Main Menu

Warframe Clan

Started by RockCambo, May 24, 2013, 04:05:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RockCambo

Hello fellow assassins, RockCambo here.

In light of a new update for the video game Warframe I have decided to form a clan in our name in the game. We are looking for members who would like to try this game out and have fun.

[video=youtube;Gx5RDaGVkZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx5RDaGVkZE[/video]

Video for what the game looks like for those who haven't heard of this game before.

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils, because it prolongs the torment of man." -Friedrich Nietzsche

stewartlittle327

I like the game keeps time going just going from place to place going on getting resources to make things and getting mods to upgrade. But if you wanna make things grinding areas can get little grind heavy depending on your play style you can metal gear solid style it in which you are steathly and unseen getting sneak attacks or you can be a tank and run in killing everything you see and eating damage, yes its a free to play so alot of things are bought in the store with money but at least this one gives you a crafting chance. Overall in my opinion it's fun if you have time.

lulks

It looks interesting. Downloading now. If I like it, I'll join!
"Veni, Vidi, Vici"

leviathan

Looks cool but i've been disappointed by games that have good trailers before.
To be truly sane, one must first be insane.

RockCambo

Quote from: leviathan;9348Looks cool but i've been disappointed by games that have good trailers before.

The trailer was kind of a filler for any form of description from me. I got little sleep last night XD To be completely frank the game is cool and fun despite it's repetitiveness and (now semi) grind-heavy crafting. Interesting weapons and Warframe abilities.

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils, because it prolongs the torment of man." -Friedrich Nietzsche

Poke yo face

I used to play warframe quite a bit but got bored of it however I am gonna play more since this update added kunai which sounds like they will be awesome and I hope this clan thing adds more things for me to have fun doing

RockCambo

Quote from: Poke yo face;9356I used to play warframe quite a bit but got bored of it however I am gonna play more since this update added kunai which sounds like they will be awesome and I hope this clan thing adds more things for me to have fun doing

If we get more members and a dedicated plan we can possibly be able to get all the special clan-centric weapons and all the glorious rooms of the Dojo, like the 1v1 Duel Room.

static2601

I might check it out this weekend.

Poke yo face

Quote from: RockCambo;9360If we get more members and a dedicated plan we can possibly be able to get all the special clan-centric weapons and all the glorious rooms of the Dojo, like the 1v1 Duel Room.
well hopefully nano spores are a main component to some additions if so I can certainly help out a lil bit also the kunai are amazing

lulks

So far, Warframe is pretty fun! I have the blueprint for the clan dojo key, but I can't make it yet.
"Veni, Vidi, Vici"

stewartlittle327

I happen to love this update just for fact now we can have friends come in randomly and help out or can help with the dojo sadly it takes quite a bit of resources so its more towards having everything you want for the time and keeping resources and hopefully get the dojo up and running in no time.

Inquisitor Delo

Watched a few videos. Reminds me of Crysis meets MGS: Revengeance meets Mass Effect

I'll definitely give it a try
=][= Exitus Acta Probat =][=

RockCambo

Fellow Unknown Assassins:

The developers are aware of the major disadvantages of small clans, and thus they are working to test and adjust the Dojo costs according to the size of the clans in the near future. After hearing this news I have decided to reset our Dojo rooms and thus all those who have donated their resources have gotten them back. I would advise not to donate to the construction of the Dojo until the clan changes are implemented by the developers.

On a sidenote I would like to say thank you to all who have tried out Warframe. Me and Pimp hope you continue to play and enjoy the game, and we encourage more people to join in on the fun.

EDIT: I have added the dev's post on the Warframe forums.

Spoiler: ShowHide
NEXT ON WARFRAME...

We have a lot going on at the moment and I wanted to jump in quick and  share my thoughts and talk about Update 8 and what is coming next.  Warframe will be at E3 and the team has been slammed getting ready. In  the near term, our focus is on iterating, fixing, polishing your game  and sending bro-hugs to our fans and detractors in the form of sweet  sweet hotfixes... Beyond that, there are very cool things on the  horizon. I'm most excited the potential of Warframers making missions!

CLANS/DOJO-GATE

CLAN SIZE: We're currently thinking of these tiers: Shadow Clan (30 limit), River Clan (100 limit), Mountain Clan (500 limit), Moon Clan  (2000 limit). Existing massive clans will likely grandfathered in but  there may be upkeep friction for those really crazy sized ones. We will  avoid forced splits though. Starting a clan will take some resources.  Jumping between clans will be slow to reduce exploits. We need these  limits to help bring sanity to database, networking and balance  equations. Stay tuned, as we're still working out the details.

