Main Menu

Clan News

Started by Trinity, March 08, 2013, 04:57:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trinity

Many of you may not know this but DragonMaster moved within the past month. At the current time he doesn't have access to internet so therefore will not be around. The server for Minecraft and the forum has been housed at Cold Assassin's house. Sometime possibly this weekend or during the coming week the Minecraft server and forum will be shutdown and the files transferred over to Dragon. Since Dragon doesn't have access to internet the forum and the Minecraft server will be down for a period of time. Chances are when the server is back up and running it will not be on the current world that is being used. Our server has been a Bukkit server with lots of different plugins. Bukkit is notoriously slow at updating which is frustrating for everyone.  We are looking at going with a modded server using a Feed the Beast modpack. The managers would like to know what you guys think about this change in our minecraft server. For those who use mods what are your favorites? We are currently looking at using the Direwolf20 modpack. It is possible to add extra mods to this pack with relative ease.

Since the forum is going to be down for indeterminate period of time a Facebook page has been set up so any information can be release. We are also going to set up a Twitter account. If anyone can think of another social media site we can set that up as well. So far as I know Ventrilo will still be running. There is also Skype for chatting as well which many of us use.

I just want to thank everyone in advance for your patience at this time. UA is still very much up and running and in no danger of shutting down anytime soon.

UA Management
I don\'t poke the puppy. I poke the poopy.  

static2601

So do we need a place for the minecraft server and/or forums during the transition?

Tetra

We kind of already do, Mega made a UA FB and a UA Twitter, and UA Skype Group.

Trinity

For the time being the Minecraft server is going to be down. Like I said in the announcement we are looking at getting a modded server through a host. I currently have a modded minecraft server and I must say I'm very impressed. Dragon has played on it and it's what he has in mind for a server. Cold Assassin has paid for us to have web hosting for the forum for the year so we are good.
I don\'t poke the puppy. I poke the poopy.  

static2601

Quote from: Tetra;8649We kind of already do, Mega made a UA FB and a UA Twitter, and UA Skype Group.

Well what I mean is for the forums, I know we got a facebook but thats not even close to as good as forums. I could host the forums if need be for now. I have a web server I could use or I could even get cheap hosting somewhere. Though I don't know if oyu would just transfer it over along with the database?