Main Menu

Minecraft 1.9 Pre-release

Started by DragonMasterNYC, September 22, 2011, 10:32:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonMasterNYC

Mojang is moving fast to get the next release out. So just like last time we have another pre-release from Jeb this time for Minecraft 1.9.

From what we know so far therer should be changes to the Nether, Snowmen, and NPS in the villages.

If you want a copy you can get it at: http://assets.minecraft.net/1_9-pre/minecraft.jar

Take some screenshots or videos of what you find and post them here.

Update:

I've been roaming around in creative mode so far and found a few things.

First new mob is a Magma Cube, got a shot of him mid jump.

Nether Ruins with second new mob the Blaze.

Closer look of the Blaze, there was also a spawner for them behind me in a room.

Seems lava flows for longer in the Nether now. Wonder if I could make infinite lava pools now.

Lilly pads in the swamps now.

Next to the glass pane you see Nether Bricks and Nether Brick Fences.

Next to the Ender Pearl you will see a Blaze rod (Dropped by the Blaze), a Ghast Tear, Gold Nuggets (dropped by Zombie pigmen), and Nether Wart (plant)

Found some NPCs only seems to be 2 one with a white apron (Female) and one without (Male).  I don't think they liked the fact I broke into their house.

Also Ghast seem to have a new sound when they fire at you.

Endermen currently have no sound.

Also water and lava now drop through other blocks Video:
[video=youtube;dJLBVDXdh5k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJLBVDXdh5k[/video]

Quote from: Minecraft ForumsNotch has also said that the 1.10 release will be coming soon, with even more Adventure-related updates.

1.9 includes:

• New mobs
  • Villager
  • Magma Cube
  • Snow Golem
  • Mooshroom
  • Blaze
  • New blocks
  • Netherrack Bricks
  • Netherrack Stairs
  • Netherrack Fence
  • Lily Pad
  • New items
  • Blaze Rod
  • Ghast Tear
  • Nether Wart
  • Gold Nugget
  • New generated structures
  • Nether Ruins
  • New Bugs
  • Biome tinting is too harsh between regular water and swamp water, rather than blending.
  • Can no longer jump repeatedly by holding a key
  • Snow golems do not take fall damage

Happy Crafting
UA Staff
God's in his Heaven. All's right with the world.

Turboplant

DragonMasterNYC

No problem the minute I saw Jeb put it on Twitter I knew I needed to post it here. The Minecraft forums still don't even have this posted.

Also I updated some of the info in my first post.

humancatpost

There\'s a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life.

Inquisitor Delo

Quote from: humancatpost;951Fuck yeah!

That about sums up how I felt too.

I like how the new nether blocks look, especially the brick.

Speaking of bricks, I absolutely love the look of stone bricks. The structures I've built so far have a nice Medieval feel to them.
=][= Exitus Acta Probat =][=

DragonMasterNYC

Quote from: Inquisitor Delo;952Speaking of bricks, I absolutely love the look of stone bricks. The structures I've built so far have a nice Medieval feel to them.
They've been a great addition. Human, Tober, 1dude, and I renovated a village we found with them.

Guess this means a new test for the server and a reload.

Also those ruins in the Nether are huge, on top of that I think they should be called Fortresses because of the way they are built. Only thing I find odd is there is nothing to light up the inside.

Inquisitor Delo

Fortress Ruins, maybe? Even if you do place torches, its still hard to see anything, for me at least.

DragonMasterNYC

Quote from: Inquisitor Delo;956Fortress Ruins, maybe? Even if you do place torches, its still hard to see anything, for me at least.
It's because of the dark texture it uses, but maybe you could turn up the brightness in the game to see better. To me it's normal for something like this to happen in a game.

Tama

Looks nice. I'll look into it when I'm feeling better.

Soda

That's it. Notch has broken the LAST GODDAMN STRAW! I'm getting Minecraft in sheer rage. I WILL BLOW UP BEDROCK! HURRAH!
Whoever snuck SCP-504 into the cafeteria kitchen is getting terminated. Those tomato slices are like fucking shuriken. - Dr. Blast

Tama

Quote from: Soda;963That's it. Notch has broken the LAST GODDAMN STRAW! I'm getting Minecraft in sheer rage. I WILL BLOW UP BEDROCK! HURRAH!
You can't only in Creative mode and only by hand.

Soda

Quote from: NinnyChan;964You can't only in Creative mode and only by hand.
Removed
Whoever snuck SCP-504 into the cafeteria kitchen is getting terminated. Those tomato slices are like fucking shuriken. - Dr. Blast

Tama

Quote from: Soda;965I know that.

--- Update ---

BTW can you get a cracked server up?
Just fucking buy it.

Soda

Quote from: NinnyChan;968Just fucking buy it.
Removed

Inquisitor Delo

Quote from: Soda;963That's it. Notch has broken the LAST GODDAMN STRAW! I'm getting Minecraft in sheer rage. I WILL BLOW UP BEDROCK! HURRAH!

It appears Notch has "convinced" you to buy minecraft. That clever Swed.......

DragonMasterNYC

I can't even understand why you would ask such a question Soda.

I keep telling people not to wait til the last minute to buy this game, it's cheaper now then it will ever be.

Soda

Quote from: DragonMasterNYC;972I can't even understand why you would ask such a question Soda.

I keep telling people not to wait til the last minute to buy this game, it's cheaper now then it will ever be.
Nevermind. I just bought it. Removing above comment.

Tama

humancatpost

I will either go inside of the village, slaughter everyone, and claim it for my own, or I will put an iron fence around the perimeter and call it Auschwitz.  Either way, the TESTIFICATES will die slowly and painfully.
There\'s a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life.

Turboplant

Soda

Quote from: turboplant;997
lawl!!!

DragonMasterNYC

I made an army in creative mode as well. Whole Mushroom biome island filled with them.

@Humancatpost well how about we just let them drown in the well.

lulks

I think I will wait for the full 1.9 to come out, or should I get it now?
"Veni, Vidi, Vici"

DragonMasterNYC

Quote from: lulks;1117I think I will wait for the full 1.9 to come out, or should I get it now?
You can test it but the server won't be updated till 1.9 which means another new world to play in.

lulks

"Veni, Vidi, Vici"