CONSTRUCTION COSTS: Sorry about how this turned out, slapping "Alpha" on  it was not enough. Soon the size of your clan will affect the crafting  costs (duh). To grow a Shadow Clan to a River Clan (and beyond) will  require building a new structure to increase the capacity. Connector  pieces will be adjusted in cost. Large clans will not feel a ton of  difference. It will make all the difference for small ones. This will  not be a linear curve, larger group of more active players will be able  to build faster but it won't be such a ridiculous gap.

CLAN POLARITY: Each clan will optionally select a polarity (at a  shrine-like room they must build) which will affect the Mod capacity of  all members. This is the beginning of Clans making its members more  powerful.

CLAN TAGS/MOTD: High ranking Clan members will be able to set a short  tag prefix that will show up on their membership's name. There will be a  message-of-the-day they can edit and this will appear in chat as well  as plastered on the wall in the Dojo.

ARCHITECT UI: We're adding features to make dead-ends more obvious,  looking at some cross-connector issues and add support to tagging  components with text (for signage).

DOJO HOTNESS: New rooms (Obstacle courses!) and extended material  customization are in the works. Architects will be able to place  arbitrary objects (per-component count limit) to bring Dojo  customization to the next level. Some of these things will be related to  world events and bosses to give your Dojo a sense of history.

R&D WEAPONS: A few desperately need a buff. We've got custom  animations and balance changes to a few of these coming. These did come  in hot and we didn't get enough animation support (animation team was  slammed with our big top-secret E3 thing). Will magically get better  soon.

DUELING: Intra-Clan leaderboards, PvP-specific balance changes (Hek  zomg) and stability fixes are in the works. We'll be adding a UI for  clans to create their dueling rules.

ECONOMY

RNG GODS: These RNG Gods are angry! We are constantly thinking about RNG  vs. time advancement. It would be a radical change to just drop it  entirely. I promise we are considering all feedback and debating a  token-system for some type of items. I can understand the frustration  with the lottery aspects.

FORMA: We've done months of work on the Dojo system and offer tons of  weapons we'd normally sell for Platinum. Buying Forma means supporting  Warframe's development and future. Playing for it is also an option of  course, and we’ve made it obtainable in The Void. Will we look at the  drop-rates and dojo costs? Hell yes.

PRICE OF PLATINUM IS TOO DAMN HIGH: Only thing firm I can say here is -  we'll be adding some limited-time Platinum discounts from daily  sign-ins. Any other changes will likely be gradual, we can't yet smash  this even if you feel we should.

GENERAL:

STEALTH: Yes, beyond Kunai, we haven't progress this very much. We've  been talking about a new mission type to address this, more to come.

STUN-LOCK: We don't love it either. We do need to find better ways to slow down the ninjas in our game without loss of control.

BOSSES: The ones coming are disgusting, cruel, and completely badass.  There are some exploits with Kril that we are looking to fix.

DON'T NERF "X", MAKE "Y" AS GOOD AS "X": Message received and understood.

ACCOUNT RESET: Is coming back but with restrictions to close some of the exploits that were spreading (sly foxes, all of you).

We're going to focus on fixes and balance. We're going to check out drop  tables, think hard about the feedback and then knock out kick-ass  updates. Beyond that, get ready to craft your OWN Warframe levels made  from our tilesets. Get ready to see more Lore, better quests and Clan  events for Shadow to Mountain.

Thanks for playing!

Inquisitor Delo

Quoteour big top-secret E3 thing

All the more reason to look forward to E3

stewartlittle327

-update- Dojo progress will be halted untill the next update that will reduce the amount of resources which as of posting this should be very soon.

Inquisitor Delo

Time to resurrect this topic.

Update 9 has released, meaning the Clan scaling has occured.

Meaning we actually built the dojo now.

And Clantech weapons are being researched right now as well.

Just a PSA

RockCambo

Status Update on the Dojo:

We have all necessary rooms built (complete with Dueling Room and Obstacle Course) and we are soon to be approaching our first set of clan weapons to research. Stop on by the Research Labs and pool your resources into them, the sooner the better. Also, don't forget to stockpile up on Detonite Injectors, Fieldron and Mutagen Masses as well as Forma, for you need them for these weapons. Pick up the blueprints for these (minus Forma, which is an alert/Void drop) in the Oracle Room.

lulks

Apparently the Oracle isn't the place to get the blueprints. You can just get the blueprintss from the labs themselves
"Veni, Vidi, Vici"