Main Menu

Legally recognize Westboro Baptist Church as a hate group.

Started by Bighead2496, January 09, 2013, 03:33:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bighead2496

I normally wouldn't post something like this but it kinda hits close to home. Some of you may know about who the Westboro Baptist Church are. I'm not going to go into much detail. but basically they are a group who protest people of other religion, sexual orientations and anyone who opposes them. if you would like examples just youtube it. But one of the things they do is protest military funerals. and not because the soldier was gay, or Jewish. they protest funerals because they think its god punishing america for us allowing different religions and different sexual orientations. the also tried to demonstrate at the funeral of sandy hook victims. anyway small story short. These people are just cause grief for everyone and may very well be the most hated family in america.

There is a petition on the white house site that is to legally make WBC a  hate group. now do i think it will happen? No do i think our President should be made more aware of it? yes. so all im asking is that you sign this petition i did it in like 5 minutes. anyway here the link:
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/legally-recognize-westboro-baptist-church-hate-group/DYf3pH2d

Thanks in advance.
                           Bighead2496

Dapeep12

Bighead2496

Lol they don't represent. Christians or the Baptist denomination. They are a sad cult of backwards people.

Trinity

As a Christian they don't represent me. All one has to do is read their website to know they fall into the "wolf in sheep clothing" that the Bible talks about. Anyway, I have a problem with this petition. Why you ask? I see it as a slippery slope. When we start declaring certain groups as hate groups then what is to stop other less outspoken groups as hate groups? What if someone decided they don't like what a group your in does or believes and try to declare it a hate group. As much as I abhor these guys I believe in freedom of speech even when it is hateful and vile. The U.S. Supreme Court did the right thing in upholding protesting as freedom of speech.  But I also believe states and communities have a right to make laws that protects funerals but still allows these people to protest at a specific time and place. Protest two hours before or two hours after a funeral from two blocks away is a win for all. They can protest and families can have their funeral in peace.  And I love when bikers show up and block funerals from these idiots. Know what I love even more? When people mess with these guys such as blocking them in parking spaces and flattening tires so they can't show up.
I don\'t poke the puppy. I poke the poopy.  

DamonRageDevil

Religion in general has always caused problems, and frankly, i just do my best to stay out of the way. So i suppose I'm being contradictory by posting this.
Still Norwegian, still...err...something that rhymes with Norwegian.

Bighead2496

Trin i see where your coming from, and i understand and respect that. its not what they believe that i care about. its how the choose to convey there message. I understand more than most why they are allowed to do that. but they are hurting people thats what makes them a hate group. not just because they are anti Gay, Anti other religions. its the actions taken to convey the message. protesting funerals of something comparatively unrelated to their cause. Trin normally i would 100% agree with you. but given they just protested a funeral or a fallen FF in my county. i guess you can say i'm not unbiased.

Trinity

Damon, it's not the religion that's the problem. It's the people. After all religious groups are made up of all kinds of people.  And sometimes those people can just be batshit crazy.

I agree with you Bighead on how they chose to get their message out. They are some of the biggest attention whores I've seen. All they care about is having an audience. They certainly don't care about people's feelings. They even protested in Connecticut at some of the children's funerals. Now that makes these people a special kind of asshole. I guarantee you when Grandpa Phelps dies there's going to be some partying going on.  It's a shame that laws to protect funerals have to even be passed just to protect those who are mourning.

Bighead2496

The worst part about it is trin. Those laws were struck the the supreme court. But given recent event I'm in full support of anonymous's. Plane of action against WBC and when daddy Phelps dies I want to go to his funeral not to protest(because there will probably be plenty of that. No I'm going to watch as the funeral and just watch it unfold. I want to see how the react. Cause they dug that hole themselves.

Trinity

Oh I loved it when Anonymous got a hold of them. That was just epic.

Tetra

I know who they are, and they should be labeled as a hate group.

Inquisitor Delo

I was watching my twitter feed as the Connecticut funerals were held. What anon did was great. Calling their hotel rooms endlessly, hijacking one or two of the phelp's twitter accounts, filing a death certificate for Shirley Phelps. It was interesting, all while making sure to respect the members of the city-since they were, after all, mourning.

Overall, In a way, I think it was a bit like a publicity stunt with what they did.

Anyway, yes I'm all actions that will limit the impact of their cultist protests. Like infiltrating their masses with signs that say completely contradictory things. That would be something to see.

(Post 100 get)
=][= Exitus Acta Probat =][=

Tetra

Okami Amaterasu

Okay, nobody panic. Anonymous is going to take care of everything.

tman

Bighead2496

actually i don't, unless there is some sorta conspiracy angle i might be missing.

Lil_tankk

This group thinks they know everything we whent overbuy in ventrilo with cold dragon and trinity we agreed they are idiots that what money this was back when they said that the world was going to end on forgot what month and the fail and wasted over millions

Bighead2496

Ok thanks for clarifying. ill be in vent more often once i fix my stuff

Lil_tankk

Okami Amaterasu

I don't believe that the Baptist church even exists. Their actions and beliefs are just too absurd to take seriously.

Sent from a tapatalk apk that I downloaded for free. Crap, shouldn't have told you that.

Berry

Let's get something straight. I don't personally care about your religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or race. I don't even care about anything past that, but if you're a hateful asshole then you're a hateful asshole and I will openly slam you and dislike you. Westboro Baptist Church is an organization of hateful assholes that gets off on nothing more then exploiting exclusive passages of a religious text that has a lot of personal significance and is sacred for a lot of people. I respect that they have the right to believe what they will, but disrespecting and harassing the families of the passed men and women who have served and protected America is simply disgusting. I don't agree with what the government or military do a lot of the time, but they still lay their lives down and WBC has absolutely no right to harass their innocent families. They need to be listed as a hate group.
Some dumb kid trying to kid myself that I\'ve got my sh*t together.

tman

And now I've heard that they will be protesting the Boston funerals.  It makes me sick that they will be doing this to my hometown.

Lil_tankk

WBC should be shutdown now and for good but we have the legion to pick on them so we sit back and watch a bunch of teens destroy them

We are a legion