Main Menu

New TrackMania 2 Stadium Server

Started by static2601, March 09, 2013, 01:15:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

static2601

I have stopped this server a while ago, I dont have time to do anything with it right now. I need more maps and until then, I will keep it down. If people show more interest in it then i may bring it back online. Thanks.

Poke yo face

Oh good i was looking for something to do

static2601

Heres a video, I can't edit the OP for some reason
[video=youtube;P5Qnws7Njas]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5Qnws7Njas[/video]

static2601

I will probably be moving the server to my local computer so I can have full access to it and the database. I should soon have live ranking and dedimania records along with other plugins working on it. The other server will just be a waste of money and will cancel it. It was useless since I didn't have ftp access to it to install mods and maps. So, Ill keep you updated on progress.

Poke yo face

How would I go about submitting a track?

static2601

If you just send me the gbx file through a file hosting (dropbox) or post it here.

--- Update ---

have created a new server on my computer and am now using XAseco2 which stores and lists everyones records for that map and server, also list dedimania records. I am still setting everything up but its up and running my 3 custom maps for now. You can join by #join=staticdediserver1@TMStadium into the in-game browser. Or you can search for servers in Ohio. UA RacingTM2 Stadium.

Poke yo face

well I have no idea if im doing this right so here they are i guess lol A Long and Nauseating Journey.Map.gbx Marathon.Map.gbx The Long Haul.Map.gbx didnt work welp imma noob at this

static2601

use //www.filesend.net and browse for it and upload, give me the link.

static2601

Quote from: Poke yo face;8667http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f=1a0564480dc2ea1c4c78f16ac70e26e2 well theres the 2nd one I made so yeah ill go ahead and get the other 2 now http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f=01cdc5547b9c1a75977dd04254e7057c Here is the most recent one now for the first map http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f=5ca0199aa141a9d4ff28694ccd78a2f0 and thar she blows!!

Ive added the long haul and the long and unseating journey. When you make the tracks you should try and do these things:

Dont make annoying things that make you fly off the track or something that ruins the flow of the game.
Try to make checkpoints so players can respawn closer rather then further away.
Add some props to the map to make it look nice and less empty, it really helps add to it especially if you cant see the whole track from the start line.
Make smooth transitions flat to incline for example, unless you mean to.
Don't make tracks that take more then a couple minutes to complete.

I don't consider myself good at making tracks for this but I think its some things we should keep in mind when making them.

Btw, I didnt add your "marathon" map because of some annoyances. maybe you could fix it up and add some stuff to spice up the surroundings. I liked the beginning though!

I will be adding a map voting system so we can see what others think about the maps we add and we can remove or fix them if need be. I removed HumanCatPost's "Welcome to Hell" track since people didnt seem to like it. One person commented "the person that made this map deserves to be crucified". lol

--- Update ---

Map voting now enabled.

--- Update ---

anyone is looking for this server (probably no one) it is down until more maps are created for it. No point in having the server up for everyone if it only runs a few maps. so, play the beta and make some maps for it. Btw, those who don't play it cause you think that you need to buy it and the demo is limited, well the demo pretty much is the full game minus a few things like getting planets(in game currency), solo times for the tracks and customized cars being viewable by other players. it does not limit the servers you can join or playability of the game. The the demo may not be up forever, when the game comes out in April, they may remove it, though this was in question by the game developers when people asked will there be a free version like trackmania nations and united.

Tetra

Sorry static haven't been paying much attention to the game, I still enjoyed it though so when I have the time next I will try to start making maps you can use in the server.