Main Menu

Minecraft 1.9 Pre-release 5 Live

Started by DragonMasterNYC, October 27, 2011, 05:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonMasterNYC

Get your copy of the 5th pre-release here.

Here is a changelog from Reddit.

• Block of iron texture is changed.

• You now have mushroom biome grass in your creative inventory.
  • Fence Posts no longer connect to leaves.
  • More achievements.
  • Annoying Stair glitch fixed. Confirmed by redditor meesebyte.
  • Option to disable clouds in menu.
  • F6 = smooth walking It seems to allow you to fly  straight but not up or down (works on survival). It acts as a noclip,  lets you go through blocks deals you damage... Your Y co-ordinate  doesn't change.
  • F9 Adds a fixed camera angle. ( You can move this with I, J, K, and L)
  • Passive squid animation is now vertical. (Credit to B1ueStarfish for finding this)
  • Lily pads are no longer gray in inventory, have a tool tip.
  • In creative mode hostile mobs no longer attack you unless provoked, except for ghasts and spiders. Note Enemies from spawners are still hostile. (Thanks theriverotter)
  • Melon slice drops are back to normal! (Thanks dg200)
  • Pressing "N" "M" "Y" "U" "O" and "H" changes depth of field and angles of camera. (Thanks Pupetteer)
  • You receive a warning when changing render distance to far.
  • Items retain their enchantments if chest is destroyed.
  • You can now look around without a mouse using: I, J, K, and L.
  • Slimes not restricted to y0-16 anymore.
  • Game Crashing piston glitch fixed.
  • Player bow drawback animation improved.
  • Silk touch does not work on spawners.
  • Instant Heal splash potions damage zombies.
  • Vertical Water physics are different. (Not sure if bug or otherwise)
  • Cool Enderdragon Death Animation.
  • Snow Golums visible!
  • Longer reach for mining as well as attacking.
God's in his Heaven. All's right with the world.

humancatpost

Nice, I'll update.  Hey, have any of you by any chance heard when the MineCon cloak pops up on your little block-man.  I registered like 2 hours ago and still have a bare back.
There\'s a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life.

Soda

Can someone tell me how to use the 1.9 PR please? I just WISH that Mojang would cough up the full update already instead passing out bits n pieces of it.
Whoever snuck SCP-504 into the cafeteria kitchen is getting terminated. Those tomato slices are like fucking shuriken. - Dr. Blast

lulks

Download the .jar file for the minecraft pre 5. Replace the regular 1.8 jar with the 1.9 pre 5 jar. Should run fine

--- Update ---

Also, you can now mine the stone that is in the end now. Its called "end stone"
"Veni, Vidi, Vici"

humancatpost

Oh, and btw Soda, they won't update the game until November 18th, which will be the full release.
There\'s a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life.

DragonMasterNYC

Quote from: humancatpost;1813Nice, I'll update.  Hey, have any of you by any chance heard when the MineCon cloak pops up on your little block-man.  I registered like 2 hours ago and still have a bare back.
I don't think that loads until after the main release and MineCon.

static2601

i see the sun is somewhat rounded now or was that in a earlier version?

DragonMasterNYC

Quote from: static2601;1855i see the sun is somewhat rounded now or was that in a earlier version?
In pre-release 4 they rounded the moon and sun, but 5 has moon phases now, might have been added last release.

I think I might tint the full moon and make it the Blood moon in the next texture pack release I make.

lulks

How do I change the camera back to normal?
"Veni, Vidi, Vici"

Bighead2496

Quote from: lulks;1859How do I change the camera back to normal?
the same way you got into that camera view

Inquisitor Delo

Ive noticed that the Endys don't burn to death in the sunlight, they just teleport sparadically.
=][= Exitus Acta Probat =][=

lulks

Also, enderdragons can now be killed by hitting them in their head. They drop 20,000 experience and an obsidian. The obsidian is a placeholder I think.
"Veni, Vidi, Vici"

DragonMasterNYC

Quote from: lulks;1867Also, enderdragons can now be killed by hitting them in their head. They drop 20,000 experience and an obsidian. The obsidian is a placeholder I think.
It is I think they are gonna have Dragon Eggs.

lulks

Yeah. Hmm hopefully you can be able to ride the dragons you raise.
"Veni, Vidi, Vici"

DragonMasterNYC

Quote from: lulks;1879Yeah. Hmm hopefully you can be able to ride the dragons you raise.
I hope so or at least another pet to add to my army of mobs.

humancatpost

Quote from: DragonMasterNYC;1870It is I think they are gonna have Dragon Eggs.

Maybe they are to hatch another dragon.  Who wants to fight a dragon once and have it be gone forever?  It's like the whole limited stronghold thing, the people want renewable resources, and this dragon may be one.

DragonMasterNYC

Quote from: humancatpost;1894Maybe they are to hatch another dragon.  Who wants to fight a dragon once and have it be gone forever?  It's like the whole limited stronghold thing, the people want renewable resources, and this dragon may be one.
I hope it is and the stronghold limit removed.

Well only 16 days till Minecon maybe 1 more pre-release, but I hope Minecon is good for ya Human.

humancatpost

Quote from: DragonMasterNYC;1908I hope it is and the stronghold limit removed.

Well only 16 days till Minecon maybe 1 more pre-release, but I hope Minecon is good for ya Human.

Me too.  Finally got mah cape!

DragonMasterNYC

Quote from: humancatpost;1911Me too.  Finally got mah cape!
Thank god can't wait to see it in game. Also once Spout updates I might add capes for the Admins, if I can.