I don't have any negative feelings on it. Though some rules could be added or the plugin could be modified if needed. Just because a couple people abuse it, doesnt mean it should be taken off. Well that's my opinion.

Inquisitor Delo

I've done this on occasion(ME, not my brother),  mainly because I felt like it or I just wanted to fuck around, but I've never rage used it. Besides, the sentry is a little easy to get to if you're a spy, so the risks are tangible.
=][= Exitus Acta Probat =][=

Soda

Its pretty easy to go up and sap the sentry and if he's in the base just be demo and shoot grenades up. The only con I see is that some griefers use it to make you teleport into a wall or something and that's definately annoying.
Whoever snuck SCP-504 into the cafeteria kitchen is getting terminated. Those tomato slices are like fucking shuriken. - Dr. Blast

lulks

Mini sentries+ remote= Cheapest move ever.
"Veni, Vidi, Vici"

Soda

Yep. I only use that to get backat cheap players, such as bunny hopping Soldiers or W+M1 pyro.
Whoever snuck SCP-504 into the cafeteria kitchen is getting terminated. Those tomato slices are like fucking shuriken. - Dr. Blast

monkalicious666

I wasn't asking for it to be removed, I use it to stack my buildings personally I was just seeing how other people felt about it.

leviathan

It wouldn't be so bad, if there was a limit on the range it could be used.
To be truly sane, one must first be insane.

Tetra

I love playing with it, I used to rage with it, but I mainly mess around with it now and for an occasional trolling. However, I do hate when others do it,

monkalicious666

That's what I was gonna say is maybe add a cool down time if possible like sprint has, or something to that effect.

tman

I used remote once to put a sentry on a moving car.  It was funny

--- Update ---

Quote from: tman;6341I used remote once to put a sentry on a moving car.  It was funny
the main reason I use remote is to try to pull that off again.  It's quite difficult.

static2601

lol did you just quote your self? I could make it you can only use it one per life.

Soda

Tama

Quote from: static2601;6351lol did you just quote your self? I could make it you can only use it one per life.

That works