Main Menu

Tekkit

Started by Chipawok, October 12, 2012, 04:54:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chipawok

I could have sworn I already made a post about this, but nevertheless... Our minecraft world needs Tekkit. Tekkit may be one of the greatest modpacks ever to be created, containing not only build and industrial craft, equivalent exchange and many other mods, but it has its own easy to use launcher for both client and server. If it weren't for my shit laptop, I would be completely willing to host a server, but unfortunately I am unable to. I strongly suggest that the UA have a Tekkit server or world already on our rpg server. I know that I would spend quite a bit of time building factories unattainable in our basically vanilla game. The pack also contains a store system as well, so if we get it we could have a sort of economy system that I know I have been looking forward to for quite some time.

Hopefully other members agree with this, I for one would greatly look forward to this being an addition to the game.
I still sign because of Peer Pressure...

leviathan

The tekkit thing seems like a good idea, but it is completely broken for me.
To be truly sane, one must first be insane.

Inquisitor Delo

Quote from: Chipawok;6598I could have sworn I already made a post about this, but nevertheless... Our minecraft world needs Tekkit. Tekkit may be one of the greatest modpacks ever to be created, containing not only build and industrial craft, equivalent exchange and many other mods, but it has its own easy to use launcher for both client and server. If it weren't for my shit laptop, I would be completely willing to host a server, but unfortunately I am unable to. I strongly suggest that the UA have a Tekkit server or world already on our rpg server. I know that I would spend quite a bit of time building factories unattainable in our basically vanilla game. The pack also contains a store system as well, so if we get it we could have a sort of economy system that I know I have been looking forward to for quite some time.

Hopefully other members agree with this, I for one would greatly look forward to this being an addition to the game.

I cannot agree with this enough.

The main reason I have not been on the RPG server is because I recently got the Technic Launcher, and I've been playing that ever since.

I think it would be a great idea to have a Tekkit server.

(But please, no ICBM mod. The map will end up a cratered hell.)
=][= Exitus Acta Probat =][=

Chipawok

In my honest opinion, I think that the rpg server we have right now has been over played too much. We already found both the stronghold and mushroom biome, conquered the end, and built nearly everything possible while still in survival mode. Why not create a new world with Tekkit, so we can start anew with all of its unlimited potential, and turn out old rpg world into the new creative mode. That way no one losses any of their builds, can still build more, but can have a fresh start with Tekkit? We do need a new creative world...
I still sign because of Peer Pressure...

DragonMasterNYC

Server is near it's upper limits with the plugins we have now. I would like to switch to something else to get the server back down to add stuff like this. My only problem with now is working out the worlds, it's not easy to separate everything right now. Then there is removing unneeded mods from the server, it may by Halloween if I find better plugins.
God's in his Heaven. All's right with the world.

lulks

I don't really support tekkit anymore, but the ftb modpack has similar mods, and they are completely supported by the modders. Frankly, the tekkit developers don't give two shits about the mod developers. The FTB modpack is not out yet, but it will have a launcher (from what I know so far).

http://feed-the-beast.com/

Here is the link to the pack.
"Veni, Vidi, Vici"

Inquisitor Delo

Quote from: lulks;6634Frankly, the tekkit developers don't give two shits about the mod developers.

Cant hear this over the sound of me launching antimatter and sonic missiles bringing ruin to my worlds.
=][= Exitus Acta Probat =][=