Main Menu

Stop the greif (MC survival server)

Started by Chipawok, October 15, 2011, 02:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chipawok

Even though I may still be new to the clan, I do care about it and its members. Over the past week or two, the survial minecraft server has experienced a large amount of greif.  In order to limit the amount of greifing, I would like to suggest a few changes to who and how you let people into the server.  First, I think that a white-list would help save the trouble of unwanted, unknown gamers and possible greifers from gaining access to the server. Also, someone should be in charge of making and taking apllications (can be part of the clan joining aplication), so we would know the intent of the people joining the game. Possibly even hold a carefully watched intiation system, where new people would be acompanied by an exsisting member for a set time, just to keep an eye on that new person. We do already have a regular group on the server, people who you can always find online, but I think, for future protection, that these extra safty precations should be followed in order to maintane a fun and safe gaming environment.
I still sign because of Peer Pressure...

Bighead2496

DragonMasterNYC

It was white-listed for about a year, but after 1.8 I opened it to the public.

I have a system in place to fix these issues when they happen. The main problem isn't people we don't know it's people's siblings that come in when they are not home or asleep. I've made it known that they will get you in trouble and nothing they say will change a thing. As stated before don't save your password on the computer and don't allow anyone else to use your account because if they do and grief I will ban that account. So far 4 out of the 5 griefers we've had were people we know.
God's in his Heaven. All's right with the world.

Soda

Since most of the OP's are online most of the day, you can make Spawn Jails. Click THIS if you don't know what that is.
Whoever snuck SCP-504 into the cafeteria kitchen is getting terminated. Those tomato slices are like fucking shuriken. - Dr. Blast

DragonMasterNYC

Still doesn't mater because once we remove them from it they might go griefing when we are away. People tend to do it while no one is on and it is rare that it's someone we don't know.

humancatpost

I look at it this way: If they grief, the the server will be clocked back to an un-griefed time by Dragon, the griefer will be banned, and afterwards you can go claim all of the griefer's stuff.  That's like a triple win!
There\'s a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life.

DragonMasterNYC

Quote from: humancatpost;1562I look at it this way: If they grief, the the server will be clocked back to an un-griefed time by Dragon, the griefer will be banned, and afterwards you can go claim all of the griefer's stuff.  That's like a triple win!
Back to normal and free stuff, sounds good to me. The best part of it is they can't get rid of our protected items.