Main Menu

should pyros have unlimited jet pack?

Started by MR.YUM YUMS, June 17, 2012, 04:03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MR.YUM YUMS

So I came across a discovery wile playing pyro on the UA's TF2 DM Mariokart map and we were fighting outside and i realized my jetpack wouldnt go down, so i thought that this was a glitch and kept spamming the jet pack. Later I realized that the pyro had been given unlimited jetpack. This gets annoying somethimes when we actually start playing outside and theres at least one pyro going around spamming the jet pack and when i do do damage to him he runs away out of my range, unless im a sniper but even then hitting him is very difficult. Dont get me wrong i dont mind jet pack its just annoying when a pyro outside spams it, and i think it incurages us to just stay in the tunnels more. so what do you guys think?
Hell shalth have no fury like mine

static2601

pyros are supposed to be set to have twice the fuel as other players, not unlimited. It might be a bug.

--- Update ---

I've fixed it I think.

Flapjack

Oh static did you make the jetpack only go for 15 seconds now? because i feel that the jetpack goes down quicker.
Nobody ever said their life was better without peter the cat.

MR.YUM YUMS

oh ok it might be just a bug thanks again static
Hell shalth have no fury like mine

Tetra

Oh wow, I've never noticed unlimited jetpack pyro's flying around. Even when I was a pyro I did not notice a longer fuel supply, oh so that's why I felt other classes having less fuel well at least this makes using the jetpack less abusively used and more efficient!

Codbarley

I think pyros should have unlim or at least a larger fuel supply to counteract snipers. after it was fixed, pyro became a useless class on the surface for me again.

leviathan

Quote from: Codbarley;4823I think pyros should have unlim or at least a larger fuel supply to counteract snipers. after it was fixed, pyro became a useless class on the surface for me again.

Then maybe you should try a better class.
To be truly sane, one must first be insane.

Flapjack

Quote from: leviathan;4863Then maybe you should try a better class.
He can't he can only play with the secert pyro cheat ( W+ M1)

--- Update ---

and only with a back burner.

Codbarley

I only use the backburner to kill other faggots being cheap flapjack. most of the time Iuse the degreaser and flare gun or degreaser and reserve shooter. Pyro is just as good a class as any other and there are plenty of ways to counteract the flames. you people whine about it too much. the point is, without having even slightly more jetpack than the snipers, they can just jetpack away when you attack them and you already used like half your jetpack to get up to wherever they are perched so you run out and they get away. its low grav so its not extremely hard to pick an incoming pyro out of the sky. please give pyros more jetpack?

DuskKing

Well as much as it kills me to say this, I agree that Pyros should have some form of balance on the surface. Unlimited? No. That would just rain hell down on whoever went above ground ever again, but a boosted jetpack? Sure why not. I know from experience that it's actually not that hard to pick off jetpackers, under the assumption you're on solid ground. The other reason would be because people are simply dead in the air if they're in the air when the jetpack wears off, which happens far too often.
I'm for them having an added jetpack, not unlimited. It may be annoying as hell when you get flamed from behind (especially with the backburner) while you're trying to line up a shot, but my advice is this: don't let yourself become seen. I've been through enough by now to know that most of the shots you need to take can just as easily be accomplished from the ground instead of somewhere readily viewable by others, such as the clouds, ships, ledges, or building tops. All you have to do is adapt your playing style to the opponents you're up against. Works like a charm :)

leviathan

I think they should have a normal jetpack because its not that hard to get snipers you just need to go through blocks and tunnels until you're under the sniper your trying to get then jetpack up there and surprise them and if they jetpack away they would die shortly after from flames and if they run to a health kit just try to get to it before them its really easy to do.

/ And switching classes is always an option.

Codbarley

But by the time he lands and goes for a med kit, im out of jetpack is what ium saying. god read my post.

static2601

The way it was supposed to be set up, the pyro was supposed to consume fuel 2x less then other classes and the heavy would consume 2x more then other classes. With the unlimited fuel bug, i had to make it comsume the same as other classes. I can probably double the amount of fuel and change all classes to 2, pyros at one and heavy at 4. this should keep it the same as it should of been.

Flapjack

static2601

Quote from: Flapjack;4881could i change my vote?
NO! You had your chance.

--- Update ---

Ok, I've doubled the fuel and changed all classes to consume fuel at the rate of 2, except pyro, rate 1 and heavy, rate 4 (cause hes heavy as fuck). This should only make the pyros consume less then other classes. It should be the same as before, but pyro using less.

leviathan

Quote from: Codbarley;4876But by the time he lands and goes for a med kit, im out of jetpack is what ium saying. god read my post.

That is what sprint is for and if i could catch a sniper running away as a heavy using only a melee above ground i am quite sure a pyro could.

/And no you said run away not go for a medkit.

Codbarley

dude if he used jetpack to get away he went somewhere where you cant get to just by sprinting duh.

leviathan

That is why you don't just spam jetpack like a tard you use it in bursts and go through cloud portals to drop onto them
and then when they run out of fuel you sprint in to finish them off.

static2601

i see alot of people just type +jetpack in chat and that uses up it all at once. You should bind it and use it in moderation.

DuskKing

This is true - one cannot simply run like hell away from a very dangerous very well known fist wielding heavy when one can't use jetpack in moderation and it's evident where one would usually be going. Take him on a mixed up detour and then disappear when he thinks he has you :) This strategy has mixed results and sometimes also works well for the Pyro, under the assumption you can stay out of range of its' flamethrower.

DamonRageDevil

I think that the jetpack should remain the same. Sure the pyros will get whooped outside by snipers, but as close range in the tunnels, the world has turned. Also, jetpack wasn't always around and with the exception of flying boats and teleporting cloud portraits and frogs, the game was played relatively normally as designed by Valve. I like the jetpack but it's not necessary to get things done. So no, i don't think we should increase pyro jetpack. I think we should open up deep pits and throw all pyros into hell. But thats not what this is about.
Still Norwegian, still...err...something that rhymes with Norwegian.

Flapjack

Quote from: DamonRageDevil;4959I think that the jetpack should remain the same. Sure the pyros will get whooped outside by snipers, but as close range in the tunnels, the world has turned. Also, jetpack wasn't always around and with the exception of flying boats and teleporting cloud portraits and frogs, the game was played relatively normally as designed by Valve. I like the jetpack but it's not necessary to get things done. So no, i don't think we should increase pyro jetpack. I think we should open up deep pits and throw all pyros into hell. But thats not what this is about.
Wheres your small letters now tiny baby man ? :3